Star Ace Triwizard Harry Potter figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been waiting for this! Checking it out now....

Edit: Nice review as always. I think this convinced me enough to get him. Those boots and hands are disappointing. Accessories and the outfit look tremendous. The sculpt isn't perfect. Nose seems big and some angles it doesn't capture Harry as well as I would like it to. I think Star Ace though are on there way back up. One great release with Hermione and a good release with this Harry. Hopefully they keep it!

Those boots are a real bummer, as it sounds like they basically incapacitate Harry for dynamic posing. I wonder if there are any similar boots on the market that could be swapped in that would work better?

Something softer perhaps...or even just a half boot. The pant legs come down long enough to cover the top half anyway.

The front part of the hair looks almost unfinished in some of the shots and the hair piece is really not sitting well... overall looks good, but with a few tweaks looks like he could be an incredible figure.

Just a note about the boots. They are designed to pose him flying on the broom, so there's a slight angle built into the ankles that makes standing poses difficult but make flying poses more realistic.

The paint on that hair is...eh. I dunno. Doesn't look very good.

I'm still on the fence with this figure. I wanted to like it more than I currently do.

I am surprised that with all accessories you get for this figure that the value score was so low.

Not feeling it. The oversized nose is a killer for me. It's throwing the likeness off too much. I'm gonna see if I can get what I've paid for this placed onto another order with Sideshow.

If I change my mind on this figure, I'm sure I'll be able to pick it up later for less based on how the other figures have sold. Sideshow still has the great Voldemort in stock!

This is a real bummer, because I was very excited for this figure when it was announced.

Back