1/6 Star wars 1/6 SDCC 2019 Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats-all-folks-907x510.jpg

Pack it up. Onto the next town.

Didn't even get a sniff of ESB Han. Oh well, here's still hoping for a 2019 reveal (and a 2020/21 release).

HT Jawa and Gonk set
d85a9a4241ae8124a34a6b261e84aa26.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Gorgeous - finally the sandcrawler power droid in 1/6. Feet are a bit inaccurate but wow. I'll buy two (one to make the ESB variant) - if it ever sees PO, which I seriously doubt.

HT Jawa and Gonk set
82c1f4137aa7447016f33872fb9e24c1.jpg
d85a9a4241ae8124a34a6b261e84aa26.jpg
810a51580e37b05044d584b80cdc47ff.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

So can we assume that if they combine Jawas and Gonk on the display shield that they'll be sold together too ? Could make sense pricewise I guess.

The Gonk looks pretty basic. But may be screen accurate. Not the same as the one they showed a few years ago.

Maybe these are more in line with the Mandalorian too. I think they have a high chance of release considering that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the HT ones do look pretty identical to the SSC ones. The big blaster looks nice.

That type of fabric is super tough to match in 1/6.

The SSC Jawa robes look better in hand - it doesn't photograph well. Myabe the same with the HT ones.

Do HT have a track record of revealing more figures further into the Con?

If that's it, it's total disappointment for me. Wow just wow!
I don't collect PT figures, so I have no real stake in those announcements.
For the OT, I'm not all that impressed with the Jawas. Bespin Luke 2.0 looks very unimpressive to me. (Did they take the ROTJ sculpt and just put a new hair piece on it?). I'm not going to sell my SS R5-D4 for the HT one. I'm happy to see the Gonk Droid return, but not sure I'd purchase a 3 pack if thats the only way to get one. So Wicket wins the show for me. (Glad to see Endor Leia again too to go along with him)

So...

No Cassian, Bespin Han, Lando (either version).

No Mandolarian despite everyone knowing what he looks like, so nothing would reall be spoiled and collectors could have a figure soon(er) after the show premieres.

No AOTC Kenobi, Anakin. (But a strange, sub-par Padme not ready for prime time)

Nice surprises with Jawas, Battle Droid and Wicket.

Back