Star Trek: TOS/TWOK/Into Darkness head sculpts and uniforms

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Trek TOS head sculpts

My condolences on your loss. It's tough to lose a parent,especially Mom.Take all the time you need;the rest of us can wait...PS

Yeah condolences to your family. We just lost my grandmother recently as well, it can be a tough time.

Hey Spenser!How you doin'?Anything happening? Call me curious...PS

Thought it was time to bump this puppy.Not in a hurry at present, as my job situation is once again on the rocks, but a little news is always welcome(besides, this thread should not be so far back)...PS

Well it a matter of motivation, My seamstress hates the Trek uniforms, I got her to do the paints and she knows she’s going to have to do the rest soon. I’m still working on it.

In the interim, I have begun building Kirk's chair. So far, so good...PS

And here it is...
DSCN4837.jpg

2 pieces,so it'll pivot accurately...
DSCN4841.jpg

DSCN4840.jpg

DSCN4839.jpg

Main materials are wood and plastics.This is 1 week into the project, after the first primer coat,which is why the grain is still visible.Sanding and more primer have eliminated this for the most part.The yellow cording is a wire pull;this will allow me to run lights if I decide to go that route(better to be over prepared...).Other projects have taken priority over this ,but it's now on track again.Should updates continue,my friends?...PS

And here it is...
DSCN4837.jpg

2 pieces,so it'll pivot accurately...
Main materials are wood and plastics.This is 1 week into the project, after the first primer coat,which is why the grain is still visible.Sanding and more primer have eliminated this for the most part.The yellow cording is a wire pull;this will allow me to run lights if I decide to go that route(better to be over prepared...).Other projects have taken priority over this ,but it's now on track again.Should updates continue,my friends?...PS

Holy ****!!!! :thud:

Are you kidding with the "should updates continue" remark? Of course they should continue, one of the coolest things I've seen in a year full of cool things! :panic:

Should the updates continue?
Should the sun keep shining?
Should man learn to live in peace?
Should everything 1:6 be made affordable to all collectors?
Yes, yes, a thousand times YES!!

Ok then.Updates as work progresses.Today I got quite q bit done on the seat;photo's ASAP...PS

This is quite possibly the greatest thread I've ever stumbled upon. Amazing work- why are these not official?!

The(almost)latest...
DSCN4900.jpg

The seat,assembled!
DSCN4902.jpg

Test fitted;it fits perfectly...
DSCN4903.jpg

From above. The white stuff is Squadron filler putty;you can only force styrene so far...

DSCN4904.jpg

The right arm details;The "button"panel is designed to be removeable, with a light alcove.The intercom will have a real metal mesh(courtesy of an old razor screen).So far, I've made 2 tape cartridges,red and Green...
DSCN4908.jpg

The seat, painted by hand to simulate a "leather"texture(rough on the brush, but great for the chair)
DSCN4901.jpg

The rocker switches for the left arm and the intercom ,painted...styrene.
The seat is made from sheet styrene(yes you can get it in black!).Some was purchased at a local hobby store, but the thicker stuff was originally pieces of the top panel from my wife's aquaria(40 and 60 gal.).The panels have break-away sections to accommodate variable filter types(sensible), and I never throw away potential resources.Never know when I'll need thick styrene strips.
Since these pix were taken, I've fabricated,stained and fitted the wooden arms to the seat.I'll seal them once the stain cures with a poly-urethane coating.So far, they look pretty good(yes, I'll take pix)...PS

holy moley!!!!

looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you starting a list?!? please?!?!
wow...

Matt Jeffries would be PROUD!!!
-r.

Back