Star Ace Toys: Pulp Fiction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Ace Toys: Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown & Kill Bill

I thought this was going to be revealed at sdcc. Now it's supposed to be at the hong kong show? Isnt that happening now? Im a touch impatient so im just looking for some pics.

"No, no, yes" refer to each part of Ali's question.

No, because Star Ace have never been at SDCC.

No, because they're not at Ani-Com either.

And yes, because Ani-Com hasn't finished yet.

"No, no, yes" refer to each part of Ali's question.

No, because Star Ace have never been at SDCC.

No, because they're not at Ani-Com either.

And yes, because Ani-Com hasn't finished yet.

Gotcha.

I hope these turn out well. I haven't been super impressed with any of the PF figures to date - not Rainman's, not Denny's. Snyderman offered up the best sculpts imo, but with no real affordable full set options.

Nothing. Really looking forward to seeing Sam Jackson as Jules and Ordell and not Nick Fury for a change.

I hope these turn out well. I haven't been super impressed with any of the PF figures to date - not Rainman's, not Denny's. Snyderman offered up the best sculpts imo, but with no real affordable full set options.

Agreed. With these characters it's all about how **** one wants to get. It's two guys in black suits. Someone on here put together a really nice set using Snyderman sculpts and I think it was the Enterbay Men In Black suits. Looked great and probably cost less than half of what Rainman and Iminime were getting for one figure. For those on a budget these can easily be bashed. I miss the days when this hobby was about customizing cool figures you could never have otherwise. Now it seems to be about look how much I spend on figures or look how many f-bombs I can drop in a youtube review. The focus seems to aimed at collectors and the artist who create the figures, and not the figures themselves. It's really taking some of the enjoyment out of it.

I miss the days when this hobby was about customizing cool figures you could never have otherwise. Now it seems to be about look how much I spend on figures or look how many f-bombs I can drop in a youtube review. The focus seems to aimed at collectors and the artist who create the figures, and not the figures themselves. It's really taking some of the enjoyment out of it.

Yah, the hobby has also gone to crap when you have a group of imbeciles jealous of higher end pieces, and how very good artist would take their time doing great custom work... now, everyone and their mother is putting out work, trying to make a quick buck, and most collectors are settling on crap bashes and inferior looking cheaper garbage.

I wonder what the chances are of Star Ace getting Inglourious Basterds... I'd be all over a new Hans Landa.

Depends on if HT are still sitting on the license or have let it go. I'd imagine that it's out in the open again now considering it's been about 6 or 7 years since their last Basterds figure.

Though how well these already announced licenses sell will likely determine if they'll go after any other Tarantino films like Reservoir Dogs or Basterds - remember these are the first mass produced 1/6 Tarantino figures since Enterbay's cancelled Django line.

I'll definitely be in for a Bride and possibly O-Ren, assuming the quality is there.

It would be very hard for them to top Sideshow's effort...those are masterpieces. The craftsmanship is unparalleled...

I vaguely knew of Star Ace because I'd seen the Harry Potter figs on Sideshow, but didn't really start paying attention to them until Leonidas.

I've got high hopes for this company, seems like they will get the licenses Hot Toys won't.

I hope they keep going and finally...finally make Die Hard. Throw in Lethal Weapon too.

It would be very hard for them to top Sideshow's effort...those are masterpieces. The craftsmanship is unparalleled...

Is this a joke? I have all three and can't bring myself to display them with my Rainman pulp fiction, hot toys Basterds and iminime kill bill

Back