Media Star Wars BattleFront

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think they need to to that. But the cool thing that was in the early versions of Battlefront 3 was that you could take a spaceship on the ground and fly into space for a space battle, the problem was that when they had to start making it work on consoles it was very difficult. From what I've heard, they're trying to implement that in this as well.

that'd be cool..... I'd love if you could have really long battles on the ground and then just run to an X-wing or TIE and move to a space battle almost seamlessly, and I'm really looking forward to some riveting trade negotiations :monkey3

I don't think they need to to that. But the cool thing that was in the early versions of Battlefront 3 was that you could take a spaceship on the ground and fly into space for a space battle, the problem was that when they had to start making it work on consoles it was very difficult. From what I've heard, they're trying to implement that in this as well.

Yeah, that tech demo was amazing at the time. you'd hope they can keep the ground to space transition in the game as it really would be something quite special. This is the kind of scenario where it would be nice if the developers would do it in a way that makes more sense.... Make it as good as it can be for the PC first, and then go backwards and just make as much as it as possible work on the consoles. Makes no sense that they seem to do it the other way around and limit the games potential.

Oh no. :(

Thanks DV.

I know it sucks if all you have is a PS3 and I do feel your pain. But that is the nature of things when you choose to game on consoles that are non modular and have generations. That gen had a stupidly long run anyway so didn't do badly at all. I for one am very happy they aren't limiting this by trying to make it run on 9 year old Hardware that was frankly out of date when it first released. This game needs to be a show stopper, EA need it to be and we as customers need it to be. It needs to be as good as it can be and that will already be difficult enough to do on the "next gen" consoles.

Yeah, I understand all that I guess, but while I've been in & out of gaming all my life really, I only got myself a PS3 about a year ago after having not been involved much with anything for the last 15 years or so, except for a bunch of arcade ROMs for my PC . Late to the party - sure, but not really fussed with upgrading anything, & the bright side is that I'll be able to get some great titles for cheap now. I'm getting more into retro gaming again these days anyway.

I appreciate that the new titles will mostly go to the new platforms (really glad ALIEN: Isolation made it through), but it's still disappointing that I can't get a decent SW game for the PS3 - & please don't mention TFU.. :monkey4 :lol

Yeah, I understand all that I guess, but while I've been in & out of gaming all my life really, I only got myself a PS3 about a year ago after having not been involved much with anything for the last 15 years or so, except for a bunch of arcade ROMs for my PC . Late to the party - sure, but not really fussed with upgrading anything, & the bright side is that I'll be able to get some great titles for cheap now. I'm getting more into retro gaming again these days anyway.

I appreciate that the new titles will mostly go to the new platforms (really glad ALIEN: Isolation made it through), but it's still disappointing that I can't get a decent SW game for the PS3 - & please don't mention TFU.. :monkey4 :lol

By the way, Gamestop currently has a deal where you can trade in your PS3 for $175 towards a PS4, which would make the PS4 $225

I'm in Australia mate, don't think that offer would work for me. :lol

Besides, I got mine for dirt cheap anyway, & pretty happy to keep it now - I might even get a PS4 down the track, who knows. :)

Well I will tell y'all this... Battlefield 4's Final Stand DLC maps were a test run for SW BF3. The Hover Tank is just a telltale sign...

This is gonna be game of the year for me (unless Gears 4 is announced this year). Might play through the first two Battlefronts before this one is released just for some fun...

Man, can't wait for these next few weeks to end. Then we have Daredevil on Netflix, SW celebration (and BF footage! :rock), the E3 (hopefully some good announcements), and then SDCC. OH this should be fun! :rock

Back