Star Wars Fine Art Show-off Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately Adam Hughes and I both had to back out. So no prints from us this time around. Hopefully we can try and work something out so that the fans can maybe get our prints through ACME at a later date!

~Allison

:gah:

Awww. Hope you feel better soon Alli ! :pray:

I have Dorman's Obi-Wan print that I need to get framed. My list is never ending....

I love Dormans Pieces. Wife and I argued at CIV over his prints. She wanted the sandtroopers. I wanted Hoth. We compromised, and got both on the last day of the convention!

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

*She* has her Sandtrooper print in the kitchen, with a small shelf for the Sideshow Sandies, along with a Gonk droid.

Before I say this, let me say that I am a big Dorman fan and I have at least 7 or 8 of his prints framed, but....... the print "In the court of Jabba the Hutt" is by far his worst. The likeness of Leia is not good and the Jabba looks really bad. It's just not up to snuff when compaired to his other work. Take a close look at it before you jump in. Mine has been rolled up in a tube for 5 years. I can't justify the cost to frame it. You can see all my Dorman stuff framed back around page 60 of this thread just in case you don't believe me that I am a big Dorman Fan. Also dissappointed to see he dosen't have anything for C5. Just my thought though... If you like it - get it.

Oh, still I think it's a nice print. But you're right that the likenesses are very off. So much so that I think he must not have been trying to get accurate likenesses. He got Carrie Fisher perfectly on the Leia as Boushh piece, and that predates the Jabba's Palace piece.

Before I say this, let me say that I am a big Dorman fan and I have at least 7 or 8 of his prints framed, but....... the print "In the court of Jabba the Hutt" is by far his worst. The likeness of Leia is not good and the Jabba looks really bad. It's just not up to snuff when compaired to his other work. Take a close look at it before you jump in. Mine has been rolled up in a tube for 5 years. I can't justify the cost to frame it. You can see all my Dorman stuff framed back around page 60 of this thread just in case you don't believe me that I am a big Dorman Fan. Also dissappointed to see he dosen't have anything for C5. Just my thought though... If you like it - get it.

According to the the Facebook Celebration 5 Art page Dave Dorman is making a C5 print. Re the Jabba print, I guess I'm the lone voice, but I love it. No, Leia is not perfect, but the throne, Jabba, Lando, and everything else about the print is fantastic.

The following print just arrived. It will be framed and put on my wall next to a few autographs and prints soon. Christian Waggoner Stormtrooper print, 67/195, I would have gone for a canvas version, but it wouldn't fit with my other prints and stuff:

printchristianwaggoners.jpg

Obviously, love it jkno!

Hey by the way everyone... ACME is having a panel on Thursday at SDCC. Christian Waggoner will actually be painting on stage as part of the panel - how cool will that be? :yess:

Hope to see you guys there. Here's the official snippet from the Thursday program:

5:30-6:30 Acme Archives Ltd— This presentation focuses on the creative process used in producing limited-edition entertainment-based art and features a live performance from renowned Star Wars artist Christian Waggoner. He will be painting on stage while a panel of Acme representatives and Acme artists discuss limited-edition art and its creation. The entire procedure will be outlined, including finding new artists, discussing concepts, creating rough ideas, getting studio approvals, receiving finished art, preparing art for printing, and, ultimately, releasing the print on the Acme website. Questions will be taken throughout the program. Room 26AB

Back