Star Trek Original Series Marathon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vivek

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am tempted to try this marathon approach sometime.
[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqckmbYDzw4]STAR TREK Original Series Marathon (80 Eps 5 Days)- Timelapse w/ Rankings - YouTube[/ame]

From the description:

"We watched the entire Original Series straight through with 60 of our friends (women and men ages 26 to 74) to celebrate the release of Star Trek: Into Darkness. Everyone rated they episodes they saw, 0 through 10, to come up with our rankings of worst to best episodes. We also kept a tally of classic occurrences that happen throughout the series (such as how many times red-shirts are killed). Episodes were viewed in broadcast order on Blu-Ray format with original effects. "

They also did the Star Trek movie marathon and a Bond movie marathon two years ago.

I've seen TOS all the way through at least twice, but whenever I want to rewatch them now I only go with what I consider the top 18-20 episodes, most of them from S.1 and 2.

These are the ones I tend to watch when I come back to the series now, actually a bit more than I thought :

s.1
Where No Man Has Gone Before
Mudd's Women
The Corbomite Manuever
The Enemy Within
The Naked Time
Dagger of the Mind
The Menagerie, Part I
The Menagerie, Part II
Balance of Terror
The Squire of Gothos
Shore Leave
Arena
Tommorow is Yesterday
Space Seed
The Devil in the Dark
Errand of Mercy
The City on the Edge of Forever

s.2
Amok Time
The Changeling
Mirror, Mirror
The Doomsday Machine
I, Mudd
Journey to Babel
Obsession
The Trouble With Tribbles
The Immunity Syndrome
A Private Little War
The Omega Glory
The Ultimate Computer
Assignment : Earth

s.3
The Enterprise Incident
And the Children Shall Lead
Day of the Dove
For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
The Tholian Web
Whom Gods Destroy
Let That Be Your Last Battlefield
All Our Yesterdays

Some of the others get really campy and silly like the one where Kirk and Spock have to fight Gengis Khan and other leaders through time or find a Nazi Culture planet. The American Indian Kirk one is hilariously bad too. Something Paradise episode.

Some of the others get really campy and silly like the one where Kirk and Spock have to fight Gengis Khan and other leaders through time or find a Nazi Culture planet. The American Indian Kirk one is hilariously bad too. Something Paradise episode.

I... AM... KIROK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here's something i did not know. the new 'remastered' dvds and the blue ray complete series sets were altered and the graphics were updated. what a difference in the final product HOWEVER, most die hard trekkies were pissed. the original series and it's suspect and sometimes cheesy graphics were part of the charm of TOS. after learning this and in the market for the set, i watched ebay day after day until someone finally put up the first 2004 DVD release that still had the original graphics. won the auction for $160 shipped. about $60 more than the new set but i wouldn't want a changed version in my collection. NOTHING like the original!!!

here's something i did not know. the new 'remastered' dvds and the blue ray complete series sets were altered and the graphics were updated. what a difference in the final product HOWEVER, most die hard trekkies were pissed. the original series and it's suspect and sometimes cheesy graphics were part of the charm of TOS. after learning this and in the market for the set, i watched ebay day after day until someone finally put up the first 2004 DVD release that still had the original graphics. won the auction for $160 shipped. about $60 more than the new set but i wouldn't want a changed version in my collection. NOTHING like the original!!!

The remastered Blu Ray sets have the option to watch the episodes with either the new or original version of the special effects. :dunno

The remastered Blu Ray sets have the option to watch the episodes with either the new or original version of the special effects. :dunno

now that is cool!!! did they reissue after people complained or was it by design to begin with? also heard a lot of QC issues. skipping and pausing with the BR.

I'm usually a purist with that sort of thing, but I actually prefer the remastered versions. Unlike the updated Star Wars films, the new effects in Trek only enhance the show imo.

I like the Enterprise and space shots but the phasers and things like that look too good for the quality of the rest of the show. I like the shoddy effects adding to the overall nostalgia quality.

I have the blue ray seasons and I have watched both versions. There are no problems with skipping or anything but some of the new effects looks to clean for the show. I like having the option to watch both version though even though I prefer the original broadcast versions.

Back