Star Wars Celebration V Freaks Party Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you add me to the list? Thanks to the 501st Legion Mixer being on Friday night, I can make it. It'll just be me, as my wife has no interest in attending.... and that's a good thing for everyone. All you would hear is her disdain about a few head sculpts, the fabric for the Senatorial Leia dress and the color of Smuggler Han's shirt.

Sounds like a keeper. :p

Awesome! Can't wait to meet ya.

Can you add me to the list? Thanks to the 501st Legion Mixer being on Friday night, I can make it. It'll just be me, as my wife has no interest in attending.... and that's a good thing for everyone. All you would hear is her disdain about a few head sculpts, the fabric for the Senatorial Leia dress and the color of Smuggler Han's shirt.

You've been added.

I guess there is another reason to not do this on Friday since I SHOULD be attending the 501st Mixer. :)

I went to Orlando last night (it's 1.5 hr drive) and did some reconing....saw some places ...spoke with some people etc.

There's more work than I expected and it would really ease my mind if the people on the list can post if they are truely interested in coming....so that I can have a set amount of people when I talk to the booking agents.

The reason why we're booking a place as opposed to just meeting up at a bar, is becuz our group is to big and requires reservations. Also, like I mentioned before, we're trying to find a place thats close to the conventions centers since most of us are going to be in hotels around the area.

Just to give u guys a little update. We got 3-4 places in our minds.
With an estimate of 40 people...we're looking at the price to be around 40-45 bucks per person so that we can pay off the venue, service fee, tax fees, food, drinks etc, for 2 to 3hrs(these prices are not set in stone...so please don't chew me off). If everything plays out right, i'm thinking that the more people that come the cheaper it will be...but like I said, Shropt and I are still in negotiations.

This is absolutely non profit and it for all of us and this is not sponsored by anyone...So we need as much cooperation and updates as possible.

I just wanted to post this out there, (maybe I'm saying to much and it will come back to bite me:lol)...so that you all can see what me and Shropt are dealing with.

I hope everything plays out awesomely and we'll have one of the best nights ever!!

If all else fails...we'll just have to crash some other forums party! :rock

HA. Now you know what I go through every year...

But if you want suggestions, I'm happy to advise, even though I won't be there.

HA. Now you know what I go through every year...

But if you want suggestions, I'm happy to advise, even though I won't be there.

Thanks for your help so far and we would REALLY appreciate anything else you can do.

This is definately hard, but after a little break from the planning (company in town and now new crazyness at work) I think I have a few new ideas. :naughty

More to come.

Thanks for your help so far and we would REALLY appreciate anything else you can do.

This is definately hard, but after a little break from the planning (company in town and now new crazyness at work) I think I have a few new ideas. :naughty

More to come.

:chew to you and Bam for doing this work. so we can play

I wish I could. However the tax man has taken all my money. No way I can do Celebration and SDCC.

I has a sad now :(

Sorry to hear that buddy. Hopefully I get to meet you at next years SDCC!!

And thanx Swabbie and Avfin for the motivation!!! I'll call Shropty tonight to see what he's got up his sleeve.

Back