Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a guy who borrowed a lot of money for production from his business partner, who got the licences, and who persuaded several best sculptors that he is legit. As a company, they posted things they've been provided by artists, but there were no full prototype figures presented. They took preorders, continuously updated for better. There were delays, obviously. At some point it sounded ridiculous (like an additional piano). Finally, they produced a very badly designed Lennon with underscaled head and a questionable body and got lost with other preorders (and prototypes that artists provided).

So, paying upfront to a company that produced nothing yet is bad taste now.
--

Permutations of that occurred within the 1:6 hobby over the years.

I had a front row seat experiencing and seeing first hand the rise and fall of a 1:6 brand that went through a similar story some years ago.

It embarrasses me to this day as well as hard lesson learned resulting in how and why I am extremely cynical, distrustful, and questioning of such where the majority chooses to fall for the lure of something promising.

It embarrasses me to this day as well as hard lesson learned resulting in how and why I am extremely cynical, distrustful, and questioning of such where the majority chooses to fall for the lure of something promising.

Parallels with current political climate. But that's another subject. And supports the old adage: there's a sucker born every minute

I live in the UK, so I’m s*** out of luck! Such a shame as I would of loved to have a semi-decent balboa figure in my collection. (You never know tho, this nick fella might have pulled his finger out by then and will be available to pre-order on other sites.🤞) But good luck to the rest of you guys that are going for this figure..from what I’ve been reading in this forum you’re defo going to need it!

Parallels with current political climate. But that's another subject. And supports the old adage: there's a sucker born every minute
--

To quote a line by the great late Cloris Leachman as Great Gam Gam from the 2006 film BEERFEST, "We are all w**** in some ways."

To me that is more appropriate and fitting in terms of the old adage.

You never know tho, this nick fella might have pulled his finger out by then and will be available to pre-order on other sites.
I'm aware that they are receiving many requests to make the figures available both in Europe and in the Asian market. Now everything depends on them seeing business in opening these markets and satisfying collectors from all over the world, but my faith in this has been weakening as this thread has grown...
from what I’ve been reading in this forum you’re defo going to need it!
My faith in the final result of these figures has also been weakening as this thread has grown...

My faith in the final result of these figures has also been weakening as this thread has grown...
--

GEE . . . what makes you want to post/say a thing like that?

No blind faith and/or accepting it at face value like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread?

NOTE: The preceding is sarcasm for those with impaired or non-functioning sarcasm radar and absolutely no disrespect in anyway to @PopGimmicks.

As of late, I feel like Dr. Miles J. Bennell from the 1956 classic sci-fi film INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS where I'm the one being viewed as insufferably paranoid when I warn about the invasion and how it's spreading or in terms of 1:6 how so many are just accepting and taking the path of least resistance and any questioning/skepticism is met with disdain.

GEE . . . what makes you want to post/say a thing like that?

No blind faith and/or accepting it at face value like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread?

NOTE: The preceding is sarcasm for those with impaired or non-functioning sarcasm radar and absolutely no disrespect in anyway to @PopGimmicks.
Please don't worry, sarcasm radar working fine here! :LOL:

I feel like Dr. Miles J. Bennell from the 1956 classic sci-fi film INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS where I'm the one being viewed as insufferably paranoid when I warn about the invasion and how it's spreading or in terms of 1:6 how so many are just accepting and taking the path of least resistance and any questioning/skepticism is met with disdain.
I hope you don't mind, but I see you more as a kind of sensei with enough wisdom to transmit to whoever wants to apprehend it. Lately I'm living collecting 1/6 with some disappointment. Release after release the prototypes decline more and more in their final result, with few honorable exceptions (ThreeZero's Rambo 3, for example), prices have climbed to absurd positions in some cases (just take a look at the spare parts market if you do military kitbash or any other kind), and it seems that collectors are the last thing that brands worry about. So yes, sensei, sometimes I learn a lot from what you say, other times what you say helps me confirm what I already sensed, and other times, of course, I just LMAO with your stuff, which is much appreciated. In any case, thanks for sharing your point of view and please keep that "insufferably paranoid" sense that can help some of us balance our expectations and steer clear of disappointing (as well as expensive in some cases) experiences.

EDIT: I've mentioned ThreeZero's Rambo, but on the positive side I have to mention Lim's Gunslinger above all. The process of creating this figure was a true demonstration of passion for the hobby, as well as respect and communication with collectors, two values that made me enter this world and that, unfortunately, are in decline. When the Gunslinger was announced I was really excited. Then came a very long production process that served to improve the figure, and that made me feel more and more excited. When these Sly figures were announced I felt a similar emotion but, little by little and as things have gone, this feeling has been lost. It's a shame.

Last edited:
Please don't worry, sarcasm radar working fine here! :LOL:

I hope you don't mind, but I see you more as a kind of sensei with enough wisdom to transmit to whoever wants to apprehend it. Lately I'm living collecting 1/6 with some disappointment. Release after release the prototypes decline more and more in their final result, with few honorable exceptions (ThreeZero's Rambo 3, for example), prices have climbed to absurd positions in some cases (just take a look at the spare parts market if you do military kitbash or any other kind), and it seems that collectors are the last thing that brands worry about. So yes, sensei, sometimes I learn a lot from what you say, other times what you say helps me confirm what I already sensed, and other times, of course, I just LMAO with your stuff, which is much appreciated. In any case, thanks for sharing your point of view and please keep that "insufferably paranoid" sense that can help some of us balance our expectations and steer clear of disappointing (as well as expensive in some cases) experiences.
--

You're being overly generous and too kind by calling me/referring to me (of all members within CF) as a sensei.

Why that would be considered and viewed by some as being offensive and profane.

A term (or terms) more applicable could be butthole (sanitized term not in violation of CF guidelines) or just anally annoying.

I'm humbled by your post/reply, but there are other far more worthy collectors who deserves/earns being called or referred to as a sensei.

I'm just an opinionated collector who irks a certain segment.

So there.

I'm adding it to the collecting lexicon now:

'This could be another Nicky C situation.'

So many pretenders coming our way lately, only a tiny few actually make good product.

Last edited:
I'm just an opinionated collector who irks a certain segment.
THIS has its value. I know that there are collectors with a lot of knowledge of the hobby, but I know what I am referring to with the term sensei. It has a lot to do with learning not to take "the path of least resistance". I've seen reflections of yours in a store group that could go directly against the store's supposed interests, but they are honest with collectors. That is honorable and appreciated. What follows next has nothing to do with 1/6 but with cinema, my other passion, and I always remember how Tarkovsky, one of the greatest geniuses of the seventh art, was considered by his own rulers as more or less "just an opinionated filmmaker who irks a certain segment". Sometimes the path is hard and breaks some illusions, but it is worth following it to learn.

I wasn't gunna argue no point

Attachments

• 20220202_224233.jpg
    20220202_224233.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 75
I mentioned it before, but after perusing the comments since, it cements my decision: PASS. Hot Toys pricing on a new company? No thanks.

Once in the hands of reviewers and based on their assessment I may pull the trigger on COBRA assuming the same talent is involved behind the scenes.

Nick deserves no recognition whatsoever; his behavior and attitude are befitting of a true MAGA-t and I'll avoid supporting him as much as possible.

Conjecture and enlightening comments aside, we now enter the waiting game.

Last edited:
I mentioned it before, but after perusing the comments since, it cements my decision: PASS. Hot Toys pricing on a new company? No thanks.

Once in hand of reviewers and based on their assessment I may pull the trigger on COBRA assuming the same talent is involved behind the scenes.

Nick deserves no recognition whatsoever; his behavior and attitude are befitting of a true MAGA-t and I'll avoid supporting him as much as possible.

Conjecture and enlightening comments aside, we now enter the waiting game.
--

And what a waiting game it'll be.

--

And what a waiting game it'll be.
Indeed!

For those who chose to preorder, I sincerely hope it's as close to what was promised as possible and I applaud your bravery. I've not been burned by 1/6 figures as of yet (lost an NRD on AceToyz "Blood Soldier" - so be it) but I also don't intend to be, especially not by a person like Nicky.

I've got an eye on ThreeZero's FB figure to see if they use a true FB sculpt + tone down the Part III repurposed body currently showing... If they do, they've got a sale here.

Someone mentioned earlier LimToys and their 1/12 line - I've got their The Last of Us 2-pack on preorder and have heard nothing but RAVE reviews about their processes/commitment to making the best figures in that scale and I'm hoping they'll catch a whiff of 80s icons!

* Side note - this may not be for all; however, I actually LOVE 3.75" scale (grew up with GI Joe & Dukes of Hazzard figures) and one of the most-recognized companies in that field, HIYA Toys, have teased a RAMBO line with more info in the coming months/Spring. Again, not for everyone but for me personally I can't WAIT!!

* Side note - this may not be for all; however, I actually LOVE 3.75" scale (grew up with GI Joe & Dukes of Hazzard figures) and one of the most-recognized companies in that field, HIYA Toys, have teased a RAMBO line with more info in the coming months/Spring. Again, not for everyone but for me personally I can't WAIT!!
--

A 1:18 Rambo line?

HMMM . . .

Why not a 1:12 RAMBO line?

That way we all can have an awesome 1:12 John Rambo figure that'll kill all of the GI JOE CLASSIFIED figures except for Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow.

--

A 1:18 Rambo line?

HMMM . . .

Why not a 1:12 RAMBO line?

That way we all can have an awesome 1:12 John Rambo figure that'll kill all of the GI JOE CLASSIFIED figures except for Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow.
Oh yes, you read that correctly: 1/18 scale RAMBO!!!

It's the only scale they work in, though I'm not mad at that, ha! They've done ALIENS, Predator, Robocop, some DC figures, King Kong, Godzilla, Judge Dredd (comic), and now, I present to you:

1643851241545.png

Back