Star Ace Harry Potter - Hermione Granger 1/6th figure from Sorcerer's Stone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Ace Harry Potter - Hermione Granger - Sorcerer's Stone

Amazing likeness! I recently picked up Harry from BBTS and I'm glad I did. They're doing great stuff right off the bat.

Please tell me they're sticking with the sculpted hair. I don't want rooted for this line. :(

Well in the books Hermione had really messy hair.
So rooted hair wouldn't be bad.
But yeah,rooted hair does suck!
LOL!

I hope they have more than Potter and McQueen up their sleeve license wise.

There are a lot of things on the table, but if anyone has suggestions, please make them. Star Ace with X-Plus behind them has a deep history of different types of collectibles, including vinyl and die-cast.

1/6 history in the making, folks. Glad I'm here to watch (and buy)!

P.S. Also glad they decided to go sculpted with Hermione's hair, rooted could look messy with a hairstyle like this.

Rooted hair is still a possibility - tests are being done. But rest assured, if it isn't absolutely ideal for the character, then it won't be used. First year Hermione did have rather a rat's nest for hair though - so rooted could look much more authentic than sculpted.

What I really want is someone to make 1/6 figures from Robert E. Howard's Conan books. 1/6 fantasy figures are coming in a way from Threezero with GoT, but I have loved Conan all my life. McFarlane did amazing figures years ago, NECA did the 1982 film, but I'd love to see someone take a crack at the license, and not just for hyper expensive statues.

Also, Mad Max and Lethal Weapon. N2 Toys did a few figures years ago of Mel, I am surprised no one has tried since, even bootlegs. Max is like the ultimate anti-hero, before Snake Plissken. With the new film out this year, it would be great if someone capitalised on the heat. As for Lethal Weapon, I'd kill for a high end Riggs and Murtaugh. I wonder if there has ever been any movement in that area.

Last edited:

What I really want is someone to make 1/6 figures from Robert E. Howard's Conan books. 1/6 fantasy figures are coming in a way from Threezero with GoT, but I have loved Conan all my life. McFarlane did amazing figures years ago, NECA did the 1982 film, but I'd love to see someone take a crack at the license, and not just for hyper expensive statues.

Also, Mad Max and Lethal Weapon. N2 Toys did a few figures years ago of Mel, I am surprised no one has tried since, even bootlegs. Max is like the ultimate anti-hero, before Snake Plissken. With the new film out this year, it would be great if someone capitalised on the heat. As for Lethal Weapon, I'd kill for a high end Riggs and Murtaugh. I wonder if there has ever been any movement in that area.

If you want to spend $1000, I think Iminime did a Riggs and Murtaugh.

There are a lot of things on the table, but if anyone has suggestions, please make them. Star Ace with X-Plus behind them has a deep history of different types of collectibles, including vinyl and die-cast.

Was Sleepy Hollow something they were considering? I think there are a lot of lines like that where 1-3 figures could be made and wouldn't need more than that. The Potter line is like Star Wars. It could go on for years! I think smaller lines like that or random single figure licenses would help round things out for them.

Was Sleepy Hollow something they were considering? I think there are a lot of lines like that where 1-3 figures could be made and wouldn't need more than that. The Potter line is like Star Wars. It could go on for years! I think smaller lines like that or random single figure licenses would help round things out for them.

No, Sleepy Hollow is just me. The series doesn't have the international following or longevity to be a serious candidate for 1:6 yet.

I say let Star Ace just focus on this line for now.
Look what happened to ThreeZero.
Started off doing the Walking Dead line and released 2 figures from that series and nothing since.
They're doing the crappy new RoboCop movie figures and GOT too along with other figures.
I think they bit off more than they could handle.

Once again, Threezero made RoboCop first because that license had a deadline.

Also - Dave - was the reason why you posted various polls here a while back because Star Ace are gauging interest in possible properties like Supernatural?

Looks great! I saw their Steve McQueen at NYCC and thought it looked phenomenal.

Not digging the previous rooted hair look. And I hope they can do something about those exposed knee joints.
image.jpg

New sculpt looks so much better than that prototype. Usually I prefer rooted hair, especially for females, but the sculpted hair on this one looks so much better. Agree on the knee joints, but not a deal breaker.

Just saw on Facebook that Big Chief Studios will be selling these figures too.
I wouldn't use them myself. BBTS,AE & soon Sideshow will be selling them.
I looked at the price for a PO Voldemort on their site and it was pricey, well pricey if you're ordering it from the U.S.
Not sure what the conversion rate is for dollars to pounds sterling.

Once again, Threezero made RoboCop first because that license had a deadline.

Also - Dave - was the reason why you posted various polls here a while back because Star Ace are gauging interest in possible properties like Supernatural?

Most of these surveys are just for fun.

Back