Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So in the pre-Disney canon the Empire was defeated at the Battle of Endor (or soon thereafter).

In the post-Disney canon it was defeated at the Battle of Jakku.

The ROTS teaser suggests we may return to Endor (or thereabouts). And to discover Rey's origins we'll need to return to Jakku.

The original Michael Arndt Episode VII treatment commissioned by Lucas had Rey and Luke treasure hunting for lost Jedi/Sith artifacts which then led to Vader's mask and Luke's saber appearing in TFA.

This early art for TFA shows the heroes taking the Falcon under water to seek out the Emperor's throne room which looks exactly like what we might be getting in TROS.

20190415_214725.jpg

Oh man this really is looking like it will have George's fingerprints all over it but shot on 65mm film with mostly practical sets and real world locations.

Bring on the freaking ewoks, tighten up this whole Saga and show us how the FO is all a byproduct of Palpatine's final contingency to regain lost power.

For better or worse I'm never going to have this level of excitement for upcoming SW releases ever again and I'm freaking loving every minute of it. :yess:

Hard to believe there are pieces that large laying around....

SizzlingQuestionableAntipodesgreenparakeet-size_restricted.gif

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Lol very true xipotec but it appears that that is indeed the case.

Maybe a-dev's TROS opening scroll can change to "Massive pieces of the previously vaporized second Death Star have somehow found their way down to the forest moon's single ocean..." lol.

But then again there was a kid in my grade in 1983 utterly *convinced* before the release of the film that the partially built DS II was merely a battle damaged DS I that somehow survived Luke's torpedoes, yeah a total moron, lol, so maybe George suggested that they play to those folks. :D

Whoa, fascinating, thanks Khev!

Going back to the earlier discussion of ST III, I always thought there was too much of the Enterprise still left when it entered the planet's atmosphere. Same now with the DS!

The Falcon going underwater seems as "wrong" as the Enterprise going underwater in STID.

Speaking of artifacts (and further Trek/Wars parallels), does the initial concept footage of Luke's hand and saber tumbling through space (a la the champagne bottle in STG) actually exist?

Maybe a-dev's TROS opening scroll can change to "Massive pieces of the previously vaporized second Death Star have somehow found their way down to the forest moon's single ocean..." lol.

:lol

That word 'somehow' really seemed to click with you :lol

Going back to the earlier discussion of ST III, I always thought there was too much of the Enterprise still left when it entered the planet's atmosphere. Same now with the DS!

Hah, same here. It seemed like such a complete explosion of the saucer section that there ought to have been nothing left.

I bet she swears like a sailor in private.

Don't let the "innocent" act fool you!

l1XONKR.jpg

Oh don't even man...can you imagine if Mando gives us RO quality SW every *week?* :thud:

Wasn't that the vibe you got from the Mando preview? It felt very RO - and um... Shadows of the Empire.:lol

There was also that massive but abandoned Lucasfilm show from maybe 8 years ago that never got made which was very crim underworld. Set in the same period I believe.

The original Michael Arndt Episode VII treatment commissioned by Lucas had Rey and Luke treasure hunting for lost Jedi/Sith artifacts which then led to Vader's mask and Luke's saber appearing in TFA.

This early art for TFA shows the heroes taking the Falcon under water to seek out the Emperor's throne room which looks exactly like what we might be getting in TROS.

View attachment 450580

Oh man this really is looking like it will have George's fingerprints all over it but shot on 65mm film with mostly practical sets and real world locations.

Bring on the freaking ewoks, tighten up this whole Saga and show us how the FO is all a byproduct of Palpatine's final contingency to regain lost power.

For better or worse I'm never going to have this level of excitement for upcoming SW releases ever again and I'm freaking loving every minute of it. :yess:

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

The ST might never recover but why deny yourself the giddy excitement of anticipation of an OT connected movie following Lucas’s blueprint!

Don’t let the cynicism of others become your cynicism and rob you of the fun you’re having on what is the final entry in a universe you love so much sure it might fall on its face BUT it also might not!

Last edited:
show us how the FO is all a byproduct of Palpatine's final contingency to regain lost power.

Wonder how it will fit with Operation: Cinder, which is now canon courtesy of the comics and Battleground 2. Palpatine had a scorched-earth policy to take out several strategic planets in the event of his death.

s1hhsxophvcbfb7fhhpc.png

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

The ST might never recover but why deny yourself the giddy excitement of anticipation of an OT connected movie following Lucas’s blueprint!

Don’t let the cynicism of others become your cynicism and rob you of the fun you’re having on what is the final entry in a universe you love so much sure it might fall on its face BUT it also might not!

Yep it'll be a crazy ride either way, might as well enjoy what we can! :rock

Wonder how it will fit with Operation: Cinder, which is now canon courtesy of the comics and Battleground 2. Palpatine had a scorched-earth policy to take out several strategic planets in the event of his death.

s1hhsxophvcbfb7fhhpc.png

Yeah I remember that from the Shattered Empire comic that came out before TFA. That was the comic that hinted that Poe Dameron might have a connection to the Force starting from birth.

Ughh please don’t bring the Battlefront 2 lame single player story into this :lol

C’mon Prime you’re classier than that lol

Oh was it really that bad, lol.

Back