Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course I don't believe any of that nor do I expect anything from Nick, but in this case I was referring to ThreeZero, in whom I still have some faith and hope...
--

I have hopes for 3Z's continued production design and quality for the GI JOE and POWER RANGERS line, but it's not guaranteed given their consistent inconsistencies with figures from their other licensed lines (i.e., GoT, HALO, TWD, etc.).

God forbid if Nick actually have a say so behind the scenes with how 3Z is managing the Rambo license.

Nick: "Hey! Look at me! I'm a credited powerful producer for Sly Stallone's Shop! I'm entitled to an overseer credit 3Z!"

To quote a line from UNDER SIEGE, "You have faith. I don't."

But they would need to produce a new body. Rambo's complexion changes a lot from movie to movie, as does the shape of his face, especially between 2 and 3...
True, he was the most ripped he's probably ever been in Rambo III. But it looks like they used the same body on the First Blood figure, or at least on the prototype. Same head as well i think? They just stuck some different hair on the sculpt didn't they? Even though his face looks totally different in First Blood

True, he was the most ripped he's probably ever been in Rambo III. But it looks like they used the same body on the First Blood figure, or at least on the prototype. Same head as well i think? They just stuck some different hair on the sculpt didn't they? Even though his face looks totally different in First Blood
Yeah, they've used the same body of their Rambo 3 in the prototype, and possibly the same sculpt, although I'm not so sure about the latter. Many people have complained about the body and after the improvement of his Rambo 3, it's expected that their First Blood figure will also improve the prototype. Fingers crossed.

--

I have hopes for 3Z's continued production design and quality for the GI JOE and POWER RANGERS line, but it's not guaranteed given their consistent inconsistencies with figures from their other licensed lines (i.e., GoT, HALO, TWD, etc.).

God forbid if Nick actually have a say so behind the scenes with how 3Z is managing the Rambo license.

Nick: "Hey! Look at me! I'm a credited powerful producer for Sly Stallone's Shop! I'm entitled to an overseer credit 3Z!"

To quote a line from UNDER SIEGE, "You have faith. I don't."
My faith in 3Z is based solely on the fact that they greatly improved their Rambo 3 prototype, and it will be over if they don't finally improve their First Blood figure prototype to make it just as spectacular and accurate as the previous one. The "Nick factor" is worrying and introduces new instability in everything related to this license, but I hope it doesn't interfere at least in this next figure.

Yeah, they've used the same body of their Rambo 3 in the prototype, and possibly the same sculpt, although I'm not so sure about the latter. Many people have complained about the body and after the improvement of his Rambo 3, it's expected that their First Blood figure will also improve the prototype. Fingers crossed.
I passed on the original threezero rambo 3 because the headsculpt looked off.
Then they changed it, so I got one of the 2nd batch.
Its not perfect. I hate the arms they look stupid bent and have never bothered posing it as the paint rubbed with light handling. It looks great with the arms straight down museum pose, but not exactly the point of the character. You want to see him in an action pose.
Same reason I have put off preordering the first blood from threezero, as they've shown it with the Rambo 3 body which is too big.
They might well change it for a smaller body as proto pictures are not final.
Will wait and see.
At least they got the number of teeth on the knife right 14 instead of 12 as on the original hot toys knife and stallone shop version.
Tbh it was a detail I had missed aswell but you'd think they wouldn't have missed that.

Simple thing to check, very embarrassing

My faith in 3Z is based solely on the fact that they greatly improved their Rambo 3 prototype, and it will be over if they don't finally improve their First Blood figure prototype to make it just as spectacular and accurate as the previous one. The "Nick factor" is worrying and introduces new instability in everything related to this license, but I hope it doesn't interfere at least in this next figure.
--

The "Nick Factor" is worrying and outright scary.

The buffoon accomplished to alienate the very core group of collectors that would support the figures being hocked.

Not only that, but his buffoonery is of such magnitude that it could very well enable other buffoons and their buffoonery within the 1:6 hobby (i.e., Odell, etc.) to re-emerge.

It's bad enough with Nick, but his antics comes across as emboldening and rewarding to others who'll take inspiration from him.

God, I hope not. It seems like the more collectors "reward" bad business/marketing decisions along with excusing mediocrity and disregarding transparency the more idiocy it spews and collectors still wonder WTF is going on while there are those who apparently believe in rewarding such idiocy/stupidity with their money (supposedly) unless all the postings being indifferent or supportive is utter bull crap?

I am worried for anyone preordering this thing. Seriously guys you should wait and see.
--

Be careful.

Some could very well interpret that as a "How dare you?!" remark and could demand your cancellation instead of supporting the likelihood of overpriced mediocrity and blind loyalty.

As for 1:6 John Rambo figures based on say the first three films, why bother with a complete figure?

There are enough viable/workable 1:6 muscular body types available. I'd rather see a superb 1:6 head sculpt of the character with the matching outfits and accessories/weapons from each of the first three films instead.

This way, the core components can be done properly and the preference for the body type is up to the preference of the collector.

--

The "Nick Factor" is worrying and outright scary.

The buffoon accomplished to alienate the very core group of collectors that would support the figures being hocked.

Not only that, but his buffoonery is of such magnitude that it could very well enable other buffoons and their buffoonery within the 1:6 hobby (i.e., Odell, etc.) to re-emerge.

It's bad enough with Nick, but his antics comes across as emboldening and rewarding to others who'll take inspiration from him.

God, I hope not. It seems like the more collectors "reward" bad business/marketing decisions along with excusing mediocrity and disregarding transparency the more idiocy it spews and collectors still wonder WTF is going on while there are those who apparently believe in rewarding such idiocy/stupidity with their money (supposedly) unless all the postings being indifferent or supportive is utter bull crap?
If the "Nick Factor" is standardized and becomes the dominant norm, of course I will buy a lot less figures, or focus on less "popular" themes of the hobby.

On the other hand, I think that in this case the supportive messages at the mainstream level have more to do with the blind fanaticism of many of Sly's followers than with the antics of the court jester. On a hardcore level, they may be related to KP's good reputation. Of course, unconditional support can also be due to friendship, or financial or other compensation.

Last edited:
Gonna wait until the head gets recast and put on Ebay. :monkey3
Then just plonk the new head on my old HT Rambo.
Think thats probably happen at some point.
This is the kumik head that I added sideshows snake pliskin hair to.
Not perfect but an option.
It got scuffed so I repainted it fairly basic, but its not a bad sculpt maybe too thin in the face for that time.
I think the original hot toys sculpt is still very good and can look better with a repaint.

Attachments

• 20220209_223715.jpg
    20220209_223715.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 79
If the "Nick Factor" is standardized and becomes the dominant norm, of course I will buy a lot less figures, or focus on less "popular" themes of the hobby.

On the other hand, I think that in this case the supportive messages at the mainstream level have more to do with the blind fanaticism of many of Sly's followers than with the antics of the court jester. On a hardcore level, they may be related to KP's good reputation. Of course, unconditional support can also be due to friendship, or financial or other compensation.
--

In the end, it's always about the $.

Well, Nick's shop is bombarding Facebook with massive publicity for the FB figure, demonstrating again his clear focus on hardcore collectors who would pay what he asks without batting an eyelid for his figure, as long as the quality is as promised and the purchase options are rational and in accordance with current times.

The sales argument is becoming more and more clear, and Stallone has gone from helping with the design a few months ago to directly designing the figure. This is a fairy tale that adds to the already famous "2 years in the making", aimed at mainstream Sly fans who won't hesitate to value much more something the actor has supposedly personally worked on, even if it's crap. If he had designed it, he would have felt something real when doing the "unboxing" or, at least, he would have taken the figure out of the plastic tray.

They've also incorporated the "Worldwide Shipping" note, although many people continue to complain about the expenses derived from their worldwide shipping system. It is curious to see the comments on these ads, because some of them show what happens when you use a shotgun to catch butterflies:

ssscmnts.jpg

Last edited:
Back