Star Trek The Next Generation Retro TV Review series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved TNG when it was on and there are still many episodes I find fantastic. I was only 15 when it debuted and I never really realized just how political it was until years later.

I loved TNG when it was on and there are still many episodes I find fantastic. I was only 15 when it debuted and I never really realized just how political it was until years later.

In rewatching it for this review series I have found that, while there were any political or social commentary episodes, there were also some real gems. Today's is not one of them.

The finale of season 2 ends with what is probably the worst episode of the season. Fitting as this season was mostly crap anyhow. At lease we dont have to deal with Pulaski any more.

https://latetothegame.blog/2018/04/...-tng-ssn-2-episode-twenty-two-shades-of-gray/

Dear lord that was a terrible episode. I had forgotten that it was a season "finale" to boot. Pulaski never fit on the show and both she and the regular cast admits he was never really warmly welcomed.

I hated Pulaski originally but actually don’t mind her as much now. Season 2 had some good episodes for sure and overall it’s better than other Trek series IMO.
On another note, The Orville is the closest thing to TNG than any other Trek series. I’m still hoping for a TNG reunion episode at some point...doubtful but that was the best Trek cast ever.

I hated Pulaski originally but actually don’t mind her as much now. Season 2 had some good episodes for sure and overall it’s better than other Trek series IMO.
On another note, The Orville is the closest thing to TNG than any other Trek series. I’m still hoping for a TNG reunion episode at some point...doubtful but that was the best Trek cast ever.

Pulaski was terrible overall but she did have some good moments. Crusher is sooooo much better though. And agreed on the Orville reunion. I cant wait till we see Patrick Stewart show up. With he and Seth being friends, you know its only a matter of time.

Back