Star Wars Fine Art Show-off Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave is pretty swamped right now. He was at CE and SDCC. It may take a week or two to hear back from him. But don't worry... he is an awesome guy and will get you your stuff! I know it's tough... but be patient.

17b0_1.JPG

Just won this CIV print on Ebay for 31.00. I couldn't resist the cool blue glow and Unleashed heritage. Did I get a good deal compared to the CIV cost? This brings my print total up to 3 ... WOOT.

Mighty nice of you. Dave contacted me personally to make sure I was able to secure all the prints I wanted. He's a great guy and a great artist as well. Mine should be here this week courtesy of Abstract.

He e-mailed me as well and I had gotten one from someone who went to CE. I was able to pick up an artist proof of his CIV print though..... :D

17b0_1.JPG

Just won this CIV print on Ebay for 31.00. I couldn't resist the cool blue glow and Unleashed heritage. Did I get a good deal compared to the CIV cost? This brings my print total up to 3 ... WOOT.

You scored big time, I think it was $75 at CIV.

Ok so I recieved the Hoth and Jabba Palace Dave Dormon prints today but he forgot to put the Dewback in the tube so I have contacted him about that. He also did a cool sketch of an ATAT on the Hoth one.

So my question is have anyone got these framed and what size frames you have used.

Ok so I recieved the Hoth and Jabba Palace Dave Dormon prints today but he forgot to put the Dewback in the tube so I have contacted him about that. He also did a cool sketch of an ATAT on the Hoth one.

So my question is have anyone got these framed and what size frames you have used.

I haven't got my Dewback patrol framed yet but if you get yours framed before me, let me know what you used (and pics would be great)

I haven't got my Dewback patrol framed yet but if you get yours framed before me, let me know what you used (and pics would be great)

Yes I will be sure to take pictures but I got to get it first.
I was thinking about doing something like making the matte cover all but the the actual print and cover up the white part and logo at bottom but have a small box in one to show the remark of the ATAT on the hoth print which is awesome.

Just got my Vanderstelt framed in an awesome black-matte frame. I absolutely love it. I'll try to snap some pics and post them.

Just got my Vanderstelt framed in an awesome black-matte frame. I absolutely love it. I'll try to snap some pics and post them.

I assume you're talking about the CIV print. But either way he is a god and any print by him is a great addition.

How much were all those?

Definately pics please - I'm still trying to decide how to frame / matte mine.

I got a very simple black frame from Michael's for Jerry's CIV print and it looks perfect just in the frame without any matting.

Exact same thing I did. I love off the shelf frames. Custom frames, not so much :emperor

Exact same thing I did. I love off the shelf frames. Custom frames, not so much :emperor

Ya, they had a real glass one made of wood that was the same size and would have looked nicer, but it was so heavy, the black one looks as nice and the plexiglass makes it nice and light so I don't fear falling and breaking happening to it. I have to get some customs for my other 2 prints soon.

Finally got my Staggs CE print back from the frame shop and it turned out good, this is an awesome print. I have to thank Mark again for picking it up for me and sorry for the glare, I couldn't stop it from showing up.
NoShields.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok; we took Adam's art Nouveau Leia to the framers last weekend; it'll be another week or so til its ready to be picked up. but I think it's going to knock people's socks off! I can't wait!!!!!!!!:blissy

Ok; we took Adam's art Nouveau Leia to the framers last weekend; it'll be another week or so til its ready to be picked up. but I think it's going to knock people's socks off! I can't wait!!!!!!!!:blissy

Looking forward to the pics. The one posted here with the red / maroon matte look awesome, perfect color.:cool:

Back