1/6 SSC Zuckuss Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice group shot. Now you need a common base and background to have them displayed properly :clap

I pulled the trigger. Spent some rp on him so even with that terrible shipping cost to overseas it didn't hurt that much.

I got him last night and first impression is he is pretty cool. I always liked the little figure as a kid so it is cool to see him realized in this manner.

zuck_straight_on.jpg
zuck_cu_001.jpg
zuck_profile_cu_01.jpg
zuck_whatsinmypouch_01.jpg
zuck_profile_02.jpg
zuck_youtalkingtome.jpg
zuck_eyedetail.jpg

If I had any concerns, it is the longevity of both the jacket (which is a really cool texture and look) and the hoses (really soft pliable rubbery substance). I also wish they did not make such boring stands for these new guys but overall he kicks ass.

Dengar is supposed to be here later today...

I got him last night and first impression is he is pretty cool. I always liked the little figure as a kid so it is cool to see him realized in this manner.

If I had any concerns, it is the longevity of both the jacket (which is a really cool texture and look) and the hoses (really soft pliable rubbery substance). I also wish they did not make such boring stands for these new guys but overall he kicks ass.

Dengar is supposed to be here later today...

The paint on the head looks just incredible. Much better in terms of paint subtlety than the V.2 Bossk head or the V.2 IG.:clap

But yeah - the longevity of pleather is always a question, and it was the first thing to pop into my mind with this guy because my Hasbro 12" Zuckuss' coat went septic really badly years ago, and there's been widespread issues with HT pleather deteriorating. I had planned to do a custom Zuckuss using a painted fabric coat to get around the issue, but this SSC fig looks too good, so the risk is going to be there.

It is interesting that they didn't try to add the dappled silver to the coat like he has in the movie (its almost glitter-sparkly onscreen,) though on the back of the costume it almost looks like splattered bird poop so maybe that was a good thing.:lol

And he's definitely shorter and fatter in the movie than the figure shows - actress Cathy Monroe played him, and is a shorter and heavier build. Here's a video of her from her website (with a Hasbro 12" Zuckuss on the table...):

[video]https://videos.weebly.com/uploads/1/6/9/9/16995376/mov01696_642.mp4[/video]

And he's definitely shorter and fatter in the movie than the figure shows - actress Cathy Monroe played him, and is a shorter and heavier build. Here's a video of her from her website (with a Hasbro 12" Zuckuss on the table...):

[video]https://videos.weebly.com/uploads/1/6/9/9/16995376/mov01696_642.mp4[/video]

Awww. She seems nice. :)

There is some debate regarding Cathy actually being in the film.

A Lightning Bear type of situation.

Weird. Where did you see/read that?

The Lightning Bear stuff is a decade ago, and his claims pertained to the differences between extras and stunt performers (and related to stormtroopers, not so much a particular named character, so far easier to fudge) whereas Cathy has a ton of quite recent interviews and mentions at higher level SW sites in relation to Zuckuss. She mentions having lunch with Prowse and being friends with Chris Parsons (who played various droids) on-set - you'd think they'd be like "Who's she? She wasn't there" if she didn't play Z, because she's at SW shows sometimes alongside them.

really enjoyed this character back when i was reading the older eu boba fett trilogy of books.
question for those that would know- is that his face or some sort of organic helmet? or its his face but with them metal bits grafted on he is clamping down on them with mouth at front?

Great well-lit shot, Travis - thanks!

In anticipation for this new SSC version's imminent arrival, I dug up the Hasbro "Action Collection" (12" figures) of Zuckuss

HASBRO ZUCKUSS 001.jpg

While it's looking like Sideshow did a really good job bringing this one through production with some good quality materials and detail, I gotta say the old $20 Hasbro figure from 2003 hits the mark really well for a mass-produced, mass-market figure. The body shape seems better proportioned (shorter, bulkier) and the coloring looks closer to the screen version than the new Sideshow figure does (as seen in this screen grab)

ESB-SCREEN ZUCKUSS 01.jpg

That ole' Hasbro figure still holds up really well!

Now that's not to say the Sideshow one is "wrong" - it looks well-crafted with good materials. I'm curious what they used for their image sources to come up with the colors and materials they did for this figure. The final result looks brighter and lighter while the outfit and gear look much darker and less textured.

Still looking forward to seeing the Sideshow figure for myself next week. It does look good. I'm gonna be hanging onto this old Hasbro one though...it holds up.

I don't have v2 in hand, but the dark color threw me off, and yes, I do love that snarling head!!!!!

Color isn't THAT dark, it's definitely much more close to the movie appearance than original yellow color.

Love the bounty hunters. Have to unpack the others before Dengar arrives. My only complaint with Zuckass is the material for the cloak. Feels like it with crack soon.

04EEEA20-954E-47D0-95A9-EE8C4B0608BD.jpg

Back