Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones 15th anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
karamazov80 said:
And I thought we were on the same page with Star Wars. I WAS WRONG! SO WRONG!!!!!!!

5d4f69c9-3bc4-457f-933b-00dece9e3407_text.gif

By the way, did you see the newly released, deleted scene from Rogue One? Really adds a lot more of that Rogue One-type insight into Vader that the fans must know about to fully appreciate this character.

What would you think if they said that Nicholson or Ledger Joker simply wore face paint and purple suits because that's *exactly* what his dad wore? All the weird Joker guns and schemes were his dad's too. Oh and whoever played his dad then dubbed over all of Jack or Heath's lines. I know, I know you wouldn't care because all movies suck or whatever but deep down, you know I'm right. :lecture

By the way, did you see the newly released, deleted scene from Rogue One? Really adds a lot more of that Rogue One-type insight into Vader that the fans must know about to fully appreciate this character.

Did you see the extended Wolverine battle from DOFP? It really ties up a lot of loose ends nicely:

con·trar·i·an
kənˈtre(ə)rēən/Submit
noun
a person who opposes or rejects the notion that Darth Vader was awesome in Rogue One.
adjective
opposing or rejecting popular opinion; going against current practice.
"the X-Men: Apocalypse fan's claim came more from a contrarian disposition than moral conviction."

Boba Fett is nowhere near as close to my heart as the Joker, so that's not an argument. :lol

As a kid I loved Boba Fett, mostly because of the toyetic visual of him. His death in ROTJ was one of the biggest disappointments for me though and just one of the many reasons I think ROTJ is weak. But I was never enamored by the character like I was with Vader, Luke, Han, etc. In fact, it wasn't until around Attack of the Clones and the internet that I learned that there was such a following for him. He's overhyped and overrated.

Yeah, yeah, and keep going on about the voice. I grew out of that. In the mid-90s I made a homemade Halloween costume of Boba Fett with a little sewing kit recorder that I placed in the right breast plate where his logo was. I recorded his lines of dialogue on the recorder from the VHS "one last time" set so I could press it the right side of my chest and "speak" those lines. "He's no good to me dead" was my favorite line. When I bought the OT DVD set, nobody hated the change more than me. Then when toy companies started putting Jango's mug underneath all the Boba figures, I was pissed. That was 13 years ago though. If I want to hear the original voice, I can make a YouTube tab right now and hear it and relive my childhood memories of finding his figure at a flea market or paying out the ass for the POTF2 "circle glove" variant of him.

Boba Fett isn't that great though, even without Jango. He has a few cool moments in Empire and that's it. Being a clone is the best thing that happened to him when you compare how he was handled in Return of the Jedi and all the lame Expanded universe crap he was in. Even his very first appearance as a cartoon is utter ****. :lol I once thought as you do "should have just made Jango, Boba in AOTC", but 1. Boba would still suck by the end of ROTJ and 2. technically Boba Fett is Jango Fett. It's the same dude.

The ideas and adventures I had for the character as a kid were way better than anything anyone else has come up with for him on film or page. I don't think Lucas slaughtered some sacred cow by making Boba Fett a clone of a bounty hunter named Jango Fett. That character was already ruined when he was hanging out at Jabba's palace for no reason and fell into a killer vag in the middle of the desert. If anything, the clone thing is an improvement and Jango is an arguably cooler name (along with the cooler dual wielding pistols). For you see, Boba Fett was never about substance, only style. He alerts the Empire about Han, gets to take him to Jabba the Hutt, and that's about it. That's where his "character" ends. Jango has and does more. Is working with the bounty hunter chick and poison slugs thing stupid? Oh yeah, it's bad. But taking multiple Jedi head on (and winning or breaking even in each encounter), fighting aliens beasts and having the closest thing to immortality and a legacy through an army and "son" that look just like you is arguably cooler.

I'll always prefer Boba for nostalgia reasons and even disregard Jango, but let's not kid ourselves. Boba Fett isn't any better of a character. Nothing about him was "ruined", unless you're still 8.

I know Jango looks cool (obviously since they just copied Boba) but I probably consider him the worst character in all of SW. Worse than Ben Quadinaros, Kitster, Jar Jar, etc.

Worse than Dexter Jettster? Worse than Elan Sleazebaggano?

tumblr_m8x15e4s7s1rvjt2vo1_500.gif

Actually that video in the original post manages to capture the exact second Temuera Morrison thinks, "What the hell am I doing here?" There are many such moments in the prequels (much as I like them).

And speaking of Boba's age, I only recently discovered he was supposed to have his revenge on Mace in ROTS but Lucas decided he was still too young to take out a Jedi Master.

Also, now that OT Stormtroopers have been retconned into regular conscripts rather than clones, it makes the humorous "Jango bangs his head" moment rather pointless.

I agree that Boba was all about style, and mysteriousness. He added nice texture to Empire and Jedi. And of course, Django was treated more seriously. But Boba's still the man, and Django is lame to me.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Tony, with the amount of dissertations you write for the forum, you could have written a full book by now.

You should write a book about Star Wars and its impact, or lack thereof. You could call it: The Impact of an Echo.

I see chapters on how Darth Vader is actually right; the futility of the galaxy's best bounty hunter; why Leia isn't a Mary Sue; how Wedge screwed the Rebellion; the droids as the movie's first gay couple; and a final chapter on how the Joker is a more iconic villain than Darth Vader.

This could be a coffee table book I would buy.

I agree that Boba was all about style, and mysteriousness. He added nice texture to Empire and Jedi. And of course, Django was treated more seriously. But Boba's still the man, and Django is lame to me.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The Fetts are lame, period.

Really, the only two characters that got to keep their dignity by not being ruined in sequels and prequels was of course Lando Calrissian and none other than Walter Donovan himself, General Veers.

In Lando's case, I'm sure that will change with A Han Solo Story. :lol

Tony, with the amount of dissertations you write for the forum, you could have written a full book by now.

You should write a book about Star Wars and its impact, or lack thereof. You could call it: The Impact of an Echo.

I see chapters on how Darth Vader is actually right; the futility of the galaxy's best bounty hunter; why Leia isn't a Mary Sue; how Wedge screwed the Rebellion; the droids as the movie's first gay couple; and a final chapter on how the Joker is a more iconic villain than Darth Vader.

This could be a coffee table book I would buy.

I'll ghost write, you can take all the credit.

We'll have to get SNIKT to write the gray chapter, I don't know jack **** about that.

Boba Fett is nowhere near as close to my heart as the Joker :lol

Exactly. Which is why I put the scenario in "Batman terms" for you to help you better understand why I didn't like Jango. Did you really not get that? :cuckoo:

I don't buy any of your assessments of Jango or Boba. Boba had a bad day in ROTJ which led to a lame death. He still retained all of his mystique and badassedness that led to that moment. And yes, prior to then he did have a lot of mystique and yes, prior to then he was a badass. I don't care if you walked around in broad daylight wearing a homemade Boba Fett costume, it still sounds like you never really got the character. In 3rd grade I went trick-or-treating in a Zorro costume and you know what? I don't know **** about him. :lol

Jango's victories were against lame opponents (and yes Obi-Wan was indeed lame in AOTC), but Boba outsmarted the most slippery smuggler in the galaxy and gave **** to ESB Vader, the pinnacle of cinematic villians, and lived to tell the tale. Jango will never, ever, ever be remotely as cool as Boba and for Lucas to just arbitrarily give Jango credit for the entirety of what made Boba an icon as a way of "forcing" coolness onto Jango? And then going the extra mile to retroactively bring Boba down to Jango's level with the voice change? Possibly the worst of all of George's post 1983 decisions. I easily stand by that.

But this is all just academics at this point. I no longer have heat on the subject. I don't need to YouTube Boba's original voice, I simply hear it every time he speaks when I watch the Harmy blu-rays. Ain't no Jango clones in my OT.

Worse than Dexter Jettster? Worse than Elan Sleazebaggano?

tumblr_m8x15e4s7s1rvjt2vo1_500.gif

I'd say that Jango is worse than them, yes. Those other fellows are lame in and of themselves but they didn't taint any classic icons.

Also, now that OT Stormtroopers have been retconned into regular conscripts rather than clones, it makes the humorous "Jango bangs his head" moment rather pointless.

Well OT Troopers were never all clones of the same guy, that much is sure. Just look at any scene where there's a group of them standing together, Lucas obviously didn't even try to find extras that were remotely the same height.

Boba Fett is nowhere near as close to my heart as the Joker, so that's not an argument. :lol

As a kid I loved Boba Fett, mostly because of the toyetic visual of him. His death in ROTJ was one of the biggest disappointments for me though and just one of the many reasons I think ROTJ is weak. But I was never enamored by the character like I was with Vader, Luke, Han, etc. In fact, it wasn't until around Attack of the Clones and the internet that I learned that there was such a following for him. He's overhyped and overrated.

:exactly:

Boba Fett isn't that great though, even without Jango. He has a few cool moments in Empire and that's it. Being a clone is the best thing that happened to him when you compare how he was handled in Return of the Jedi and all the lame Expanded universe crap he was in. Even his very first appearance as a cartoon is utter ****. :lol I once thought as you do "should have just made Jango, Boba in AOTC", but 1. Boba would still suck by the end of ROTJ and 2. technically Boba Fett is Jango Fett. It's the same dude.

Jango will never, ever, ever be remotely as cool as Boba and for Lucas to just arbitrarily give Jango credit for the entirety of what made Boba an icon as a way of "forcing" coolness onto Jango? And then going the extra mile to retroactively bring Boba down to Jango's level with the voice change? Possibly the worst of all of George's post 1983 decisions. I easily stand by that.

I agree with both posts :lol

Boba Fett looked cool standing around and had a lame death. Jango's fighting was also cool and better than anything Boba did in the OT, but Jango will always be a cosplayer and a cheap homage to the original character.

Harmy, Harmy, Harmy, you're an old broken record Khev, a dinosaur infatuated with a relic from the past. Sometimes you gotta grow up.

I'm sure some kid that saw AOTC who is an adult now could describe Jango with as much zeal as you just described Boba. I have no desire to do so because neither character does much for me than look cool on one of my shelves. That's the extent of them. I outgrew "the mystique of Boba Fett" a looooong time ago.

If this still gets the old nostalgia rush goin' for ya,

IMG_7209.jpg

More power to you.

:lol

That is just the worst death imaginable for what should have been a showcase for a kick-ass commando villain. Complete with Wile E Coyote rocket sound effect, silly scream, a good ol' "clunk" on the iron door, forced tumbling down the sand (meaning bad stunt 'acting'), and then the cherry on top: a resounding belch. Only a fart would be more insulting, but Lucas couldn't sell Sarlaac's if parents thought it was a butt-hole.

I mean, if you sat around the table with 20 of your friends and tried to make an asinine death, it wouldn't be as pitch perfect as Lucas' idiotic version.

That is just the worst death imaginable for what should have been a showcase for a kick-ass commando villain. Complete with Wile E Coyote rocket sound effect, silly scream, a good ol' "clunk" on the iron door, forced tumbling down the sand (meaning bad stunt 'acting'), and then the cherry on top: a resounding belch. Is there anything more insulting than a belch? A fart maybe? Don't give Disney the idea.

I mean, if you sat around the table with 20 of your friends and tried to make an asinine death, it wouldn't be as pitch perfect as Lucas' idiotic version.

Y-you don't understand the c-character, Wor. He's above you in the Star Wars lore! A-atleast Jango didn't redub that scream! I'lll always have Harmy's original Return of the Jedi where Boba falls into a snatch instead of getting eaten by a CGI ****worm!

Oh, and can we atleast all agree that this was the best looking version of Fett?

IMG_7626.JPG
IMG_7627.JPG
IMG_7628.JPG
IMG_7629.JPG

I'll never understand why they made him look so dull in Empire, especially that crappy looking jet pack that he doesn't even use. I want my mustard colored gauntlet damn it.

It also sucks that they made Jango blue and silver instead of all white. I guess it makes sense since Boba's armor has silver underneath the worn, damaged paint, but I dunno. That purple jump suit is stupid. Shoulda made him all white.

Last edited:

That is just the worst death imaginable for what should have been a showcase for a kick-ass commando villain. Complete with Wile E Coyote rocket sound effect, silly scream, a good ol' "clunk" on the iron door, forced tumbling down the sand (meaning bad stunt 'acting'), and then the cherry on top: a resounding belch. Only a fart would be more insulting, but Lucas couldn't sell Sarlaac's if parents thought it was a butt-hole.

At least Lucas gave Jango a more dignified death.

At least Lucas gave Jango a more dignified death.

The head should have fallen out of the helmet tho.

Some of you guys take this **** way too seriously :lol

It really happened, this is serious. That's why we debate the canon, because this is history bro. Why else do you think they have that "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away" reminder before each movie?

Back