Star Ace Harry Potter - Lord Voldemort

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened my "he who shall not be named." my thoughts on this figure:

Box art and packaging-3.5/4 great graphics, collector friendly; cardboard thickness could have been a little thicker.

Accesories- 4/4 at this price point they included key items, the two wands are very nicely sculpted and ballance well in either hand; the inclusion of the flame and. Magic lightening effects are well proportioned, not overly heavy and have great sculpts.

Stand- 2.5/4 although sturdy enough, I am not a huge fan of clear stands, a decal or diorama would have been nice; I don't mind the waist grabber it is easily hidden in his robes.

Outfit- 4/4 this is a highlight of this figure; the use of thin wire is east to futz his wizard robe sleeves, and lower dropping along the bottom. The tailoring is up there with the finest at this scale. The addition of the flowing effect extended robe fitting his left arm (attaching with magnet) is an interesting compromise and I applaud Star Ace for including it.

Underlying body- 3.5/4 while not quite the true type hot toys uses, this is a nice tight body, good range of motion and allows for nice posing.

Sculpts- 3.75/4. The only thing keeping this from a perfect score is the mouth area of the screaming sculpt-its damn close though. The stoic hs is a veritable work of art. The paint is clean, consistent, the vein work on his head is exceptional. The eyes are equal to the best out there.

Overall- 3.75/4. This is an exceptional figure in its own right. I am a fan of Harry Potter movies, however this figure would easily look stunning on a shelf of movie baddies; it is an eye catching figure, a true 1:6 work of art.

* I got the Star Ace McQueen V.Hiltz figure and opened that figure right after this one- I was not nearly as impressed with it.

I just ordered my first Star Ace figure wich is Voldermort. I cant wait to get him.

Here is mine :)
DSCN2261b.jpg

im having a difficult time putting on the angry head on the body. it wont snap into place and i do not want to squeeze/break my figure!! anyone have suggestion on how to easily swap heads and keep the head on? i have the screaming head on but loose right now

im having a difficult time putting on the angry head on the body. it wont snap into place and i do not want to squeeze/break my figure!! anyone have suggestion on how to easily swap heads and keep the head on? i have the screaming head on but loose right now

Use a hairdryer?

0169430280e4f851dce7b69a8782d140.jpg

8cb201c8def0a5e2d521c31fc3332745.jpg

My two he-who-shall-not-be-named. I wanted to go with the suited look from the start. I think I want to get a green tie for him though.

Back