Star Ace Marilyn Monroe 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this looks a great deal better. I agree it's not perfect, but if this is what they had shown to begin with I doubt the hate would be quite as great for it. Paint and sculpt appear improved. They also may have done a better job photographing it, but it doesn't really look that bad. It's funny the comparisons people are making with other likenesses. Women with a particular facial symmetry do bare a resemblance to each other. I admit I don't see some of the women who've been mentioned in this sculpt, but I can understand others who see the likeness.

I think this looks a great deal better. I agree it's not perfect, but if this is what they had shown to begin with I doubt the hate would be quite as great for it. Paint and sculpt appear improved. They also may have done a better job photographing it, but it doesn't really look that bad. It's funny the comparisons people are making with other likenesses. Women with a particular facial symmetry do bare a resemblance to each other. I admit I don't see some of the women who've been mentioned in this sculpt, but I can understand others who see the likeness.

"Hate" is a strong word. Also, you can't speak for anyone else but yourself because sculpts are always very subjective.

I don't hate it. Frustrated? Yep. I've been a fan of Marilyn all my life, so I would've loved them to have made the definitive MM in 1/6. For me, this is still a huge miss. I've kept my subscription to this thread in the hopes it will get there - as we all know, SA can do great figures.

I think the forum sometimes eats comments. Sometimes my comments just randomly disappear, and I know that there was nothing wrong in it, or replying to something that's bound to get deleted.

This is another update on the Marilyn headsculpt. The previous version was deleted and comments based on those pics were also deleted. This is production paint:

marilyn_1017_2.jpg

marilyn_1017.jpg

Maybe I'm not a hardcore Marilyn fan like some of you but these updated pics look way better than the last ones.

It does look better, but the eyes still look zombie-ish IMO.

If they do a 7 Year Itch (white dress) I'll definitely check it out.

Eyes and hair are painted wonky- but I see her in the sculpt so let's hope production version is a win..

Looks exactly like Marilyn Monroe to me.
I have the Toys McCoy version so unless I can get the head from this and update that old release, I'm stuck with it.

Back