Star Ace Harry Potter - Hermione Granger 1/6th figure from Sorcerer's Stone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may think that but myself and many others do not. Emma IS Hermione, and played the part so well throughout. Even JK Rowling herself calls Emma her perfect Hermione.

That's why I added ~I feel~ in my comment. It doesn't matter to me what JK Rowling called her. RK Rowling probably thought her last two HP books were brilliant, too, but I highly disagree, lol. :lol

This figure's incredible! It makes me want to start collecting this line.

If they do a slightly older Harry - say Chamber of Secrets or Prisoner of Azkaban - then I will definitely jump in.

This figure's incredible! It makes me want to start collecting this line.

If they do a slightly older Harry - say Chamber of Secrets or Prisoner of Azkaban - then I will definitely jump in.

Well the Triwizard Harry isn't that much older. And we have the Quidditch Chamber of Secrets Harry coming.

The company isn't exactly out of nowhere...they're part of X-Plus, which has been doing other (non-1:6) collectibles for years. The sculptor is K.A. Kim, who has left Hot Toys and is freelancing now. She did a certain pair of recent releases from a certain mysterious custom outfit -- a Michael Corleone and a Dirty Harry. She is also the sculptor of Blitzway's upcoming licensed quarter-scale "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" Marilyn Monroe. I do hope she gets tapped for the Selene sculpt. She's great.

Its out of nowhere to me. It's a rarity that a new company, regardless of its experienced freelance artists, come out the gate with one exceptional release right after the other in seemingly quick succession. That was mainly my point really. I kinda wish these guys would have gotten the Game if Thrones license. And yeah, K.A. Kim is great.

I've been following KA Kim on Instagram for a while and didn't realize she left Hot Toys until she I see her posting stuff I don't think Hot Toys had licenses for like Marilyn Monroe. She does amazing work and that Hermoine figure looks so freakishly life-like. I don't think I haven't had the privilege of owning any of her work but if she does the Severus Snape or Deathly Hallows Harry, I might finally get one.

image.jpg

That's why I added ~I feel~ in my comment. It doesn't matter to me what JK Rowling called her. RK Rowling probably thought her last two HP books were brilliant, too, but I highly disagree, lol. :lol

I know, that's why I said "You may think that..." :D

Hey everyone has their opinions, all good. :wave

Shame HT lost Kim, she was starting to really hit her stride (BD Robo - West Batman). I would love to support Star Ace but sadly this just isn't my thing even though the figure is excellent. I may get that Blitzway Marilyn Monroe statue for my mother for Christmas though.

Shame HT lost Kim, she was starting to really hit her stride (BD Robo - West Batman). I would love to support Star Ace but sadly this just isn't my thing even though the figure is excellent. I may get that Blitzway Marilyn Monroe statue for my mother for Christmas though.

Funny I just showed my mom that statue last night. Asked her, "is that something you would want?" Was looking at the pics in awe. Kim is excellent.

Ready for this Hermione preorder tomorrow!

Re: Star Ace Harry Potter - Hermione Granger - Sorcerer's Stone

Ideally she should be shorter, but what can you do...

hpbabies.jpg

Sean

I dunno... Hermione is standing flat-footed in that pic, while Harry is pushing up off one leg. I think she's accurate being the same height as Harry. She should just be shorter than Ron.

All other photos show the same height difference, with Hermione being the shortest. Google it and you'll see. The foot Harry is actually standing on is flat. He is taller than Hermione. A fixable thing if you're super bugged out about height accuracy and ok with cutting your figure up, I suppose.

Still at ten inches tall they seem tall for the age they are supposed to be relative to other 1/6 figures. But maybe they will look fine. I have some old Mattel 1/6 Harry Potter figures I got cheap long ago- they are 7 inches and look fairly accurate, height wise, for the first film. Maybe they could be 8 inches and be more precise.

Sean

Posts about minor height differences already? Star Ace threads will be the new Hot Toys threads.

Posts about minor height differences already? Star Ace threads will be the new Hot Toys threads.

Well, see my original post. It was about the overall height of 10 inches seeming too tall for this age. I only mentioned Hermione being shorter in passing when someone said the overall scale of 10 inches was correct because "she's the same height as Harry and Ron" (which I don't quite understand how that comment relates to the original comments about scale). In passing I then pointed out that she's actually shorter than Ron and Harry in real life. But my main point was about the overall height of 10 inches. But I even said it was nothing major unless you're "super bugged out about height differences". Then 2 people replied, seemingly as unagitated as I was. Just talking.

So we can't talk now?

giphy.gif

:)
Sean

Last edited:
Well the Triwizard Harry isn't that much older. And we have the Quidditch Chamber of Secrets Harry coming.

To me the Triwizard Harry is different - Philosopher's Stone Harry is a kid, Triwizard Harry is a teenager. But thanks for the tip about the CoS Harry, I'll check it out. Is it a different HS?

Back