Star Ace Steve McQueen review, Toy Fair Coverage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let's start out with tonight's review - it's a great new figure that you might not know much about. Star Ace is an up and comer in the sixth scale market, and fans have been raving about their Harry Potter work so far. Tonight I'm looking at a different license, but one that pleases us old timers. It's their Steve McQueen figure from the film The Great Espcape. He's top quality, and bodes well for their upcoming releases.

You can find my review here:

Steve McQueen The Great Escape action figure - Another Pop Culture Collectible Review by Michael Crawford, Captain Toy

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

Michael Crawford's Review of the Week - the number one source for action figure, toy and pop culture reviews!

Also, I've got a good chunk of Toy Fair coverage up at this point, including Mezco, NECA, Spinmaster, Toy Tokyo, McFarlane, Factory Entertainment, GoodSmile, Jakks, Lego, and a few misc companies. You can find the main page here:

Toy Fair 2015 Coverage #NYTF - Michael Crawford's Review of the Week

Also, I mentioned that I've moved my hosting, so if you see anything weird, please let me know. If you've had trouble accessing the site in the past, or know someone who has (particularly people in countries like Brazil, Chile, Singapore, etc.) please give it another try and let me know what happens.

Thanks for reading, and watch for more Toy Fair updates over the next couple days!

Michael
MWC

Read you review Michael, thanks for posting this. I have this on PO and I eagerly await to see this, Ron and Harry in my collection in the next few months. Star Ace is a great new-comer to this market!

Great review!

I should be getting mine in this week, really looking forward to it.

Nice review Michael. Great to hear more good things about this figure. I'm just a sucker for figures like this though. I mean, I love Hot Toys as much as the next man, but I think I'm all superheroed out. As it's called the 'My Favourite Legend SERIES', I'm hoping the sales are good enough on this one for them to pump out further additions. I'd love to see a Jack Nicholson Randle P McMurphy or Jake Gittes. Maybe a West World Yul Brynner or Charles Bronson/Henry Fonda from Once Upon A Time In The West. Hell, even an Escape To Victory Michael Caine or a Marlon Brando before he was fat. There's got to be a market out there beyond Batman, Star Wars and Marvel, surely?

Back