SSC TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh... those pics... Now I'm contemplating should I get... Cause... it's gonna be a ebay war with finding parts....

As cheap as the UU Han Solo.

No, and I don't understand your mindset? genuinely i woud love you to explain your post? The UU Solo headsculpt is in an entirely different level to this. The paint apps and texturing on it are amazing (although the actual pose is somewhat odd for Solo) this looks cheap in the lower end of the market type of way. More Hasbro than either HT or EB.:dunno

Now that shouldn't put a man with your modifying abilities off it.

:lol
Oh I'm getting him, and I'm gonna try my best with it. Listen I'm still happy he has been released, even as he is, I just think "what if" now when I see these SS human releases. Imagine a DX HT Ep1 obi? Collecting 1/6 for me is about having something almost photo realistic, unfortunately SS aren't there yet.

:monkey2

No, and I don't understand your mindset? genuinely i woud love you to explain your post? The UU Solo headsculpt is in an entirely different level to this. The paint apps and texturing on it are amazing (although the actual pose is somewhat odd for Solo) this looks cheap in the lower end of the market type of way. More Hasbro than either HT or EB.:dunno

Not really. I personally dont think the UU Solo figure is that good. Is it better than Sideshow's sure? Is 185.00 better? Nope. I dont get why alot of Freaks are comparing a 335.00 figure or a 300.00 (Luke) to a 150.00 and complain about them not being the same quality. It's just plain ridiculous. Yeah, we got a good deal with Luke, but that is not their normal standard.

Btw, Im not a Sideshow Star Wars collector, In a matter of fact, I had all their figures up to their Darth Vader and sold them all. I just recentlly got the HT Luke as a gift and it drew me back. First one I bought was Medi Darth Maul.

Last edited:
Be nice, wouldn't it? Instead I foresee them pulling out the Hot Toys ploy of offering version 2.0 figures they've already done and from what they have said in interviews it sounds like that is what will happen.

If that's the case I'd be just the sucker to re-buy them all. But I foresee there'd be lots of the new heads hitting eBay as replacement parts.

Maybe SS should outsource the heads to HT, and co-brand like the armored figs?

Not really. I personally dont think the UU Solo figure is that good. Is it better than Sideshow's sure? Is 185.00 better? Nope. I dont get why alot of Freaks are comparing a 335.00 figure or a 300.00 (Luke) to a 150.00 and complain about them not being the same quality. It's just plain ridiculous. Yeah, we got a good deal with Luke, but that is not their normal standard.
Oh no my friend I tried to make that point too but apparently that's not a valid argument.
So in that case :lecture Sideshow should be making HT quality products and HT shouldn't be ripping us off :cuss :lecture

Btw, Im not a Sideshow Star Wars collector, In a matter of fact, I had all their figures up to their Darth Vader and sold them all. I just recentlly got the HT Luke as a gift and it drew me back. First one I bought was Medi Darth Maul.

We shouldn't be comparing prices between any companies, HT,EB,UU,Medi whatever. We should just be comparing sculpts.

The extra cash involved is usually an indication of a massive amount of accessories or a bit of a rip off. That's up to the buyer really. But... thing is ALL of these companies are expensive enough now to give us top notch headsculpts and paint apps. None of these companies are charging small amounts of money that would justify a quick and cheap factory paint job.

And using 300$ Luke as an argument as to why this doesn't look better doesn't hold water.
1. Take a 300$ DX Luke set.
2. Take out half of the set. Is what you get for 150$, even comparable to the quality of this SS release? No, it not.

SS just don't have the manufacturing infrastructure yet to make these things top notch, even if they charged 300$, I don't believe they could do it.

Last edited:
Do you see Ewan Mcgregor as young Obiwan in this pictures?? or only me? :)
After fixed up the collar in 5 seconds, is it still "girrafe neck" issue??
Tell me what you think guys :)

KP1_8799_zps2f8eeaea.jpg

Thanks for the new pics :duff

It does look better here, good to know the neck can look more natural.

I think the tunic might also be a bit short and the belt is up a bit high... hopefully this can be futzed away, but it's throwing off the proportions a bit.

The-Young-Obi-Wan-young-obi-wan-kenobi-23967083-353-450.jpg
SWEpisode1ObiWanKenobiGoldFoil.jpg

So does everyone agree that we will start getting charged tonight and that these are in the warehouse now and will begin shipping today or tomorrow?

i think he looks pretty cool. is he enterbay, hot toys caliber? no. but at this slow as a snail rate, i dont think we will be seeing any episode 1 obis redone anytime soon. this is one of my favorites and like most, waited forever to have him. im sure once in hand with some play i will be very satisfied

:lol
Oh I'm getting him, and I'm gonna try my best with it. Listen I'm still happy he has been released, even as he is, I just think "what if" now when I see these SS human releases. Imagine a DX HT Ep1 obi? Collecting 1/6 for me is about having something almost photo realistic, unfortunately SS aren't there yet.

:monkey2

At least they have moved one more step up from the cartoon charicature humans they've been doing for years. Now just ditch the raggedy Prometheus body and they can start to compete with everybody else.

Back