Star Wars 12" High Res Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, my bad.

I just have one display case for mine...yeah they tend to get bunched up, but at least they are all in one place.

Bunched not scattered (kind of sounds like hashbrowns ordered from Waffle House) :lol

How many 1/6 figs do you have?

No big deal.

I have all the SW stuff and LOTR figures. Then I have 4-5 SS figures still in the box. Stuff like the regular Hellboy, a Freddy Figure, etc. I have 1 Dead figure and 4-5 Medicom figures. Plus a ton of stuff on order.

Sorry to dig up a REALLY OLD topic, but I hated to start a new one when it belongs here. I have been disappointed that I haven't been able to access the high res shots that used to be linked on SS site for each 12" item. Maybe this is old news to everyone else, but I was playing around on the SS site last night and discovered how to access all the SS pics in high res using the link posted by Sachiel in the Utapau Clone thread (Thanks a million for that by the way!). If you use this link: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/prod_photos/jpg/2176_press05.jpg and simply change the item number and the "press0_" you can access all the 12" Star Wars figure images in high res. For instance to get the Darth Vader pics in high res, change the number 2176 (Utapau Clone-Regular) in the link to 21291 (Darth Vader-Exclusive) and the "press05" number to "press01" so that it looks like this: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/prod_photos/jpg/21291_press01.jpg. The "press0_" is just the number of the shot, menaing "press01" is shot 1 and "press02" is shot 2 and so on. To find out the item number, just pull up the page of the item on the SS site and the item number is the last number (sku) in the address: Darth Vader Exclusive = https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=21291 = 21291. I've found that for the exclusives there are only 1 or 2 high res pics for each item and the majority of the item's high res shots are tied to the regular version meaning that if you want most of Vader's shots, you will have to use the Regular version's item number (2129). I wanted to try to find the older shots of the Utapau Clone in high res, but it seems that if the pics are no longer on the SS site, then they can't be accessed. So once a figures prototype pics are changed to production pics, then the prototype pics are gone for good.

Hope this all makes sense. I always prefer the high res shots because there is so much more that you can see about the figure (some good, some bad). I also download all of them and use them as my screen saver. Hope I'm not creating a monster here, by people pulling up the high res shots and complaining about more stuff with more figures. That is certainly not my intent. Just thought you guys would like to know how to see the high res shots if you didn't already know. Now, if any of you already knew this shame on you for not already sharing it!

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for the tips! I wonder why SS took down the direct links to the hi-res versions that they used to have though.

So there is no way to access the prototype pics?

Not unless they are on the site now. It appears that these pics are linked only to the ones posted in the Gallery for each item. Once SS replaces an items pictures (as in the case of the Utapau Clone) they are no longer accessable.

LOL, I was wanting the proto pics of Jabba and figured it'd require an extensive search.

Low and behold the high res pics that came up for Jabba were the proto pics!! Nice.

Now to just grab my paints...

I can't get the pics of the standard stormtrooper to come up as hires for some reason ? I get a 404 message. I was hoping to get a better look before it reaches here in about 6 weeks :(

Back