Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't mind a Kylo Ren show...oh right, they killed him and kept the boring one alive who isn't even a Skywalker. :dunno

Now there's Disney's next series - being dead in Hollywood is a temporary inconvenience anyway, like getting stuck in a revolving door. H#ll, bring Snoke back. Or maybe one of the Snokes crawls out of his pickle jar and Kylo has to be brought back to stop him.

Wut

Raiders > TOD

Always will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have bolded what I did not like.. Mine Car chase going full retard.. Shut your mouth.

Yes ROTLA will always be better then TOD.

But TOD will always be better then TLC and of course KOTCS

Mine car chase was so great the TLC basically copied it with the motor bike chase... But not nearly as good.

Should have bolded what I did not like.. Mine Car chase going full retard.. Shut your mouth.

Mine car chase was so great the TLC basically copied it with the motor bike chase... But not nearly as good.

The mine car chase was so cool. :D

8iMNRki.gif

Guardians of the Galaxy was also a film nobody asked for... and it was a huge hit. Part of that success was that it came on the heels of a great and popular franchise.

Yeah, but you'll have to consider that the MCU by that time was doing great. It came during Phase 2, when people were hyped from the continuing stories from AA, and the incoming AoU. Also, GotG came out to great reviews and word of mouth. I don't think Solo ever had that (at best, the reception was lukewarm).

Not the case with Solo, if fact, the opposite. Had TLJ been a great Star Wars movie (in the traditional sense) Solo likely would have faired much better.

I doubt that, simply because Solo was never going to be a story that would have added to the ST storyline. The people who would have been most interested in Solo would have been SW fans. They already knew some of Solo's backstory. This was a character that was already dead, and would have little to no effect to the current stories. At least, that was my rationale for not seeing it myself. I thought of it as a waste of time.

That said, I do agree that Star Wars is a tired franchise. Its been around a long time and recently been exploited to the hilt without much success -- meaning without one truly great movie (as much as I love RO, I wouldn't say its a great movie).

Star Wars needs to go away for 10 years... and when it returns, it needs total new and fresh blood behind it. And not just someone familiar with the old stories, but someone who can extrapolate new ideas from the old 'canon'.

I don't think it needs to completely go away. Staying on TV might be good. Or they can build up to a story that is from a different era of that universe (either way back in the past, or in the future).

A big part of Solo not doing well was the actor didn't really look like a young Harrison Ford, also the movie should have just been about Solo but Kennedy made sure that the story was just as much about Emilia Clarke character Qi'ra, the whole ending was about Qi'ra making Solo feel like a secondary character... And that fem-bot was more annoying then Jar-Jar Binks...

What Star Wars needs are good writers and someone to run LucasArts who actually has a love for Star Wars...

I?m due for a TOD rewatch it?s been years.

I?m fast forwarding thru 45% of it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The first Indiana Jones film that I ever really ''anticipated'' was KOTCS - aaand guess what, it was a let-down.

Temple of Doom didn't let me down because, for me, it (and Raiders obviously) were always there as far as I was concerned because I was only born in '82. I don't think I even knew a third one was coming out in 1989. I still wasn't old enough to eagerly anticipate a movie unless it was Turtles or He-Man or Batman. So in a sense The Last Crusade was also 'always there' - I wasn't in a position to be disappointed by it.

So that'll be why I put the Indy OT on pretty much equal footing with eachother (blasphemously I know) whereas KOTCS is a separate thing for me. Although, I've watched it a few times since the cinema and it improved.

All so true. I got to grow up watching stuff like Star Wars, Back to the Future, Terminator, Goonies, Ghostbusters, etc. I think I just assumed that films with all that quality, imagination, and magic would continue being made forever...

I don't remember ever anticipating a film as an adult or a teen. Maybe TPM, but only because it was the return of SW. After that, the next big films that I anticipated were Matrix Reloaded and Hulk. G-Zeus. :lol

I don't remember ever anticipating a film as an adult or a teen. Maybe TPM, but only because it was the return of SW. After that, the next big films that I anticipated were Matrix Reloaded and Hulk. G-Zeus. :lol

For some reason I was once very optimistic about Disney Star Wars and the return of Hamill, Ford, and Carrie. Nothing new ever really grabs my attention like "I can't wait to see that". Usually the studios can't even cut an exciting trailer anymore. WTF am I supposed to get excited about now, Top Gun 2???

Back