Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To paraphrase a not-so-good movie, "Star Wars is like pizza, even bad pizza is still pretty good", except for Papa Johns, which is the AOTC of pizza.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

agXM2w6_700b.jpg

You know your franchise is scraping the bottom of the barrel when you’re relying on an 82 year old Billy Williams parodying his performance from 40 years ago for sentimentality feels.

TFA has Ford getting on the Falcon with Chewbacca and saying “we’re home”. Now we got Billy Dee with Chewbacca flying the Falcon saying “hahayeeha”. What’s next? The guy that played Wedge taking a dump out of the Falcon gunner station yelling to Chewbacca, “Whoa! That got him!”?

I honestly don't know why C3PO and Chewie are still hanging around either. They're a waste of space and have zero connections to the new cast. That last shot of the trailer shows the new cast strategically placed in order of importance looking at the death star with Rey front and center, Finn second and way in the back Poe, but then even further back you can see the left overs from the OG trilogy, C3PO and Chewie. It's like, why are you even there? I get BB8, he belongs to Poe.

I think what’s disappointing is she doesn't have a new lightsaber and I like the outfit but it’s a mix of her Jakku gear with resistance khakis, I guess Abrams’ didn’t want any hint of her TLJ wear :lecture

There's no bigger cringe than seeing people forcing themselves to cry and scream for the camera cause they're just so desperate to tell the world that they "feel" something.

Anybody that cries over this **** needs to get a real life. So hung up over science fiction as if it's REAL. Definitely a RELIGION to many people.

You know your franchise is scraping the bottom of the barrel when you’re relying on an 82 year old Billy Williams parodying his performance from 40 years ago for sentimentality feels.

:rotfl

Now we got Billy Dee with Chewbacca flying the Falcon saying “hahayeeha”. What’s next? The guy that played Wedge taking a dump out of the Falcon gunner station yelling to Chewbacca, “Whoa! That got him!”?

I hope Ice Cream Maker Guy makes a new run-by. :yess:

That meme with Lando finally getting his ship back is classic though.

Maybe the teaser is getting such negativity because the creativity is gone. A lot of it is mix mesh of already used ideas . Rey’s look, Lando sporting his Solo outfit, the fighter looks like a revamped interceptor tie fighter, Rey using Anakin/Luke’s saber again, Kylo using the helmet again etc.

Originality seems to be second nature for Abrams for the final film in the saga :dunno

Female force destroys all. It was child-man movie girls have romantic comedies and now we get this what we gets.

You can say to me whatever you want but it is true. Someone need to say that. I think even Thanos will be destroyed by the Captain Marvel.

I'll say it with you man. I'm sure this post will be deleted, but I'll say it: women just can't stand that boys and men have things that they like, and they will systematically shoehorn themselves in to them, get in a position of power, and just gut it like a fish.

It's happened to video games and comic books and sports and movies. Woman are hateful and spiteful and it just burns them up to see boys and men enjoying something without them. So they destroy it.

Maybe the teaser is getting such negativity because the creativity is gone. A lot of it is mix mesh of already used ideas . Rey’s look, Lando sporting his Solo outfit, the fighter looks like a revamped interceptor tie fighter, Rey using Anakin/Luke’s saber again, Kylo using the helmet again etc.

Originality seems to be second nature for Abrams for the final film in the saga :dunno

I guess it's better than "subverting" expectations just for the sake of doing so.

Female force destroys all. It was child-man movie girls have romantic comedies and now we get this what we gets.

You can say to me whatever you want but it is true. Someone need to say that. I think even Thanos will be destroyed by the Captain Marvel.

That’s pretty much of the era of entertainment now..everywhere, no escaping it unfortunately. Some of it is a bit ridiculous IMO, especially when I hear the actresses still complaining about equality in the film industry :lecture

Wor-Gar said:
That meme with Lando finally getting his ship back is classic though.

Yeah it is.

And hey, if anyone should own it, other than Han or Chewbacca, it should be Lando. Much better than some random like Rey. The fact that she got to pretty much own every important OT relic was BS. Hopefully Lando keeps it or Chewbacca and him go out in a blaze of glory. Not much else to do with the Falcon anyway. Every scene with it is the same.

I guess it's better than "subverting" expectations just for the sake of doing so.

True, but this is the final film in the new trilogy , you’d think they would go all out and give fans a big surprise with a new and fresh look at the SW franchise ( which still might be the case btw) but nostalgia doesn’t work anymore in this Trilogy

Yeah it is.

And hey, if anyone should own it, other than Han or Chewbacca, it should be Lando. Much better than some random like Rey. The fact that she got to pretty much own every important OT relic was BS. Hopefully Lando keeps it or Chewbacca and him go out in a blaze of glory. Not much else to do with the Falcon anyway. Every scene with it is the same.

There is one factor they never did with the Falcon..have it be destroyed, who knows what they plan in this film :dunno

You're not wrong. The SW fanbase was and still is predominantly male, same with super heroes, as the opening box office for Captain Marvel showed, 66% male. However, there's a movement to change that. Even wrestling jumped on it by having the first ever ALL female payperview show, which not only they couldn't sell out, it was also the lowest rated show, but that didn't stop them from having the first ever female main event at their biggest show last week, Wrestle Mania35. It's a trend. There's a reason SW will take a break after this film. The new characters probably don't sell as much merchandise either.

Back