Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I suppose that was already somewhat alluded to in TLJ.

aspects-of-this-big-shot-of-leia-were-done-practically-others-were-not.gif

I guess JJ didn’t undo everything from TLJ. :lol

Cringe. :lol

Leia should have flown in and slapped her son's face.

Why do you not want people to go see it in theaters?

So the current Lucasfilm regime is handed their walking papers. You can't expect things to dramatically improve until you get rid of the likes of Kennedy and Johnson and their future employment possibly hinges on the financial success or failure of this film.

So the current Lucasfilm regime is handed their walking papers. You can't expect things to dramatically improve until you get rid of the likes of Kennedy and Johnson and their future employment possibly hinges on the financial success or failure of this film.

Ok, so then don’t go see it.

I find TFA boring and nearly unwatchable... not that it isn't smartly packaged... its just boring.

So here's the real kicker; after thinking about it, I think for me TROS is the "best" of the ST. :lol

I know that's weird, but since I hate TLJ and I find TFA too boring to watch, that leaves TROS by default. At least it moves fast and has a sense of direction from the get-go. There's a goal -- which the other two movies never had. I think over time it may be the most re-watchable ST. But being best by default is NOT saying this is a good Star Wars movie... but the best of the worst.

As far as Alien and Predator (and Terminator).... time for some new monsters. That old 80's Trinity of Modern Monsters has now become the 2nd generation of old Universal Monsters and played out. The Abbott and Costello meets Frankenstein was accomplished with Alien vs Predator.

I'm wondering, can this just be a Duology with TFA and then TROS without needing to see TLJ to make sense of it all?
Haven't seen TROS and probably won't until it ends up on TNT, but from all the leaks I read/heard it seems to me that you can erase the memory of TLJ and still have a decent "coherent" story from just the Abrams SW films. Forget TLJ.

Except Luke goes from being Alive at the end of TFA to being a Force Ghost in TROS

I personally liked the Luke and Rey Ahch-To scenes, and then the ending with Luke. So that alone can be the bridge between the two films for me on why Luke is a FG in TRoS. Everything else in TLJ I disregard. Holdo for instance, never existed for me. Nor did Rose or DJ, etc.

Everything else in TLJ I disregard. Holdo for instance, never existed for me. Nor did Rose or DJ, etc.

Selective reality.

And people don't think the world will be sucked into VR in the future? The Matrix will be real, but MAN made. Fox has already proved that 38% of the population of the US can exist in a bubble.

Except Luke goes from being Alive at the end of TFA to being a Force Ghost in TROS
I'm sure someone will make a sequel trilogy edit which will make all of this make sense in about a 1 or 2 hour window.

There would be a ton I would cut out including all of the phasma scenes, space leia, ships running out of fuel, nearly all of roses scenes, Poes I'll hold scene, kylo breaking and later repairing his helmet...which to me pretty much sums up the state of star wars films for disney really.

It would seem so, right?

All day our local KTLA 5 has been saying how TROS sold out in 5 minutes... but I could buy seats right now if I wanted. There's plenty. Liars, all. :lol

Selective reality.

And people don't think the world will be sucked into VR in the future? The Matrix will be real, but MAN made. Fox has already proved that 38% of the population of the US can exist in a bubble.

Of course it will be real, except people are already under mind control.

Rey goes to see Luke, Luke trains her and then died at some point between the TFA and TROS. Rey is introduced still training at the beginning of TROS. Snoke was only seen as a hologram in TFA, the next we see of him he's one of many Snoke clones in a jar, it was Palpatine puppeteering the Snoke Clone in TFA.
I think it kinda works.

Rey goes to see Luke, Luke trains her and then died at some point between the TFA and TROS. Rey is introduced still training at the beginning of TROS. Snoke was only seen as a hologram in TFA, the next we see of him he's one of many Snoke clones in a jar, it was Palpatine puppeteering the Snoke Clone in TFA.
I think it kinda works.

giphy.gif

Back