Star Wars Fine Art Show-off Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That matte is wild, Rage!!!!! :)

I just got back my Dave Dorm CIV print and my Cat Staggs CIV and CE prints from the framer. Cat's CIV Luke had to go back due to the fact the matte somehow got scored by a sharp tool during framing. Once I get it back all fixed, I'll take some pix for everyone...

Hey folks... as promised, here's three pieces I got framed this month. Sorry I'm a terrible photog. Obviously any blue light you see reflected is the stoooopid flash on my camera.

First, a little Dave Dorman for ya:

dorman.jpg

The frame is not really metallic (ie made of metal)... but it has that effect:

dorman-frame.jpg

Remarque of a kneeling Vader:

vader-remarque.jpg

Now a sweet pair of prints from Ms. Cat Staggs. I really am a sucker for war propaganda pieces:

staggs-pieces-1.jpg

The frame on these isn't black. It's actually a kind of cool blue/violet on the "outside" with some red undertones on the "inside". It's very subtle. Same frame on both pieces and it works wonderfully! This should detail it:

cat-frame-close.jpg

BONK!!!

stormie-remarque-1.jpg

Thanks, guys. Yeah... the "BONK!" remarque is awesome. One of my favorite remarques on any of my artwork. Funny this is, that piece is from Celebration Europe, and I wasn't even there to get it in person. Friend of mine picked the print up of for me and told Cat to do something fun. Score! :yess:

Nice work Swabie, very cool. I totally regret not picking up those Stagg prints, I had no idea they'd be so elusive (not to mention expensive!).

Nice frame on the Dorman. I hope Cat follows the same theme for her C5 print.

Thanks again, everyone. I'll keep posting as I get stuff framed. But darn... it's expensive! I have some Ralph McQuarrie pieces and some Jerry Vanderstelt pieces on tap next for the framer! :):)

Has anyone heard who will be doing new prints for Celebration 5? I know Vanderselt is, how about Dave Dorman or Catt Staggs? Any info would be great. With past celebrations, we got some previews, nothing yet for C5.

Confirmed For Celebration V:
Tom Hodges
Ralph McQuarrie - represented, not in person
Monte Moore
Katie Cook
Tim Proctor
Spencer Brinkerhoff
Jerry Vanderstelt
David Rabbitte
Sarah Wilkinson
Cat Staggs
Grant Gould
Chris Trevas
Jamie Snell
Joe Corroney
Allison Sohn
Adam Hughes
Jeff Carlisle
Brian Rood
Lee Kohshe
Jason Palmer
Mark McHaley

You can expect new prints from these confirmed artists. More to be added as well.

Anyone have an idea of what the Dave Dorman Lithograph goes for "In the Palace of Jabba the Hutt"? Signed..its 20"X36"

I'd say around $50-$75, actually. It was originally a lot more, but Dorman himself has been selling artist proofs for $50 on ebay (got one myself) and I think that's hurt the value. There's none on ebay right now for reasonable prices, but if you're patient I would think you could find one cheaply.

Hey folks... as promised, here's three pieces I got framed this month. Sorry I'm a terrible photog. Obviously any blue light you see reflected is the stoooopid flash on my camera.

First, a little Dave Dorman for ya:

dorman.jpg

The frame is not really metallic (ie made of metal)... but it has that effect:

dorman-frame.jpg

Remarque of a kneeling Vader:

vader-remarque.jpg

I like the Dorman one. Hopefully one day I'll get his Hoth print.

You can expect new prints from these confirmed artists. More to be added as well.
Unfortunately Adam Hughes and I both had to back out. So no prints from us this time around. Hopefully we can try and work something out so that the fans can maybe get our prints through ACME at a later date!

~Allison

Back