Star Wars – 1/6th scale Stormtrooper (Porcelain Pattern Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somewhere, Howard is laughing so hard that it hurts. And so am I.

Can't wait for the Orla Kiely Stormtrooper. And let's not forget the Pride stormtroopers!

I don't know anything about porcelain but based on the description I'm guessing the pattern has some cultural significance to the country?

Anyhow, I think it's whimsical. I'm getting one.

image.jpeg

This is the Hot Toys victory lap. Showing you that they have the license and they make the money. :lol

How come is it getting instant PO on Sideshow's site while we're still waiting for both Death Trooper variants to be offered?

Reminds me of the collective "WTF" when Apple unveiled these bad boys...

flowerpowerdalmatia-100007480-orig.jpg

And HT is only getting started with its "Stormtroopers based on digital trading cards"!

ECdN7ed.png

FtGUnWL.png

tfOj1pK.png

XDlzfiA.png

QlwuPqs.png

Last edited:
It is what it is.

This is more amusing to me than anything. It doesn't bug me as much anymore because I've been desensitized by it (milk War Machine, the concept Alien woman anime thing, Jokerman, the Iron Men, the gaudy QC ridden gold trooper, etc.)

Collectors used to get mad a few years ago when people would insinuate that Hot Toys were simply making expensive ass toys in the same vein as Hasbro and Mattel made theirs. They really thought these things were "art" like this blue Trooper would have you believe. Between the elimination of edition numbers, straight reissues, limited character selection (or unlimited depending which Disney character you are) and repaint variants, I don't see how that sentiment is irrefutable at this point.

They're not doing anything to shake things up because they don't need to. What is Hot Toys' competition in this market with these licenses? No one. They're the only game in town. That's why the prices and things like this Porcelain Trooper are getting more and more shameless. They can get away with it and still profit. If anyone is to blame, it's the collecting community.

Yup, totally agree. Sideshow offers ****** 1/6 figures and is ballsy enough to slap a HT (or close to) price tag on them. I noticed the price hike in HT but more so Statues like Premium Formats the past year or so and its just ridiculous. Why? No other reason than people are paying whatever they ask. The quality is the same, if not more QC issues than before and the accessories are getting fewer and fewer. Beggars cant be choosers, basically and they are playing that card very well, just shameful.

It looks like he's wearing granny panties in the shot from the back ��
He'll be perfect for hiding in the cupboard with my grandmothers cups, I guess we'll get an R2 3po teacup and saucer varient next.

Back