Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode IX - December 20, 2019

Once again the blame for another OT character making their return, this time bloated Lando, is being directed at the wrong group of people.

To all those complaining please look in the mirror and then at a photo of Lucas to see who are really responsible for the return of OT characters way after their prime.

I’m guilty as charged right alongside you.

Yes to everything Wor said but then also accept you’re responsible for OT being shoved down our throats after the debacle known as the PT.

Question: How does one UNRAPE A CHILDHOOD?

Answer: Bring back bloated OT actors and build Starkiler base with a continuation of the Rebel vs Empire story line ROTJ victory be damned.

So yeah go ahead keep blaming the killer of masculinity Kennedy and conveniently walk by your mirrors i’ll just go enjoy Lando one last time while accepting blame for him being there in the first place.

Truth hurts doesn’t it lol

Now be good little kiddies and take your medicine. :lol

Come at me crows....

Wait....

Meanwhile somewhere on Sidesho...Uh...Collector Freaks:

Comic-Book-Guy.png
:monkey3

Yes to everything Wor said but then also accept you’re responsible for OT being shoved down our throats ....

Wait -- I never asked for this. I always said having Han, Leia and Luke return was a bad idea. I was never one of those "cried at the trailer" people -- I was embarrassed for all involved.

The only time I cried was when the news broke that Lucas was selling Star Wars to Disney. That's the only time. Because I feared what would come. To my surprise, I got Rogue One out of the deal. But I would happily trade it back if all the other junk just went away and we had no new Star Wars stuff and were still all happily complaining about the PT.

I was looking forward to Jett Lucas raping my childhood when he took over the reins. You know, "The Further Adventures of Papanoida" and stuff like that.

Wait -- I never asked for this. I always said having Han, Leia and Luke return was a bad idea. I was never one of those "cried at the trailer" people -- I was embarrassed for all involved.

The only time I cried was when the news broke that Lucas was selling Star Wars to Disney. That's the only time. Because I feared what would come. To my surprise, I got Rogue One out of the deal. But I would happily trade it back if all the other junk just went away and we had no new Star Wars stuff and were still all happily complaining about the PT.

I was looking forward to Jett Lucas raping my childhood when he took over the reins. You know, "The Further Adventures of Papanoida" and stuff like that.

Well maybe you didn’t ask for it but the course of action it took was its only natural conclusion.

The brand is a money printing machine or at least it was before Solo therefore after the severe backlash Lucas received over the PT he went and took that money making machine and left Disney with no choice but to bring back bloated OT characters.

How severe was that raped my childhood backlash?

Go ask Jake Lloyd.

A CHILD was made SUICIDAL!

Let me say that again, a child driven to drugs and suicidal thoughts good job Lucas you a hole lol yay Star Wars.

Go ask Ahmed Best who has just now come forward with his suicidal thoughts all related to the backlash.

Sure they all signed on to the glory of SW but seriously who wouldn’t have in 97/98.

Anyways hopefully Lando/Falcon get a nice bloated death lol

Last edited:

Go ask Ahmed Best who has just now come forward with his suicidal thoughts all related to the backlash.

Holy crap, I just googled it after reading your post and you're totally right. How sad.

1990's George Lucas: D*ck Jones
Ahmed Best and Jake Lloyd: Mr. Kinney

It actually hurts to watch TPM doc on the dvd because you see Jake and family pre filming and they’re so very very HAPPY to be a part of the biggest movie in history!

Ouch.

Little did Jake know at the time that his parents were only following King Paimon’s orders.

Yes little Jake stick your head out the window just for a quick second to breath some of that fresh SW air don’t worry son you’ll be just fine.

Wait, isn’t Jake’s grandmother holding an embroidery rug in that doc in the kitchen where they’re celebrating his hiring! :horror :panic:

Last edited:

The whole Rose thing with Finn- seemed like filler to me that could have been cut- it was the worst part of a movie that I enjoyed(ouch did I say that?:lol)

The whole Rose thing with Finn- seemed like filler to me that could have been cut- it was the worst part of a movie that I enjoyed(ouch did I say that?:lol)

Yeah I've come to the determination that absolutely nothing would have been lost by eliminating the entire Canto Bight sequence. Cutting back and forth between just Ach-To and the fleet would have allowed for a much tighter narrative. Johnson could have even just had DJ be some guy on Leia's ship that they recruited and then snuck out and flew directly to Snoke's ship in order to keep the Phasma sequence. Maybe instead of DJ turning on them the FO tortures him until he talks and gives away the fleet or something.

Or hell just make the FO competent and not have them be told about the transports and they just figure it out on their own with long range optics or patrolling fighters or what have you.

Yeah I've come to the determination that absolutely nothing would have been lost by eliminating the entire Canto Bight sequence. Cutting back and forth between just Ach-To and the fleet would have allowed for a much tighter narrative. Johnson could have even just had DJ be some guy on Leia's ship that they recruited and then snuck out and flew directly to Snoke's ship in order to keep the Phasma sequence. Maybe instead of DJ turning on them the FO tortures him until he talks and gives away the fleet or something.

Or hell just make the FO competent and not have them be told about the transports and they just figure it out on their own with long range optics or patrolling fighters or what have you.

I think you might be venturing into dangerous territory there, Khev! Like saying Indy's role in the Raiders of the Lost Ark plot served no purpose since the Ark ended up killing all the Nazis anyway and never ended up in their possession!

Sure, we can all debate about cutting scenes or subplots to make a movie streamlined. But I believe it all adds to the larger picture. I remember Siskel or Ebert praising the subplot in Fargo about the chief''s old friend that meets her for dinner and ends up crying about being lonely. They loved the fact that it had nothing to do with the main plot but served to add color to the larger narrative.

Personally I liked Rose fine. I liked her moxy and thought it was interesting to have a simple mechanic step up take a larger role in the SW saga. Kinda like a simple farmer rising to become the hero of the Rebellion (that is, until he became a coward, ran away to hide and humiliated himself by drinking sea cow milk on a remote island ;))

I think you might be venturing into dangerous territory there, Khev! Like saying Indy's role in the Raiders of the Lost Ark plot served no purpose since the Ark ended up killing all the Nazis anyway and never ended up in their possession!

But that claim about Indy not impacting the story has been bogus from Day 1! The Nazis never would have found the Ark without him! They followed him to Marion's bar, got half of the headpiece, then had to follow him again to the correct dig site. No Indy = No Nazis killing themselves. :lecture ;)

Interesting point about Fargo though. I would argue that Frances McDormand's pit stop dinner with the other guy still felt very "Fargo" though. It's not like she paused the investigation to go off and do some things that felt like they were better suited for a Harry Potter film or something. :D

But that claim about Indy not impacting the story has been bogus from Day 1! The Nazis never would have found the Ark without him! They followed him to Marion's bar, got half of the headpiece, then had to follow him again to the correct dig site. No Indy = No Nazis killing themselves. :lecture ;)

Interesting point about Fargo though. I would argue that Frances McDormand's pit stop dinner with the other guy still felt very "Fargo" though. It's not like she paused the investigation to go off and do some things that felt like they were better suited for a Harry Potter film or something. :D

Not that I condone this kind of talk since Raiders is my all time favorite movie, but yes, the Nazis would have gotten the Ark eventually. They had zeroed in on Abner and would have found Marion soon and gotten the full headpiece. The only thing Indy did was delay things a bit by making them only get half the headpiece and making them dig in the wrong place for a while.

Ugh! I should never have brought up that whole Raiders thing! I hate talking bad about my favorite movie! :(

(OTOH, I can argue that the movie is about Indy's growth as a character and saving Marion from a miserable life and not so much about the Ark itself! Or perhaps it's about Indy taking out an entire battalion of Nazis through the power of the Ark!)

Good luck to you JJ. I hope you can undo most of the damage done from EP8. I know the movie that transpired was not your plan, God speed!

I agree of course; that's a silly argument. Plus, no Indy, and the ark would be with Hitler -- its original destination on the wing before the villains got sidetracked with a submarine -- and Hitler likely wouldn't have just opened it up without "testing" it first, so the ark would be in the Nazis warehouse instead of the Americans.

:lol :lol

46.png

tmp_1k627H_4e8cf868a700cd77_MCDHERE_EC082.jpg

"BB-8 are you okay back there? BB-8?"

Oh man that actually works lol

Angry fans can sue me because i’m excited for the first IX trailer and I would ONLY BE LYING TOO MYSELF if I said I wasn’t going to be at the FIRST showing for this movie.

Maybe JJ will do to Rose what Lucas did to JarJar after TPM. :lol

Man I hope the forum bosses let Alex “crows” Jones back I miss sparring with her/him.

crows had some great posts I hope whatever it was he/her did wasn’t too over the top outrageous that would be sad.

Where is Evilface i’m worried lol

Last edited:
Back