Star Ace Marilyn Monroe 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its ok....but not as wow as it needs to be. mouth is still off, shes got such a strong beautifully iconic face and its just not captured enough for me personally.

arms look bad around the shoulder area too.

i'll pass. cute accessories though, as usual with star ace.

Last edited:
I want these but I think the eyes look "sleepy/droopy" if you know what I mean....sculpt needs help- the knock-off sculpt being sold now by HK sellers looks fantastic(ripoff of Blitzway sculpt i know)

I want these but I think the eyes look "sleepy/droopy" if you know what I mean....sculpt needs help- the knock-off sculpt being sold now by HK sellers looks fantastic(ripoff of Blitzway sculpt i know)

totally agree with everything you said.there's no expression her eyes and face.

the 1/6 recast of the Blitzway statue looks better. I'm a little disappointed in how these turned out considering how fantastic the statue is...

Tempted to pick up the pink outfit though since it's so iconic.

My Dad is 74 and he doesn't know any thing about 1/6 scale collectible figures, he does know about Marilyn a great deal though. So yesterday I asked him if the's promo pics look like her and he simply and resoundingly said "No!"

Posted yesterday on SA's FB as a "revised" HS.

14125099_934985613294841_1543234033975002609_o.jpg

What the heck happened to this prototype? As someone on FB pointed out, why can't they go back and start from there again? If the finished HS looked like that (and do something about that diamond necklace) I'm sure lots of people would buy it.

!cid_15CAC800-042E-4131-A02D-A8400C8E0DB3.jpg

Yeah, I think it's the same sculpt too because the hair is the same etc. What I mean is, they should go back to the original (if it wasn't destroyed in the casting process). This one looks like it was squashed/elongated, don't you think? Some sort of casting problem. The paint is bad, but I personally don't think it's just that.

What does everyone else think?

Yeah, I think it's the same sculpt too because the hair is the same etc. What I mean is, they should go back to the original (if it wasn't destroyed in the casting process). This one looks like it was squashed/elongated, don't you think? Some sort of casting problem. The paint is bad, but I personally don't think it's just that.

What does everyone else think?

Yes I absolutely agree...they need to fix this.

It's geting there but the eyes still bother me- sleepy look- maybe face cheekbones need tweaked- hope they keep going on improvements but I think production could soon start and it's too late...

If there's anyone good at Photoshop, it would be great to see that original B&W proto image painted/colorized.

We try to keep things constructive here at SSF, we don't want to hurt anyone's feeling.

Posted yesterday on SA's FB as a "revised" HS.

View attachment 287636

What the heck happened to this prototype? As someone on FB pointed out, why can't they go back and start from there again? If the finished HS looked like that (and do something about that diamond necklace) I'm sure lots of people would buy it.

View attachment 287642

While i appreciate the paint attempt, the mouth just kills thisno matter how they repaint it.
They really should consider changing this sculpt, the reception its gotten all over the net has been so bad, not one good thing posted on their Facebook page about it either.

They seem a bit hit/miss with their female sculpts, the Hermoine ones are good, Selene is decent, but the Katiness is so ghastly and this Marilyn is a real miss!

The reaction to the HS might mean a big revision IF they care about sales but who can say what they will do...

While i appreciate the paint attempt, the mouth just kills thisno matter how they repaint it.
They really should consider changing this sculpt, the reception its gotten all over the net has been so bad, not one good thing posted on their Facebook page about it either.

They seem a bit hit/miss with their female sculpts, the Hermoine ones are good, Selene is decent, but the Katiness is so ghastly and this Marilyn is a real miss!

Hermione was KA Kim, that's why. She did the Blitzway 1/4 Marilyn, which is just ****ing brilliant.

I would assume this isn't hers. Probably wouldn't do it so close to the BW MM anyway.

The reaction to the HS might mean a big revision IF they care about sales but who can say what they will do...

Let's hope they do listen :pray:

Back