Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s similar for me. I was really looking forward to seeing Rey and Finn and Poe’s story continue in 8. And really, really looking forward to seeing Luke again in 8. That excitement is pretty much all gone now and I’ll be seeing 9 out of morbid curiosity and to see if JJ can bring any real closure to the trilogy for me.

It’s sad to think that it has come to the point that many SW fans despite their reservations and opinions will go see this film just for the fact that it’s the last of the saga but not fully invested in the concept anymore.

I guess there comes a saturation point, I mean IMO the same happened with me and the Star Trek franchise of films along time ago. The magic is gone :lecture

It’s similar for me. I was really looking forward to seeing Rey and Finn and Poe’s story continue in 8. And really, really looking forward to seeing Luke again in 8. That excitement is pretty much all gone now and I’ll be seeing 9 out of morbid curiosity and to see if JJ can bring any real closure to the trilogy for me.

It'll be very interesting to see if TROS delivers and/or wins any of you back.

If it makes you feel better, think whatever you want about me. doesn't mean anything to me.

I'm not the one making rants about how bad 51% of the population is. But if you want to live in a world without women, be my guest, they probably won't miss you either.

If you can somehow get your head around the idea that women have more to offer the world than just being window dressing, or subjects in your pretend alpha Male fantasies, then you'll have come a long way and be all the better for it.

But don't rattle on about how women have ruined star wars, when the guys ruined it long before the sequel trilogy ever came to be. I'll take these movies over the prequels any day of the week.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ok, so just cause I don't like what a woman did to Star Wars (KK's agenda and intentions are very transparent) that means I "hate" 51% of the population? Hell of a leap there, but I don't blame you. You're just parroting what you've been indoctrinated with. It's not like you can actually read what I said and think for yourself, so yeah, go on spewing your rhetoric.

Ok, so just cause I don't like what a woman did to Star Wars (KK's agenda and intentions are very transparent) that means I "hate" 51% of the population? Hell of a leap there, but I don't blame you. You're just parroting what you've been indoctrinated with. It's not like you can actually read what I said and think for yourself, so yeah, go on spewing your rhetoric.

Remember who the CEO and boss of KK is however....

If you wanna blame someone blame Iger. He’s a guy also and he has a crap ton more power then KK to change what you think is happening to the franchise.

KK is not the ultimate power in the universe, Disney is a conglomerate of many males and females making these films..

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

For me, as many of it’s ups and downs in the SW film franchise has had. I will always be a fan. I like the idealism of that world that Lucas created too much.

So nothing they do, will ever make me give up on the franchise.

It’s sad to think that it has come to the point that many SW fans despite their reservations and opinions will go see this film just for the fact that it’s the last of the saga but not fully invested in the concept anymore.

I guess there comes a saturation point, I mean IMO the same happened with me and the Star Trek franchise of films along time ago. The magic is gone :lecture

I enjoyed 99% of what TFA offered. Saw it a few times in the theater and watched it multiple times on blu. TLJ kinda stripped that away for me and I haven’t really cared about the trilogy since. Didn’t see it again in the theater. Didn’t buy the blu or have any desire to see it again. It’s only because JJ and that team did, what I feel like, was such a spectacular job bringing TFA to life that I’m interested in seeing him wrap it up.

I saw TFA twice in the theater and felt it was a satisfactory start, until, like you, TLJ just took the wind out of my sails.

Now, I find TFA exceptionally boring for a Star Wars adventure... because there's so little adventure in it. Besides the Falcon chase, which is repetitive despite being shot with a modern style, and the very mediocre battle at Maz's Castle, there really isn't much action until the very end.

I hope, if nothing else, they put back the adventure into this last Star Wars movie.

I enjoyed 99% of what TFA offered. Saw it a few times in the theater and watched it multiple times on blu. TLJ kinda stripped that away for me and I haven’t really cared about the trilogy since. Didn’t see it again in the theater. Didn’t buy the blu or have any desire to see it again. It’s only because JJ and that team did, what I feel like, was such a spectacular job bringing TFA to life that I’m interested in seeing him wrap it up.

TLJ was a goose egg in the SW franchise but I still enjoyed it, much like PT for me , another disappointment but I still will support SW. I just can’t give it up and maybe I won’t rush to see the films in the theaters anymore, but I still will eventually watch each new film

But the OT will forever be my love . I mean I know every word from the OT and I own the blu Ray collection that I can view anytime and yet if it pops up on cable tv, edited and compressed, I’ll still watch it :wink1:

I saw TFA twice in the theater and felt it was a satisfactory start, until, like you, TLJ just took the wind out of my sails.

Now, I find TFA exceptionally boring for a Star Wars adventure... because there's so little adventure in it. Besides the Falcon chase, which is repetitive despite being shot with a modern style, and the very mediocre battle at Maz's Castle, there really isn't much action until the very end.

I hope, if nothing else, they put back the adventure into this last Star Wars movie.

Fair criticisms of TFA. Yeah I hope that TROS goes big with action too and doesn't just save it all for the final act.

Last edited:
Fair criticisms of TFA. Yeah I hope that RTOS goes big with action too and doesn't just save it all for the final act.

It’s a tall order just like ROTS, you have to cram all this into one film, but the luxury is they can come up with anything unlike ROTS where they had to connect the OT to the outcome of ROTS.

John Boyega may have unwittingly revealed something about TROS:

The British actor, who plays Stormtrooper-turned-hero Finn, tells USA TODAY that he didn’t even know the title until the day before. “I've got questions, man. I got questions,” Boyega says. “I thought it was going to be ‘Star Wars: Heirs to the Force.’ For some reason I just had that title in my head, that it would be something along those lines.

If he thinks that "Heirs to the Force" would've been an appropriate title, I think that might say something about the ultimate takeaway from the film. Intriguing.

Boyega goes on to say:

“This is just very specific: ‘Rise of Skywalker.’ And I don't know what it actually means. Bearing in mind that I’m a part of it, but there were certain changes to the script while we're filming and I'm not in a lot of the scenes that Rey has with Kylo Ren. So my curiosity just hit the roof.”

I'm surprised (and impressed) at how they managed to keep plot info and key outcomes from even the main actors themselves. A smart move considering that Boyega confirmed Phasma is dead (something JJ would've probably danced around) and then goes into this "Heirs to the Force" thing.

Full article here:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...weigh-the-rise-of-skywalker-title/3452790002/

I was always too wrapped up in the story to notice any lack of adventure. It just felt well balanced to me between the action, humor, character development and visuals. The only real slow part to me was the rathtar scenes.

TLJ was a goose egg in the SW franchise but I still enjoyed it, much like PT for me , another disappointment but I still will support SW. I just can’t give it up and maybe I won’t rush to see the films in the theaters anymore, but I still will eventually watch each new film

But the OT will forever be my love . I mean I know every word from the OT and I own the blu Ray collection that I can view anytime and yet if it pops up on cable tv, edited and compressed, I’ll still watch it :wink1:

Lol! That sounds like me too! I can’t help but watch at least a little bit when they’re on tv. I even recorded them on the DVR so I can have fast access to them when I want.

I wish I could say I enjoyed something well enough in TLJ to want to watch it again but it just fell absolutely flat for me. I will say this, it gave us some great looking HT figure designs. While the PT has plenty of cringe worthy moments, as a whole I can sit down and still enjoy watching them and feel they contributed well to the Star Wars story.

John Boyega may have unwittingly revealed something about TROS:

If he thinks that "Heirs to the Force" would've been an appropriate title, I think that might say something about the ultimate takeaway from the film. Intriguing.

Boyega goes on to say:

I'm surprised (and impressed) at how they managed to keep plot info and key outcomes from even the main actors themselves. A smart move considering that Boyega confirmed Phasma is dead (something JJ would've probably danced around) and then goes into this "Heirs to the Force" thing.

Full article here:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...weigh-the-rise-of-skywalker-title/3452790002/

I remember when the first shot of TFA trailer was Boyega and the last shot Finn with a lightsaber. People thought he was the new hero, the new jedi. Now, he doesn't even get a script.:lol

I was always too wrapped up in the story to notice any lack of adventure. It just felt well balanced to me between the action, humor, character development and visuals. The only real slow part to me was the rathtar scenes.

Lol! That sounds like me too! I can’t help but watch at least a little bit when they’re on tv. I even recorded them on the DVR so I can have fast access to them when I want.

I wish I could say I enjoyed something well enough in TLJ to want to watch it again but it just fell absolutely flat for me. I will say this, it gave us some great looking HT figure designs. While the PT has plenty of cringe worthy moments, as a whole I can sit down and still enjoy watching them and feel they contributed well to the Star Wars story.

IMO what made me disappointed in the PT was the acting of the main characters , it just didn’t flow well with the script and that maybe because Lucas focused more on the SFX and scenery to create the world he wanted to show but couldn’t because of technology in the OT. But I think that’s what made the OT special because the SFX and scenery was limited to today’s standards , the acting and dialogue made the OT so much memorable

Back