Star Wars Celebration 2022 Sideshow Booth Exclusives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would take a new Clone variant. They’re always welcome additions. Fives would be cool, but I would also take another from whatever battalion.

A Bespin Escape Leia would be a home run.
She would fit in well with the Bespin Luke and Lando.
Easy money maker plus relatively bare bones.
Although a Clone would be the easier way,I feel that would be going the SSC route when they were producing figures,Clone after Clone.

Personally I don’t care that much about Bespin Escape Leia. It’s only a slightly different look than her Hoth look really.

Personally I don’t care that much about Bespin Escape Leia. It’s only a slightly different look than her Hoth look really.
I think that’s the point, people who missed Bespin Leia get another chance and people like me and others who have her already can have yet another Leia variant. From all the Leias I have she makes up maybe 1/10 of my collection.

Armorer.
T’Chaka
Amy Hill
Maria Hill
Coulson?
Ghost Rider
Some IM Marks too.

Some that I can remember. Could be missing some more that weren’t Variants but new characters.
img_2723.gif

The only con exclusive that was a true con only exclusive was that Endgame Captain America released a few years ago right? Then later on came the real, more accurate figure. I can't see them doing a sculpt unless the figure will be released later again like that; and/or a trooper variant that won't be crazy packed with stuff.

Armorer.
T’Chaka
Amy Hill
Maria Hill
Coulson?
Ghost Rider
Some IM Marks too.

Some that I can remember. Could be missing some more that weren’t Variants but new characters.

I believe @dukefett was asking if the D23 Cap was the only release exclusively available at a convention and not online. Not that it mattered since the main figure was better so it was kind of an ultimately pointless exclusive (to which you can add the SDCC 2019 Advanced Release Sith Trooper).

The Toy Fair/con exclusives are generally available online at Sideshow without much difficulty, like the figures you listed. Coulson was a regular release.

Toy Fair exclusives are exclusives in name only if you’re able to buy/don’t mind buying from Sideshow (or equivalent). Which is a very good thing, of course. Hot Toys figures strictly exclusive to conventions only would be terrible.

We also have enough speculators, flippers, and pseudo investment guru types in the hobby; certainly don’t need to throw in convention exclusive scalpers opportunists vultures enthusiasts into the mix. :lol

Last edited:
I believe @dukefett was asking if the D23 Cap was the only release exclusively available at a convention and not online. Not that it mattered since the main figure was better so it was kind of an ultimately pointless exclusive (to which you can add the SDCC 2019 Advanced Release Sith Trooper).

The Toy Fair/con exclusives are generally available online at Sideshow without much difficulty, like the figures you listed. Coulson was a regular release.

Toy Fair exclusives are exclusives in name only if you’re able to buy/don’t mind buying from Sideshow (or equivalent). Which is a very good thing, of course. Hot Toys figures strictly exclusive to conventions only would be terrible.

We also have enough speculators, flippers, and pseudo investment guru types in the hobby; certainly don’t need to throw in convention exclusive scalpers opportunists vultures enthusiasts into the mix. :lol

Yeah that's exactly what I meant. They're not going to go out of their way to make something very unique and only sell it at the Con. Cause otherwise there's nothing to worry about in being able to buy it.

While I would definitely get a Padme figure, and probably a Mace Windu, I hope there's more in the works for May 4th than just Attack of the Clones (especially the clones). I want more OT and Mando figures. I know I'm probably the only one, but I would love a Peli Motto figure.

Really starting to think about just picking up those old Sideshow PT Jedi at this point and doing a body swap on them. The Plo Koon and Ki-Adi Mundi both look quite good to me. Making that Aayla Secura look good might be a bit more challenging (requiring a full Phicen body swap and all over re-paint). You just get sick of waiting for Hot Toys, who'd much rather spend their time making troopers and easy re-paints. They've definitely been Hasbroing it a bit during covid.
Those Sideshow Jedi are really quite acceptable in the right context.
Next to Hot Toys, they’re gonna be outclassed and appear as the inferior products they are- but, stick em all together, obscure the weak points and they’ll fill that empty Jedi council void nicely.
8BCF7126-D66A-4F33-9CF3-C5998A2C9263.jpeg

Not sure if I’d bother upgrading anyone but Mace now. He’s in the AotC display with HT Yoda and Dooku- and yes, he looks pretty iffy in comparison.

According to Justin's review, we should be able to adapt Din's HS on this. Neck connector is removable and a standard connector is hidden beneath.

Back