1/6 SSC Thor Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought he actually WAS Thor from an old story where Loki transformed him into a frog???

There's 2 versions of Frog Thor. As stated from Simonson's story where Loki turns Thor into a frog, and a story where a frog finds a small shard broken off Mjolnir that turns him into Throg ala the old Donald Blake walking stick transformation.

So, there are 2 versions of the frog Thor.

Though I believe this is supposed to be the former since they don't actually call him "Throg" but Thor Frog on Sideshow's website.

Though displaying them together would make more sense if it's Throg.

I am surprised that for a recently release figure, this thread is not getting more love.

Thor arrived this week and even though it is a great figure out of the box I wanted to upgrade it and finished my custom last night.

Using the M35 body, I added Sideshow Monty Python Knight pants. Thank you Betic1 for the idea. It was quite difficult though. I eventually had to cut out the lining of the pants to get it fit and resew the top of the pants which I had to cut. I added height extenders which made the figure wobbly but added tape to give a little stability. I also needed to add tape to the foot pegs to get it fit in the SS boots.

Anyway enough writing and here is a pic:
28183573148_7b877dc711_c.jpg

Here is Thor with some allies:
28183564818_cbe10109f0_c.jpg

If only someone could produce a nice Silver Age comic Iron Man. I am looking at you Sideshow. Better yet, have Hot Toys produce comic accurate DC and Marvel figures. Oh well, that is a dream that might never come true.

This is a great figure, wish it was more Kirby "Classic" looking like the box art, but I like it!

100_8686.JPG100_8687.jpg100_8688.jpg

So tonight I'm trying to transfer the costume to the Phicen body but I'm coming across a major problem with the pegs, the female slots are much larger than the pegs, any suggestions?

So tonight I'm trying to transfer the costume to the Phicen body but I'm coming across a major problem with the pegs, the female slots are much larger than the pegs, any suggestions?

You could either heat it to where the plastic is pliable enough for the large pegs to fit or you can drill the feet enough for it to fit and stay tight.

Also has anyone been able to successfully remove the helmet from the head? Mine seems to be on crooked but so far all I've been able to remove is the hair

Put a drop of gorilla snot glue on the peg ball and let it dry overnight. It will expand and harden. Then insert it into that female slot. Yea. Read that **** again.

Also has anyone been able to successfully remove the helmet from the head? Mine seems to be on crooked but so far all I've been able to remove is the hair

I had sideshow send me a new head for that very problem. They sent it no questions asked.

Ah, yeah. Sorry, I read that wrong haha. In that case, I usually put a healthy amount of putty. With putty, nothing is permenant as glue but still does its job.

Nothing spectacular, not like a Hot Toys' True Type. Also, my opinion overall of this figure has changed after having it in-hand... its a solid release. However, the headsculpt and paintwork are two of its weakest components.20180613_161000.jpg

Back