Star Ace Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Hermione Granger 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this one looks less doll like than the first figure. Honestly, I think sorcerer's stone Hermione is so dolllike it's slightly creepy.

Hermione is about 75% there to me. The close ups almost look like a different sculpt compared to the full length shots. Hair needs to be a lot curlier IMO. But so glad they're doing this age!

Star Ace should borrow KA Kim from Blitzway and have her do all of the remaining HP sculpts. :lol

Seriously though...

Star Ace should borrow KA Kim from Blitzway and have her do all of the remaining HP sculpts. :lol

Seriously though...

darthkush just said they think the KA Kim Hermione sculpt is creepy and doll-like (opposite of my opinion). So, you can't please everyone :lol

Seriously though...

K.A. Kim is ridiculously talented; she's done a lot of my favorite sculpts.

I'll probably be picking this one up when it comes out.

It's a very adult looking sculpt and there are hints of the actress in there, but overall looks a touch to generic. It'd be one thing of this were for a later film, but for POA it's just all wrong.

So odd. The likeness looks great from certain angles, but from others, mostly from a distance, the likeness looks very off.

It's a very adult looking sculpt and there are hints of the actress in there, but overall looks a touch to generic. It'd be one thing of this were for a later film, but for POA it's just all wrong.

Agreed, at some angles it looks OK, but others it doesn't look good at all, just my opinion but that sculpt makes her look like she's in her twenties or something rather than her early teens.

If Hermione and Harry sell there's a possibility of Ron.

image.jpeg

If Hermione and Harry sell there's a possibility of Ron.

So...the company is in wait and see mode? Okay, that helps me a lot. I feel a lot more confident in buying the two if you guys are going,"if they buy them both, we'll do it. That way they'll stop complaining" lol.

darthkush just said they think the KA Kim Hermione sculpt is creepy and doll-like (opposite of my opinion). So, you can't please everyone :lol

Yup. I'm not saying it's NOT a good sculpt. It is...but it's just so...dollish. I'm creeped out but maybe more so because I'm just kind of creeped out by dolls in general. When I first start posting here I was gonna order the first Hot Toys Scarlet Witch and I ended up cancelling her because I liked the New Avengers one better but also...because she looked so much like a doll in the prototype. When the final figure came out, I thought she looked much more like a figure than a doll so I'd probably buy it now if she was really cheap but yeah...darthkush don't like dolls. Childhood fear weirdness.:cuckoo:

So Star Ace is pulling a Hot Toys?
We'll see how well Angelica sells and then we might put out Barbosa.
That's crap!

I know. It's not good towards collectors. You can see why they're doing it - because they said Ron didn't sell as quick/well/whatever, but it's not a positive attitude to have at all.

I personally don't want to keep buying just Harry and Hermione. I'm going to hold off on these two. Dumbledore will be my last purchase until they announce something less boring - like Bellatrix or Mcgonagall etc.

I know. It's not good towards collectors. You can see why they're doing it - because they said Ron didn't sell as quick/well/whatever, but it's not a positive attitude to have at all.

I personally don't want to keep buying just Harry and Hermione. I'm going to hold off on these two. Dumbledore will be my last purchase until they announce something less boring - like Bellatrix or Mcgonagall etc.

Completely agree - those two characters definitely deserve figures (IMO). They really do need to mix it up a bit more and give the line more variety character-wise - it's not like the Potter franchise is short of interesting characters. I don't want a display just consisting of every possible variant of Harry and Hermione either! :lol

Personally I've no intention of buying every single version of the main three, admittedly I have pre-ordered the Quidditch Harry and do own the Year 1 figure, but the next version of him/the trio I get will be the Year 7 one (assuming they do them - and they had better do a Year 7 version of Ron too!! :cuss :lol).

In some respects, you need to keep offering the main characters. They are the ones that sell. Some people miss out on early releases and won't want anything else if they can't get the main characters. Back in the 90's when I was collecting action figures, every series of X-Men figures came with Wolverine. I certainly didn't need that 20th Wolverine, but somebody did.

Back