SSW LOTR ENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you SS, I truly mean that; but let's not forget they are a business and they have made a considerable amount of $$$ off of this line.

Yup, agree - great work SSW - it's been a fun ride! :bow :bow :bow

And regarding value - I expect the prices on all items will rise, due to the final limit of all available pieces being set.

The main threat I see in the value of this line, is if another rival company gets the license and starts flooding the market with LOTR.

SSW will always be the stand-out line to me.

I am torn by this announcement. I am relieved that I wont have to pay much more money, but I am very disappointed that some of the statues I wanted will not be produced. They said they were going out with a bang, but I didnt think it would be this soon.

Yeah, I agree thanks SS and Weta.:toast I'm still a big supporter of them and always will be.

THANK YOU SIDESHOW:toast

Now I can catch up with the pieces I wanted from the past couple years!!!:)

Big announcment of the day eh? :eek I'm not too bummed about it - I have a couple of the pieces from the LOTR lineup but I don't like to tie myself down to just one fandom :p I do find it a little odd that there's not a Faramir, even a bust, but IMO Weta does not sculpt the best human likenesses anyway - I only collect the non-human stuff from that line (Morgul Lord being my favorite). I'm holding out hope (together with dstephan it seems :) ) for a 1/6 or 1/4 line from Sideshow - those likenesses would be pretty close to dead-on to be sure.

Goodbye Sideshow/Weta - it's been a fun ride.... :wave

I agree with it feeling so underwhelming. The last huge announcement was made 6 months before the end of the line. So now the last half a year of the license will go by with no new announcements. :( :sick

Well hearing the announcement makes my statues feel more "worthy". Now the statues are something to remember the whole SS-LOTR-Board, experience. I think this might cause a rise, not a fall in prices as some expect.

Having both SS/Weta come to a mutual agreement, I doubt we will see the line come back again, unless the Hobbit comes. I wonder if there are any clauses in the agreement where neither company can produce these statues on their own? But to me it seems both sides are happy and ready to move on, anything else is overboard, the time is right.
See ya in the Star Wars section.....

na na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey...good bye.... :(

I don't think these are the only two statues left. I think they are just announcing the most requested statue (Mumak) and the final statue (Corsair). I'm sure we'll see some more announcements at SDCC.

Does seem strange, even the quote from Chris, "these are the final pieces in the line".....Final, so what are the ones before the final ones are released. Just dosen't make sense with the SDCC coming and not to release this info there if this really is the End. But it also isn't the time for jokes so I believe that we will not see anymore "new" items besides the last 3 announced. Chris could of said it like "No more LOTR items these are the last 3, bye".

It is sad....

So many more i wanted .....

oh welll

Michael

re

So if this is the end of the polystone line, any hope for a final ROTK lithograph??? I doubt it. :(

Re: re

I think there is a lot of pieces people wanted that havent been made....

Still cant see why no faromir ?

Michael

re

Well, should ever The Hobbit make it to the screen...who will WETA partner? :p

Re: re

Well, hopefully Weta will smarten up after they see they are making a huge mistake and get the LOTR line going again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back