Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?m not including comedies and horror just what I consider to be the best action and sci-fi action movies those decades have to offer.

I?m comparing 1980-2000 and 2000-2019 (2020 just started) so 20 years for each group.

As you can see both groups are equally matched in quantity but I do think 1980-2000 has the slight edge in quality.

Still though 1980-2000 can certainly be equalled it?s not the overwhelming winner as us old farts think it is lol

1980-2000:
ESB
ROTJ
Raiders
TOD
Die Hard
Die Hard 3
Aliens
Predator
Terminator
Conan
Robocop
Road Warrior
First Blood
Commando
Top Gun
Batman 89
T2
Matrix
True Lies
Total Recall
Speed
Blade

2000-2019:
FOTR
TTT
ROTK
BB
TDK
Avengers
IW
EG
TWS
CW
Iron Man 1
Thor 1
Thor 3
Logan
Rogue One
Solo
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Olympus Has Fallen
Taken
Spiderman 2
Saving Private Ryan
Black Hawk Down
Golden Eye
Jurassic Park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
2000-2019 certainly is another windfall of great big pop movies (much like the 80's). Its funny that Jye's list is mostly 80's... I found the 90's to be pretty barren.

But once 2000 kicked in we got:
3x LOTR
3x PT Star Wars
Pirates movies
Batman movies
and of course the mighty MCU
... and a lot of bad 80's and 90's sequels

But the last 20 years has very much been like the 80's as far as action-adventure superhero movies go. Lots of good stuff.

2000-2019 certainly is another windfall of great big pop movies (much like the 80's). Its funny that Jye's list is mostly 80's... I found the 90's to be pretty barren.

3x LOTR
3x PT Star Wars
Pirates movies
Batman movies

But the last 20 years has very much been like the 80's as far as action-adventure superhero movies go. Lots of good stuff.

I could?ve added The Rock, Out for Justice, Demolition Man, Under Siege, 300 and Goldeneye for the 90s to pad it some more but then I could?ve padded out the other decades as well were would the madness stop lol

But 300 and Goldeneye those 2 should be on there so I added them since it?s my list. :lol

Last edited:
The only thing you missed was Jurassic Park.

To me th 90's were: T2.... Jurassic Park.... The Matrix.

Damn how can forget JP those 3 really define the 90s :slap

Well those 3 and TPM

:chase

I purposefully left Fury Road out of my list just to nag you lol

Last edited:

3x LOTR
3x PT Star Wars
Pirates movies
Batman movies

Most of the great 90's films were in the drama genre.

90s was pretty bland in terms of movies but then 2000s hit abd we got a slew of pop culture character movies

3x LOTR
3x PT Star Wars
Pirates movies
Batman movies

The Phantom Menace actually came out in 1999

I'm not up to date on my Titanic news. How did it sink differently?

Obviously, without actual video footage of the event it's all evidence/witness-based theory but this is the more recent one and it seems more plausible than what was in Cameron's movie.

In the film I don't think there's any listing depicted. The biggest thing though - the breaking up of the ship - it's far too visible and dramatic - with the stern going up so high and then belly-flopping back down onto the sea causing these massive waves - far more survivors would have been able to report the breakup than actually did.

It wasn't certain that the ship broke up until the wreck was found - I think if it had actually happened the way it does in Cameron's film there never would have been any doubt. So with this more recent model of the sinking I can more readily accept OK, not everyone would have seen or known that was happening - it could have been too dark or they'd rowed too far away to see it. Most potential witnesses in the water or still on the ship would have died.

Last edited:
Obviously, without actual video footage of the event it's all evidence/witness-based theory but this is the more recent one and it seems more plausible than what was in Cameron's movie.

In the film I don't think there's any listing depicted. The biggest thing though - the breaking up of the ship - it's far too visible and dramatic - with the stern going up so high and then belly-flopping back down onto the sea causing these massive waves - far more survivors would have been able to report the breakup than actually did.

It wasn't certain that the ship broke up until the wreck was found - I think if it had actually happened the way it does in Cameron's film there never would have been any doubt. So with this more recent model of the sinking I can more readily accept OK, not everyone would have seen or known that was happening - it could have been too dark or they'd rowed too far away to see it. Most potential witnesses in the water or still on the ship would have died.

So the only big difference is the two halves breaks apart faster than in the movie -- the bow portion no longer dragging the stern up so DiCaprio can stand up as it is pulled down.

Man, that must bug Cameron. He's going to go in and recut that ending, I just know it. As soon as Avatar 2 and 3 don't perform, he's going back to play with Titanic.

Back