Star Wars 12" High Res Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wor-Gar said:
I wonder if, with all the customizing that people are doing -- repainting heads, etc -- if an original untouched SS figure will be more valuable in the future? I would think so.

Makes me wonder if I should go ahead with my urge to repaint Anakin, or just let it be in all its original Sideshow glory. It might be interesting to see how their paint ops change over time -- for better or for worse -- as the line continues into year two and three. Maybe someday, far in the future, people will be looking in mad desperation for the few Anakins that remain with those beautiful "dark ruby lips".

Depends. To be honest as long as the paint job is good I wouldn't see a difference between an opened uncustomised and a opened non-customised figure. I'd think if you were concerned about future value you wouldn't open it at all. I open mine of course cos I don't plan to ever resell them - and I'm happy to tweak them for my own satisfaction.

Darth Scourge said:
Call me impatient, but how long before we see the Leia Boushh pics?
You do realize that the pics are straight from sideshows website. Just goto the image gallery and click on the photo to see the larger version.

mfoga said:
You do realize that the pics are straight from sideshows website. Just goto the image gallery and click on the photo to see the larger version.
No he is talking about the Uber Pics which you can only get in the press section which you need a special password for. :cool:

pixletwin said:
No he is talking about the Uber Pics which you can only get in the press section which you need a special password for. :cool:
Oh, I always thought he had to hack the site everytime for that. :rotfl

Thanks Josh. I can't believe how detailed her costume is... I wish whomever photographed her hadn't caught that reflection in her left eye.

I said this on another board. Her costume is by far the most detailed of the 12" lineup outside of Jabba who is 12" or 1/6th in name only since he's as big as my damn coffee table. :lol

pixletwin said:
No Joke. My first thought was "no wonder she costs as much as an LOTR figure!" :lol
It makes you wonder how much armored figures are going to cost. Not that price will stop me from buying them.

A question and a wish:

Question: So, where did this exclusive blaster come from? Is it in the movies, or is it strictly EU?

Wish: I really hope the production Leia doesn't have that lazy eye... :monkey3 The evil of hi-rez.. didn't even notice it on the site this morning.

pixletwin said:
No Joke. My first thought was "no wonder she costs as much as an LOTR figure!" :lol

Well, once you see it in person you'll really see even more why. Really nice job by SS on this one.

Batty said:
It makes you wonder how much armored figures are going to cost. Not that price will stop me from buying them.

Probably around $65 or so but they will be worth it.

DouglasMcc said:
A question and a wish:

Question: So, where did this exclusive blaster come from? Is it in the movies, or is it strictly EU?

Wish: I really hope the production Leia doesn't have that lazy eye... :monkey3 The evil of hi-rez.. didn't even notice it on the site this morning.

I think the blaster was in the movie but just something she had. I'm not sure.

Yeah, maybe the eye is a little off. It's nothing that when I looked at it at SDCC I noticed.

Batty said:
However much they cost, they will be considerably less than Medicom or whoever else and much higher quality IMHO. (you hear me Snakeneater? ;) )

pixletwin said:
However much they cost, they will be considerably less than Medicom or whoever else and much higher quality IMHO. (you hear me Snakeneater? ;) )

I agree with ya Pix.

Back