1/6 Star Ace Christopher Lee Dracula

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose we could have Blade vs Dracula,

Tomb-of-Dracula-10.jpg

And eventually,

51RW8Zpu9UL._SX316_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Same here.

I didn't think I wanted this, but the classic nature and apparent better quality is calling to me.

Though he doesn't really fit into the collection anywhere. His closest comrades would be the Jonah Hex figures - Brolin and his identically dressed buddy Ray Stevenson. :lol

This should fit in if your collection contains a lot of other one-off horror figures. Maybe it's a little different because Scars of Dracula comes between the much more popular and more frequently licensed Universal Monsters and the 80s horror icons (including Leatherface, who tends to be lumped in with Freddy, Michael Myers and Jason despite coming from the early 70s). I guess Hammer's characters---besides Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing---just aren't as striking to adapt as figures.

I'm glad there's that second head. If it was just the closed-mouth head, then I think I'd have to pass on this.

This should fit in if your collection contains a lot of other one-off horror figures. Maybe it's a little different because Scars of Dracula comes between the much more popular and more frequently licensed Universal Monsters and the 80s horror icons (including Leatherface, who tends to be lumped in with Freddy, Michael Myers and Jason despite coming from the early 70s). I guess Hammer's characters---besides Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing---just aren't as striking to adapt as figures.

I don't have any of that type of figure, except for Sideshow's Jason on order.

Think I got a bit of everything else: Star Wars; DC; Marvel; Terminator; Indiana Jones; Planet of the Apes; Heat; Judge Dredd; Resident Evil; Kick-Ass; Roman army; gladiators; Star Trek; Sucker Punch; Predator; Jack Sparrow; Firefly; Escape From New York; Commando Cody Rocket Man; western figures, plus a few other oddments.

Since I sold Sideshow's Nosferatu and the London After Midnight Chaney long ago this genre has been way off my radar.

However, as with those comic book crossovers, I can see a place for this with Blade or Doctor Strange.

(The one figure I forgot to mention was Star Ace's Steve McQueen Virgil Hilts - and he was an odd impulse purchase. Jason will likely end up with the Hockey masked Heat figures :lol).

This looks great!
The head sculpt could be a little better, but it's a damn nice figure. Is it up for pre-order anywhere?

Likeness just isn't strong enough for me. Which is a shame, because I love Hammer, and Lee and Cushing especially.

I'm really on the fence. I have the Enterprise one, and I like it.

Again - another SA sculpt that's no quite there, and yet they demand big boy money.

Hammer Dracula is awesome! Wish this figure was...You can't charge Hot Toys money for a figure that doesn't come close to the bar they've set as far as tailoring and sculpt quality. It's kinda fun but not for 200+.

I have the Sideshow version from years back it has a rather soft sculpt but it's still one of my favorite figures. This version looks ok I can see Lee in the 'screaming' sculpt but the other one is just laughable and looks ridiculous and nothing like Lee, tailoring is reasonable and I could live with it but then there's' the price which doesn't quite match the quality.

The Enterprise version is indeed a great sculpt, even the paint quality is not bad for that period when it was released.
I agree likeness is not 100% with the Star Ace, but the open mouth head version has gotten me to pre-order it.
So I am looking out for it a lot.
The shoes/boots I do not like.

Back