1/6 Star wars 1/6 SDCC 2019 Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant believe no one is talking bout how god awful these sculpts are.....

HT has gone down a peg in quality.

Padme is terrible.....especially considering how good Anakin came out.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

They are just rough prototypes. These are not anything close to final figures. JC hasn't probably had time with his magic to paint these the right way. Give it time. This is just to show they are coming. Once JC has shown off his painted heads, then you know what they will really look like.

The biggest shock for me is that Jango Fett debuted last SDCC and he still hasn't gone up for preorder! Wasn't there like a month where HT released a new Boba Fett like every other week?

Time flies, its hardly believe that it has already been a year since his first debut.

Totally bamboozled but at least we know it’s probably a sure bet for the Mando and TROS. I’m just super pumped over the Wicket (managing expectations though until/if he goes for PO), but I’m still so happy about the Solo Maul. That’s been a grail figure for me.

Yes, I’ll admit that Wicket looks terrific.

Is there no Sideshow Star Wars sixth scale on display?

Not even Lando in disguise?

There was that rumour going around that SS had lost the license. HT are encroaching onto current Sideshow turf with Jawas (SS still have them for sale), and onto slightly older turf with R5-D4.

Some great reveals, particularly Wicket. However, some figures seem to have been consigned to the trash like Baze, Mimban trooper and Range Trooper. Also, some glaring gaps particularly from ESB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ll take any version, the pilot one is preferable but honestly any would be good. All I want is the big three heroes done for each trilogy. We have everything but Poe and Padme. What’s the hold up Hot Toys?

Baze is the big mystery.

They release his blind companion and he looks wrong on his own. They were fantastic characters from the best Disney released Star Wars film.
Baze and the Tank Trooper would sell through.

Poe I am not so sure. I would have ordered it in 2015/16. But no chance now.

It ain't over 'til its over.

If Wicket is the "BIG" reveal of this years SDCC... then Star Wars is truly dead.

If the demise of all other Star Wars merchandise is anything to go by, Star Wars died around December 2017.......have you been near a toy shop recently? Depressing.

I'm holding out hope for that Han Bespin reveal....that's the one that I really want.

Star Wars is dead. I've been saying this for some time now. The merchandise doesn't move. The hype for anything in the future, save for maybe The Mandalorian, just isn't there. The movies have been divisive and the games have been anywhere on a scale from lackluster to a disaster. Maybe Fallen Order can save that, but we'll see. OT and PT stuff is in, ST stuff isn't, but since Disney has the biggest interest in ST stuff, especially with the new parks, that's what gets pushed and no one cares.

Kevin Feige rules the entertainment world now. It's all Marvel. Snyder killed DC, Johnson killed Star Wars. There's just no hype for either anymore. Even TV - Game of Thrones was ruined for most people in the last season and Scott Gimple ran The Walking Dead into the ground (which does seem to be making a bit of a comeback). Maybe once Feige screws up and starts getting PC with the MCU, which is probably coming sooner rather than later, Star Wars can climb back into the race, especially if JJ Abrams can somehow salvage the ST with the Rise of Skywalker and The Mandalorian/Cassian series live up to expectations.

I can only wonder if HT is saving Bespin Han and Lando, Mace Windu, Padawan Obi-Wan and other popular characters for a time when Star Wars is more in the limelight again. But for where Star Wars is in the entertainment world right now, Wicket and a half assed Padme being the big reveals at SDCC seems about right.

Star Wars is dead. I've been saying this for some time now. The merchandise doesn't move. The hype for anything in the future, save for maybe The Mandalorian, just isn't there. The movies have been divisive and the games have been anywhere on a scale from lackluster to a disaster. Maybe Fallen Order can save that, but we'll see. OT and PT stuff is in, ST stuff isn't, but since Disney has the biggest interest in ST stuff, especially with the new parks, that's what gets pushed and no one cares.

Kevin Feige rules the entertainment world now. It's all Marvel. Snyder killed DC, Johnson killed Star Wars. There's just no hype for either anymore. Even TV - Game of Thrones was ruined for most people in the last season and Scott Gimple ran The Walking Dead into the ground (which does seem to be making a bit of a comeback). Maybe once Feige screws up and starts getting PC with the MCU, which is probably coming sooner rather than later, Star Wars can climb back into the race, especially if JJ Abrams can somehow salvage the ST with the Rise of Skywalker and The Mandalorian/Cassian series live up to expectations.

I can only wonder if HT is saving Bespin Han and Lando, Mace Windu, Padawan Obi-Wan and other popular characters for a time when Star Wars is more in the limelight again. But for where Star Wars is in the entertainment world right now, Wicket and a half assed Padme being the big reveals at SDCC seems about right.

:goodpost:

OT will only sell while Gen-Xers are around to buy it. Once they are retired on a fixed income that well will also dry out. Star Wars is no longer the golden goose because Kathleen Kennedy and Ruin Johnson strangled it and then ate it for dinner while JJ watched them do it from the kitchen.

It may wax and wane, but Star Wars is one of the longest running pop culture franchises.

It's not going anywhere.

I'm just glad that for me, "Star Wars" (and in my world, that's OT, and to a lesser extent, the PT) will never be dead. SW is admittedly pure nostalgia at this point. I'm realizing in my old age, it's not anything with Star Wars in it that I love, it's the OT. Lucas couldn't kill it by adding dumb rock walls and Dugs, and Disney could add Spiderman to Empire and not kill it. It will never change what I saw in the theaters, it won't change Kenner things I got for Christmas, it won't change looking forward to the Sunday papers for the new adventures in the comics, going to Burger King and wolfing down another burger to get a different glass, or doodling things in my Star Wars notebook to put in my Star Wars folder. I've got some of that with the PT because it's my kids version. I tried...numerous times.....to get them into mine, but they pick the PT every time and I do like them, despite their flaws. However, aside from liking the character designs, and dabbling in the trading cards, it was never the same. Didn't need a Qui-Gon lunch box or Darth Maul bedsheets. I wanted to love the ST, but 8 is the only Star Wars movie I saw in the theater just once and it's the only one I hate. I skipped Solo completely in the theater and I will see 9 whenever, but heck, I'd buy $1 OT stickers at Michaels if I saw them.

So I see a "Sith" trooper, and am like UGH!! But then, then I see Wicket, R5, Gonks, Jawas, and I think this show has been a success. Not only are fans of everything SW still getting stuff that aren't necessarily up my alley, but HT just might be dipping into 2nd and 3rd tier characters for the OT, unheard of years ago. Tonto didn't even get a Lone Ranger. Belle didn't get a Beast. and we might be getting a Gonk? Do they need to be put up for PO before I'm really happy, absolutely, but SW ain't dead, and I think the OT is on that fine line of running out of outfits for the big heroes and them deciding how far will they go into support characters. I'd rather get 1 OT a quarter than know for a fact they are done.

FWIW, I'm in the camp that bets money Bespin Han and Lando are absolutely coming. Just not this weekend.

Is my 1/2 hour up already? Phew. That felt good (gets up off couch to go pay receptionist) Triggered by "SW is dead". Whouda thunk it.

Back