Star Wars – 1/6th scale Stormtrooper (Porcelain Pattern Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they're going to make a line of these based after other cultures, they should've gone with a Day of the Dead pattern instead. I guarantee that will sell like hotcakes.

Keep in mind Hot Toys is based out of Hong Kong. And their products are first sold in Hong Kong. It makes sense.

Keep in mind Hot Toys is based out of Hong Kong. And their products are first sold in Hong Kong. It makes sense.

That's true, but I wonder if there's much interest for something like this over there? It'll be interesting to see.

View attachment 305045

I'd rather have an enema

Joaquin-Phoenix_OMG.gif

So these are the guys who wait tables in the Death Star Tea Garden, right?

Talk about pandering to.... China.

:D

Badum tish. :lol

This is my favorite bit in the description,

"this stylish and extraordinary interpretation of the Stormtrooper figure is a unique collectible for sophisticated fans and collectors.

:lol

:monkey4

How embarrassing.

This is seriously a wasted MMS slot for other anticipated figures such as the Romero Joker or Rogue One JYn Erso.

Why is time being wasted on designing and producing trash like this when fans want loved characters that still havent been made? What a joke..

Because it's easier and cheaper to slap on some new paint to a pre-existing Trooper or Iron Man and call it a "limited exclusive" than it is to design, sculpt and create and all new character.

The new character, while beloved, is risky because of the cost involved in being an all new creation. The Stormtrooper on the other hand is a cost effective way to profit with minimal failure. People will eat up an armored character that's a different color because of the collectible mentality these companies tap into.

Because it's easier and cheaper to slap on some new paint to a pre-existing Trooper or Iron Man and call it a "limited exclusive" than it is to design, sculpt and create and all new character.

The new character, while beloved, is risky because of the cost involved in being an all new creation. The Stormtrooper on the other hand is a cost effective way to profit with minimal failure. People will eat up an armored character that's a different color because of the collectible mentality these companies tap into.

And thats the problem with most of the people who collect. You have people that have 70 Iron Mans that are all the same with a new coat of paint and now they are doing it with Stormtroopers, formerly done with Clone Troopers. They will milk the cow until it is dead but at this point, that seems very unlikely due to the sheer amount of stupidity on the people who collect said market in supporting crap like this and other retarded versions that are just concepts.

I seriously hope ht is only trolling us with this one...otherwise....as the old man in robocop once said

And thats the problem with most of the people who collect. You have people that have 70 Iron Mans that are all the same with a new coat of paint and now they are doing it with Stormtroopers, formerly done with Clone Troopers. They will milk the cow until it is dead but at this point, that seems very unlikely due to the sheer amount of stupidity on the people who collect said market in supporting crap like this and other retarded versions that are just concepts.

It is what it is.

This is more amusing to me than anything. It doesn't bug me as much anymore because I've been desensitized by it (milk War Machine, the concept Alien woman anime thing, Jokerman, the Iron Men, the gaudy QC ridden gold trooper, etc.)

Collectors used to get mad a few years ago when people would insinuate that Hot Toys were simply making expensive ass toys in the same vein as Hasbro and Mattel made theirs. They really thought these things were "art" like this blue Trooper would have you believe. Between the elimination of edition numbers, straight reissues, limited character selection (or unlimited depending which Disney character you are) and repaint variants, I don't see how that sentiment is irrefutable at this point.

They're not doing anything to shake things up because they don't need to. What is Hot Toys' competition in this market with these licenses? No one. They're the only game in town. That's why the prices and things like this Porcelain Trooper are getting more and more shameless. They can get away with it and still profit. If anyone is to blame, it's the collecting community.

No actually i seriously think HT is turning into the number one trolling toy company. If you look at their history recently they actually enjoy trolling the die hard fans of every franchise. Sometimes they release under par sculpts like the commando figure just to annoy you when you know they can do better, sometimes they go with the bait and switch tactic, or sometimes they just pretend they are gonna release something like the bvs batmobile, 66 batmobile and delorean mark 2 and then don't bother to release it at all. When all that trolling doesn't appear to work they appear to have a new tactic. Releasing art imitating art concepts for the 'sophisticated' collector like the imposter joker and now this. That'll troll em i hear them say. Kudos to you o king of the toy collecting troller...

Last edited:
No actually i seriously think HT is turning into the number one trolling toy company. If you look at their history recently they actually enjoy trolling the die hard fans of every franchise. Sometimes they release under par sculpts like the commando figure just to annoy you when you know they can do better, sometimes they go with the bait and switch tactic, or sometimes they just pretend they are gonna release something like the bvs batmobile, 66 batmobile and delorean mark 2 and then don't bother to release it at all. When all that trolling doesn't appear to work they appear to have a new tactic. Releasing art imitating art concepts for the 'sophisticated' collector. That'll troll em i hear them say. Kudos to you o king of the toy collecting troller...

I think I actually read this in the company's mission statement. It seemed odd so I wasn't trusting Google translate. Thanks for confirming.

No actually i seriously think HT is turning into the number one trolling toy company. If you look at their history recently they actually enjoy trolling the die hard fans of every franchise. Sometimes they release under par sculpts like the commando figure just to annoy you when you know they can do better, sometimes they go with the bait and switch tactic, or sometimes they just pretend they are gonna release something like the bvs batmobile, 66 batmobile and delorean mark 2 and then don't bother to release it at all. When all that trolling doesn't appear to work they appear to have a new tactic. Releasing art imitating art concepts for the 'sophisticated' collector like the imposter joker and now this. That'll troll em i hear them say. Kudos to you o king of the toy collecting troller...

wtf I love hot toys now

This being released before stormie Han just so elitist collectors like Lejuan can complete their sophisticated collections is an outrage to all us common folk!:mad: :)

Back