Star Wars ANH Han Solo Blaster prop replica review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Mad Old Lu - To give you a point of reference on timing...I ordered on January 28th and have not received mine, so I'm guessing the 4-6 week estimate is probably pretty accurate.

AFAIK these do not come with a display stand/case. I'm planning to put together my own.

Yep, no display yet. I'm looking at doing something on the wall, and it's perfectly designed for it - the barrel is even flat along the bottom, perfect to rest on a support. I haven't come up with the specific supports I'm looking for though.

Welp, I took the plunge! Rather, my wife pushed me in! I’ve been hemming and hawing ever since I saw this thread, and even put the blaster in my cart on the website. I’ve been reading and re-reading Michael’s review, and looking at ebay at the Master Replicas version which now goes for 2-3K. I’ve been weighing the price against getting 2 HT figures instead, or just in addition to what I have planned figure-wise. In short, I’ve been torturing myself with trying to make a decision!

Last week I got a check for some freelance stuff I did, so it made me think about it even more! So finally my wife intervened and went to my computer one morning before I got up and placed the order for me! She was sick of seeing me wringing my hands and talking about the damn blaster!

So now all I have to do is wait…

Welp, I took the plunge! Rather, my wife pushed me in! I’ve been hemming and hawing ever since I saw this thread, and even put the blaster in my cart on the website. I’ve been reading and re-reading Michael’s review, and looking at ebay at the Master Replicas version which now goes for 2-3K. I’ve been weighing the price against getting 2 HT figures instead, or just in addition to what I have planned figure-wise. In short, I’ve been torturing myself with trying to make a decision!

Last week I got a check for some freelance stuff I did, so it made me think about it even more! So finally my wife intervened and went to my computer one morning before I got up and placed the order for me! She was sick of seeing me wringing my hands and talking about the damn blaster!

So now all I have to do is wait…

Congrats!

I've been hovering around ordering one as well, and have 95% convinced myself to do it. I just am waiting for a few things to sell to free up some funds for this. I envy your taking the plunge!

Just ordered this myself to be sent to the uk. Looking forward to receiving now.

Woohoo! Just got my shipping notification. Actually was just a little over 6 weeks ago that I ordered, just for reference. Can't wait to receive this beauty! I guess I need to get to work on a display stand now... :) Will post a pic once I have it displayed...

Man, Star Wars is just killing my wallet. Ordered one tonight after seeing this thread, and reading the review. Had to jump on it. Really looks like they went to town trying to get all the little details right.

I am stoked! I just placed the order for this, and am sure the 6 weeks will crawl by. Looking forward to seeing this in person.

Michael Crawford, you should get a commission. Your reviews actually have helped me make several decisions in what to get (or not).

I agree Michael should definitely get a commission! I got this blaster because of his review!

BTW, my blaster was shipped at 6 weeks to the day. It's supposed to arrive today! :banana

I agree Michael should definitely get a commission! I got this blaster because of his review!

BTW, my blaster was shipped at 6 weeks to the day. It's supposed to arrive today! :banana

That's awesome! Let us know how it comes out! Its going to be hard waiting the next six weeks, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

I got my Todd's blaster and have to say it's amazing. Very heavy, more so than some of my real guns, and blows away the MR versions. Very happy with mine!

Got my blaster last night and I have to say that I’m very impressed overall! That thing weighs a ton! The details are amazing. Something that struck me is that it smells like a real gun—smells of metal and oil. Did I say it was heavy? Because it is! That makes me have to rethink how I’m going to display it. I thought I would hang it on the wall, but I think it will have to go on a tabletop to be more stable and secure.

There is one small criticism I have. I opted for the clean version since I wanted the pistol to have a slick, fresh out of the factory look. Unfortunately, it seems that the base Mauser they used was a rough older one, so there is a combination of rough textured parts and slick new parts. If I would have known that they used older replica Mausers, I would have opted for the battle damaged so the overall look is more consistent.

But other than that I’m very happy with it and I can’t wait to get home tonight again to “play” with it!

Back