Star Wars Exhibit in Philly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the same tour thats been going around for a couple years? I think it got to Portland but never came closer to Seattle. I would love to know if it ever will... is there a site that has more dates on it?

I dont know if theres an Official Site, but I did find a Tour Schedule.
Tour schedule

Museum of Science, Boston, Massachusetts - October 27, 2005 - April 30, 2006

COSI Columbus, Columbus, Ohio - June 3, 2006 - September 4, 2006

Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, Portland, Oregon - October 11, 2006 - January 1, 2007

California Science Center, Los Angeles, California - February 11, 2007 - April 29, 2007

Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, Fort Worth, Texas - June 9, 2007 - September 3, 2007

Museum of Science and Industry (MSI), Chicago, Illinois - October 5, 2007 - January 6, 2008

Franklin Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - February 2008 through May 4, 2008

Science Museum of Minnesota, Saint Paul, Minnesota - June 13, 2008 - August 24, 2008

I gotta say my fave part of it all was the droids.(which surprised me) And vader's ANH costume. (damn is that thing beat up)

I know Magic of Myth did travel, though. It was in San Diego about 10 years ago.

Yeah, they both traveled. What I meant was Magic of Myth's "home" museum was the Smithsonian just as Where Science Meets Imagination's "home" is the Boston Museum of Science.

This came to my town so i took the family very cool!!!

I, too, went to the ol' Science Museum of Minnesota to check this out!

Great stuff but I have to admit, I was a little disappointed. Just a little. There's an undeniable thrill in seeing such iconic objects, but...

Is this Magic of Myth?

...it's just not the Magic of Myth, which I was also lucky enough to attend 7 or so years ago.

Lobot's headgear, while oddly awesome, just isn't as cool as a full-on Boba Fett costume. :rock

If you can't get to Magic, definitely see Where Science Meets..., but if you have a choice? I think Magic is the better show. More stuff.

My pics when this came to the twin cities this summer.

021-4.jpg

020-1.jpg

006-15.jpg

002-16.jpg

003-14.jpg

005-12.jpg

007-5.jpg

008-6.jpg

009-6.jpg

010-6.jpg

What I would do for that Yoda puppet; and yes I said FOR and not TO.

:monkey5:lol:monkey5

Do any of these exhibits ever come to Canada specifically Toronto ?? I would love to see these awesome displays in person if given the chance, we have a lot of facilities here that would be perfect for something like this the Science Centre which had waxed corpses and cadavers (SP??) aswell as artifacts from the Titanic and other exhibits this would fit in well.

Back