SSW Theoden Auction = $11.50 ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, but, at one point the original Balrog was closing in at $4,000 - $5,000....

just sayin...

yeah, but, at one point the original Balrog was closing in at $4,000 - $5,000....

just sayin...

The most a Daddy 'Rog ever went for was $4000, TWICE, for an Artist Proof, that I've ever seen. Mostly it was in the $2200-$2600 range. Think it'll stay in the $1500-2200 range.

Beren

Are you really that surprised ? its a Weta...:monkey4

Been telling everybody here that this line hasnt age well for collectors ...Time to sell your old Weta collection before it becomes worthless.Hear the Worm.He is wise.

Are you really that surprised ? its a Weta...:monkey4

Been telling everybody here that this line hasnt age well for collectors ...Time to sell your old Weta collection before it becomes worthless.Hear the Worm.He is wise.

I hate to break it to you this Shai, but you're about 5-6 years late with this advice. The time to sell off this stuff was right around the time of ROTK. This is the time to be buying it, not selling it. :D

The most a Daddy 'Rog ever went for was $4000, TWICE, for an Artist Proof, that I've ever seen. Mostly it was in the $2200-$2600 range. Think it'll stay in the $1500-2200 range.

Beren

Well, then you didn't see all the completed eBay auctions...

I hate to break it to you this Shai, but you're about 5-6 years late with this advice. The time to sell off this stuff was right around the time of ROTK. This is the time to be buying it, not selling it. :D

im sure they will shoot up again when the hob comes out

Well, then you didn't see all the completed eBay auctions...

I must have missed some too then 'cause I never saw a non-AP Balrog go for more than $3600.

I'm sure some will and other's won't. The glory days are over but I can certainly see some renewed interest once The Hobbit hits. In the meantime however, this is a fantastic time to buy, or in my case re-acquire, some of the SSW stuff I sold off [for a small fortune] years ago for next to nothing today. :D

Um, Thats not a definate. The Hobbit could end up like Narnia.

I'd say the Weta pieces are doing better than SS on the market.

Ktjn;1803003 The Hobbit could end up like Narnia. [/QUOTE said:
Do you really believe that? ;)
Collectibles CAN be a very good investment, especially stuff like Weta. Some pieces will lose value dramatically but others, like sought after ones like the rog and cave troll, will always be worth a lot

There are always some pieces that retain and even increase in value. Some for obvious reasons, such as the Daddy Rog and Cave Troll, others for not so obvious reasons, such as the Merry bust.

Don't tell him that, the more sellers out there right now the better, makes it easy to pick up some choice items really cheap.

Beren

They were selling for around the $3000-$3600 range for about 6 months.

i could be wrong since i don't watch every single auction, but most daddy rogs that end up in the $1500 or less range usually have some sort of damage to them. most mint ones are still in the $2000 +/- range.

toytracker is usefull, but sometimes it's misleading since it doesn't take into account damage or items that may have been parted out.

Back