Star Ace Harry Potter - Hermione Granger 1/6th figure from Sorcerer's Stone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pretend they're injuries sustained due to her poor flying abilities. :lol

Btw, it's easily remedied if you swap pants for the skirt.

She never did fly in the movies, did she?

fab3bd5cb4ba9bcb81ce05e416e2b1ba.jpg

Just received an email from SS that my payment will be charged and Hermione to ship on approximately Jan 14th.

That remained even in the later movies.

View attachment 233166

This is a bad example. This was from potions class from Half-Blood Prince. While Hermione's hair lost the volume of Sorcerer and Chamber, from Azkaban on it was always long and wavy. It was the full bushiness only in Sorcerer and slightly less in Chamber. She had no friends until the end of the first movie, so I don't think she really cared how it looked. She even commented about her own hair from the back in Azkaban. But the frazzled look shown above is because Hermione was doing very poorly in potions and the humidity in the room was evident in her hair. You know what moisture does to long hair, hence the frazzled look.
Ryan

This is a bad example. This was from potions class from Half-Blood Prince. While Hermione's hair lost the volume of Sorcerer and Chamber, from Azkaban on it was always long and wavy. It was the full bushiness only in Sorcerer and slightly less in Chamber. She had no friends until the end of the first movie, so I don't think she really cared how it looked. She even commented about her own hair from the back in Azkaban. But the frazzled look shown above is because Hermione was doing very poorly in potions and the humidity in the room was evident in her hair. You know what moisture does to long hair, hence the frazzled look.
Ryan

Thanks for the mansplain.

Her hair was obviously tamed but still quite full, especially when you compare her hair to Ginny's, which was almost always flat.

:)

efbe22c30ba7ec74bf1c763d140d3960.jpg

52fbe468ec796.image.jpg

This isn't a line that I'm collecting, but I saw the figure in "Toy Hunters" in Hong Kong. It's an amazing piece of work with one of the most life like appearances I've seen on a 1:6 figures. Hats off to the guys at Star Ace for their work.

Ryan

:lol Poor girl, I know exactly how she feels!! :lol

Anyway after much deliberation and looking at all the excellent photos in this thread, I have finally decided to order her and the Year 1 versions of Harry and Ron! :slap They all look so awesome, it would be rude not to!! :)

That's some long wood. :monkey1

In all seriousness though, there are some really weird people in this hobby. It was only a matter of time.

I went ahead and bought pants for her for when I want to pose her on a broom again.

Pants look fine. Some of you might think they look baggy, but at least they're easy to put on and take off. The skirt is a little tight.

IMG_20160105_230341539.jpg

IMG_20160105_230359953.jpg

Does the final headsculpt live up to the promotional prototype pics?

The pics i'm seeing posted of the figure look pretty good from other collectors... I'm not sure if it's the lighting or the way the hair is styled but it's not quite on the level of the prototype(like the amazing shot below), which i guess i pretty typical of most 1/6 figs.

Still looking forward to seeing this in hand, hopefully this month.

10342221a10.jpg

Does the final headsculpt live up to the promotional prototype pics?

The pics i'm seeing posted of the figure look pretty good from other collectors... I'm not sure if it's the lighting or the way the hair is styled but it's not quite on the level of the prototype(like the amazing shot below), which i guess i pretty typical of most 1/6 figs.

Still looking forward to seeing this in hand, hopefully this month.

It's actually better in person, though Michael Crawford got one with smudged paint under one of the eyes.

As for the hair -- I'm sure there are infinite ways of matting/combing/styling it. King Jordan has done a great job. I chose to leave mine messy. :)

Better than the above pic in person? From the pics I've seen it seems like a quality sculpt, but a fraction (tiny) away from what I see in the promo pics. I'd be happy if you were indeed right & it was better than the promo pics in person.

Yes, the sculpt is better in hand than in a picture. I've had it for about four weeks now.

Here are some pix of her wearing pants while flying.

IMG_20160112_215448211_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160112_220118443.jpg

IMG_20160112_221422468.jpg

I understand the product (as per usual) can look better in hand than the in hand pics, but I meant is it better looking in person, than this promotional image?

attachment.php

Back