Star Wars – 1/6th scale Stormtrooper (Porcelain Pattern Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? I can't see how anyone can be annoyed about this, HT is completely giving people like us the finger and this is ROFL hilarious.

im glad you find it funny. i do not. its means longer wait times for the things we actually want.

i do find this thread funny tho. the figure is just the writing on the walls.....

Who came up with this idea and actually had the balls to pitch it to Howard? Unless it came from the big man himself, then who's to oppose him? Even worse is the fact that it was approved by not only Hot Toys, but Lucasfilm/Disney!!! How does this translate to a smart marketing decision?

Of course limited editions and exclusives have their appeal but this is just absurd. I've had my share of eye rolls regarding past figure variants but this one makes absolutely zero sense to me. And to those complaining about this taking precedence on the assembly line, while other figures are pushed back or put on hold, I'm in complete agreement with you. Just boggles the mind.

Howard is trying to use a mind trick on us
058e47d0329261e775d3f7e1b5374e72.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Truly Ridiculous! My mum might want one though to go in her plate cabinet :)

Last year I said that the Stormtrooper would become the new Iron Man for HotToys. Someone said no worries theres only so many variant stormtroopers.:rotfl Seriously, this is pretty damn low. Why make anything new when you can release Stormtroopers, gold, chocolate, now Grandma edition. Where the F is Tarkin? Han Stormtrooper? Lando? Jedi Luke?

WT... is this!?

I hope this isn't in Rogue One. The Jedah fine bone china gift shop trooper scene when chirrut Imwe trashes tons of cups and plates and this guy shouts "you have to pay for breakables!"

Up there with "I am your father".

My first reaction: Wtf?

I suppose different strokes for different folks though. I'm certain someone will get it.

I don't mind it, I think a country / culture specific series could be interesting. I like the idea of using trooper armor as a canvas like the Star Wars Legion Art Shows have done. I don't think I'll be getting this guy but maybe they'll be a future one in the series that will blow me away.

This is my favorite bit in the description,

"this stylish and extraordinary interpretation of the Stormtrooper figure is a unique collectible for sophisticated fans and collectors.

:lol

:rotfl

Actually, this would really only be funny if it was a fan custom someone did as a joke. But an actual production piece?!!?? :thwak

After this I can't think of ANYTHING Hot Toys could EVER do to shock or surprise us..... :slap

Back