Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im a big fan of the Threezero Rambos, and First Blood is one of my favourite ever films. I can see some improvements have been made to this figure but im still not convinced of the likeness in fact some pictures range from making it look horrible and others making it look balloon headed although ive always tried to maintain you should really see things with your own eyes before you cast your final judgement. Sponsored reviews should never be trusted and the same for people using one company to put another down. Figures are never perfect (or not any ive seen) but most can be posed to highlight its best angle. I have the kaustik plastic Rocky training version head and its awesome (but it also looked awesome in pictures) so my question is do i seek out this figure or let this one slide.
I had my reservations while I waited for mine to ship. Some pics made me disappointed. Others seemed ok to decent. But I held off as this was the look I had been waiting for. I have to say after receiving him in hand my initial worry was gone. Paint looks better in hand. Here is my showcase video I did. I think the video gives off a pretty good indication of what I'm seeing in person. Hope it helps with your decision. But as mentioned above, getting this at cost might be an issue now that it's sold out and I don't know if Slystalloneshop is doing another run or batch or what their plans for their releases will be.

Kinda wonder how deep Sly Stallone Shop will go in terms of characters that they make into figures. Rocky and Rambo variants seem obvious. Cobra is coming.

I doubt we’ll get Stallone’s version of Judge Dredd unless they’re able/willing to pay for the licensing. Probably will get a Barney Ross. Maybe his characters from Cliffhanger and Demolition Man?

Kinda wonder how deep Sly Stallone Shop will go in terms of characters that they make into figures. Rocky and Rambo variants seem obvious. Cobra is coming.

I doubt we’ll get Stallone’s version of Judge Dredd unless they’re able/willing to pay for the licensing. Probably will get a Barney Ross. Maybe his characters from Cliffhanger and Demolition Man?
I was thinking about that too. Cliffhanger. Demolition Man seem to fit the bill. What about Tango from Tango and Cash? Probably would want Cash as well though.

There is one on a Facebook bst group for 520. People…
I saw that. Had to look at sold listings on ebay and......😲
Screenshot_20221227-095829_eBay.jpg

Quick comparative Photoshop with Threezero's First Blood head, just for fun and trying to see how the mix could look...

rambos.jpg

So I usually just lurk on the forums and watch figure release dates, quality control cases with figures, and overall community chat.
However, I wanted to share my experience with this figure so far and wanted to know if this is actually broken or just poor QC.
So attached you will see my figure is in bad shape. As soon as I picked up the box I heard items flipping around inside.
After opening it an inspecting things I saw the boots were not attached to Rambo’s shins. I attempted to put the boots back on but noticed that it doesn’t quite work? Are they suppose to snap in properly in that section of the leg shown in the pictures?
I contacted support, and instead of immediately trying to fix the problem, I get some combative guy who isn’t “an action figure collector” stuttering all over the place when talking to me. I was completely calm with the guy the whole time which made things a little weird to me.
He threw at me “ well, well, you, you can send him back if you wa, want, we have sold thousands of these, and know people who want them”
I took his original offer of just sending replacement boots because he claims that the boots are the problem. He also doesn’t know when that will be shipped, but he guarantees it will be. Along with a non bent card. The coa was shoved in the box by I assume an ignorant “I don’t collect action figures” guy.
Honestly, I am really disappointed in this and I am not worried about how hot the thing is on the aftermarket, like it seems they are.
5F9B0E62-8300-4CEC-8A6C-405BF7D9BDFD.jpeg

Attachments

• 1468C40C-1008-4FE3-854C-06698C4B5F50.jpeg
    1468C40C-1008-4FE3-854C-06698C4B5F50.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 8EF04C7A-97A1-429E-BC7A-1E9E1D2686F2.jpeg
    8EF04C7A-97A1-429E-BC7A-1E9E1D2686F2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 9300557B-7A51-4517-BD96-0FD14BCBF589.jpeg
    9300557B-7A51-4517-BD96-0FD14BCBF589.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
This figure is very bad and custom service is even worse .. for a 300 $ figure .. but keep buying and praising this 10 year old figure only because it is being sold by stallone site

However, I wanted to share my experience with this figure so far and wanted to know if this is actually broken or just poor QC.
After opening it an inspecting things I saw the boots were not attached to Rambo’s shins. I attempted to put the boots back on but noticed that it doesn’t quite work? Are they suppose to snap in properly in that section of the leg shown in the pictures?
First of all, welcome aboard! :wave

To answer your question: From the pictures neither the boots nor the ankles look broken to me.
The little ball joints that are stuck inside the boots just need to snap into the ankle piece that you are showing in your picture; so that's correct.
It happens quite often, that one - or even both - of the shoes of a figure arrive unattached. Happened to me a few times with various manufacturers. That's not really an issue.
What I can't tell just from the pictures is if the ball joints properly fit into the ankle sockets...
Sometimes the ball is a little too small and thus the shoes keep falling off and other times the ball is a little too big and you have a hard time popping them back into the socket.
Just give it another try and make sure the ball joint stays in the middle when you do. In your picture you can see that the joint of the left shoe tilted forward... maybe that's why it didn't work. They tend to wobble around when you try to push them into the ankles.

Hope that helps.

First of all, welcome aboard! :wave

To answer your question: From the pictures neither the boots nor the ankles look broken to me.
The little ball joints that are stuck inside the boots just need to snap into the ankle piece that you are showing in your picture; so that's correct.
It happens quite often, that one - or even both - of the shoes of a figure arrive unattached. Happened to me a few times with various manufacturers. That's not really an issue.
What I can't tell just from the pictures is if the ball joints properly fit into the ankle sockets...
Sometimes the ball is a little too small and thus the shoes keep falling off and other times the ball is a little too big and you have a hard time popping them back into the socket.
Just give it another try and make sure the ball joint stays in the middle when you do. In your picture you can see that the joint of the left shoe tilted forward... maybe that's why it didn't work. They tend to wobble around when you try to push them into the ankles.

Hope that helps.
That worked!
Here I was sitting here like, ugh.. when it was really just an easy fix. I hope they still end the extra boot’s though. I won’t hold my breath!
I’ll be posting a little more from now on. The Game Toys section and others I follow kind of frequently.
Thanks for the welcome and help!!!

Attachments

• 88E63166-3D8F-4FA7-A7BE-68036ACCCBC9.jpeg
    88E63166-3D8F-4FA7-A7BE-68036ACCCBC9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
That worked!
Here I was sitting here like, ugh.. when it was really just an easy fix. I hope they still end the extra boot’s though. I won’t hold my breath!
I’ll be posting a little more from now on. The Game Toys section and others I follow kind of frequently.
Thanks for the welcome and help!!!
No problem. Glad it worked. (y)
And now you can fully enjoy your new figure! :hi5:

Back