Star Trek Original Series Overhauled

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JaniceRand.jpg

ever wonder what she keeps in that beehive bun? :rotfl

Space condoms and a "Rabbit".

:lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl

I've been Tivo'ing these and since I hadn't seen the originals in a long time they're very fresh for me. I love the new graphics too. But that price for a single season? I think I'll wait. Paramount loves to overprice these by about huge percentage.

Paramount loves to overprice these by about huge percentage.

Correct. Let's not forget that the original MSRP for season one of the original series on standard DVD was $135--and that was after they had already released the series on individual discs that had two episodes each and sold for $20 a pop. So some Trek fans have already paid $300 for all of season one, if they jumped on DVD back in the late 90's.

With all that in mind, I am not surprised at the $200 list price for this one.

Correct. Let's not forget that the original MSRP for season one of the original series on standard DVD was $135--and that was after they had already released the series on individual discs that had two episodes each and sold for $20 a pop. So some Trek fans have already paid $300 for all of season one, if they jumped on DVD back in the late 90's.

With all that in mind, I am not surprised at the $200 list price for this one.

I'm so glad I held off on buying those individual discs. Isn't that 36 DVDs? That's a lot of money and space. :monkey4

When the complete seasons came out I was able to get them at pretty good prices.

I'm so glad I held off on buying those individual discs. Isn't that 36 DVDs? That's a lot of money and space. :monkey4

When the complete seasons came out I was able to get them at pretty good prices.

The MSRP has now dropped conisderably since the full season sets were released back in 2004--Amazon now lists them as $70 each before their discount. That's roughly half the price tag of the original season boxed set releases. I remember paying nearly a hundred bucks each--same with the X-Files seasons. Prices on full season sets have gone down over the years, thank goodness.

Of course Paramount wants to push the boundaries of MSRP as they step into the world of HD sets--and without the mass acceptance that DVD experienced, there will be less of a chance that the prices will go down as quickly or sharply as they have with standard DVD sets.

Don't remind me of the X-Files! I think I bought every season the week they came out. Even on sale they were still a lot.

Now I rarely buy box sets as soon as they come out. I don't mind waiting a while for the prices to drop.

Now I just need to make that HD jump.

Don't remind me of the X-Files! I think I bought every season the week they came out. Even on sale they were still a lot.

Now I rarely buy box sets as soon as they come out. I don't mind waiting a while for the prices to drop.

Now I just need to make that HD jump.
I hear ya. I've even taken to just renting TV shows from Blockbuster On-Line. They have a surprisingly large catalouge including BBC shows like Doctor Who and BluRay versions. If I NEED to buy it, I can wait.

That is an insane price?!? At first I thought it was the complete run... but for one season no thanks.

Tonight I was able to get the TOS Season 1 HD-DVD/DVD combo set for only $64.13 shipped. This may be the cheapest way to get the remastered episodes for a while from season 1. The remastered Season two is coming on just DVD in August.

Use the coupon code: SUMMERSALE

Here is the link when you search for some reason it will not come up and it says it is backordered but Ive ordered several thing like that and they usually get them within a day or two to send out.

https://www.deepdiscount.com/viewpr...f_googlebase&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=PRD013119

Back