Star Trek: TOS/TWOK/Into Darkness head sculpts and uniforms

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Trek TOS head sculpts

I'm thinking that Kirk's neck might be a bit long...opinions?...PS

Here’s my first attempt at the rank braid. I’m going to do another version that I have in mind but this was the first one I wanted to try. Tell me what you think.

trekbraidewip01.jpg

FANTASTIC!!!!!

Maybe a little too big, but the sleeve seems a little too tight...
Looks really good!!!

Here is a comparison to the original braid. I took it of the command tunic and put one on the blue to see how it would look. I tried a more silvery background like the original costume but it just looked washed out, so I switched it to a dark gold and it provided the correct balance and contrast.

I received the dimensions of the screen used original braid from someone who has a piece and scaled it down to 1:6 so my braid is mathematically correct to the screen use costume at least. And yes the command tunic pictured is small, it was made for a TT slim and that’s a regular TT body so it’s a little tight.

trekbraidcomp01.jpg

trekbraidblue01.jpg

IMHO -- seems like the opposite. like the straight horizontal piece should be silver with a gold snake wrapping around it. yeah I see its a mix on the screen original but the snake is predominately gold

Well done sir! Yes it is indeed opposite, that’s because that one was for the embroidery (that didn’t happen) and I’ve redone the art to do it opposite from what you see pictured. That was the other one I was going to try that I mentioned a few posts back.

Outstanding;can't wait for the full uniforms. Got a ball park estimate on when they'll be available?...PS

Outstanding;can't wait for the full uniforms. Got a ball park estimate on when they'll be available?...PS

Nope not yet, still working on it. Soon!

I did finish and cast up a phaser and put a quick and dirty paint job on it, I have a little more to do on it, there are few places to touch up but I think it came out nice.

tosphaser16scale.jpg

Thought it was time to bump this puppy...so, any progress?...PS

This is on the verge of happening, I just need a little time.

The death of my grandmother hit my mom hard and she’s still having to deal with all the cleaning and legal stuff that you have to go through. She told me she’s looking forward to things calming down so she can get back to sewing.

The base color of the casting is a dye called flesh. However I mix in other colors depending on the skin tone of the actors.

Back