SSC The Joker 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No offense to anyone - but you guys are CRAZY for body switching this guy. The body is perfectly proportioned, works with the hands and head perfectly and is as posable and tight as you could want.

I think there's an unreasonable bias against Sideshow because of problems in the past - but no one is giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are constantly improving.

Do you actually have the figure? He doesn't stand up stright and it's almost impossible to get him stand on his own with out the stand... I love this guy to death but the legs just suck on this guy...

Took some better pics of my SSC Joker...

1275219_10151930672204346_1975086131_o.jpg

1404730_10151930672229346_1145708487_o.jpg

963807_10151930670954346_1397225255_o.jpg

1402879_10151930670799346_1703113092_o.jpg

1397825_10151930670769346_2062502744_o.jpg

1147755_10151930670689346_2013659982_o.jpg

1074093_10151930670214346_1817574299_o.jpg

No offense to anyone - but you guys are CRAZY for body switching this guy. The body is perfectly proportioned, works with the hands and head perfectly and is as posable and tight as you could want.

I think there's an unreasonable bias against Sideshow because of problems in the past - but no one is giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are constantly improving.

My only complaint about the body is the knees. They feel rubbery and make it impossible for his legs to look straight. I hate that you can't pose him without the slight crouch he has. Even in your pics it's pretty noticeable.

I think some of the leg mods shown in this thread improve the look greatly.

My only complaint about the body is the knees. They feel rubbery and make it impossible for his legs to look straight. I hate that you can't pose him without the slight crouch he has. Even in your pics it's pretty noticeable.

I think some of the leg mods shown in this thread improve the look greatly.

:exactly:

The Pro has improved. Love it on my Snowtroopers & the more recent Jedi but while the joints on this are tight, the knees are terrible. On all but a select few pics, and looking at mine in person, he has Bo Jangle's syndrome.

Do you actually have the figure? He doesn't stand up stright and it's almost impossible to get him stand on his own with out the stand... I love this guy to death but the legs just suck on this guy...

I have to agree with psycho it's not that we are having a witch hunt on sideshow, far be it, but I do feel these were not tested at all before they left the warehouse.

the ankles are really loose I can flick the feet very lightly and they practically spin. the knee's are tight but because their double jointed they look badly in the pants.

I personally am not moding because I don't want to disturb the costume that Kato fashioned, I am only making minor adjustments by adding a black tie, and the purple gloved hands.

Unless you bought the figure and see these quality control issues you can't judge us for being to harsh and wanting to better this work of art.

EVEN WITH all the issues, STILL the BEST 1/6th Joker Figure on the Market Currently.

My ONLY complaints with mine, are, as normal, the gloves not being purple, and his face looking Less like skin, and more like LEdgeresque makeup.
anyone tried repainting his face solid white yet?

Anyone know what style his tie is as i accidently un did it and cant figure out how to retie it...

Hey Psycho he looks great what Body is that?

It's an bootleg hot toys body narrow shoulder... only cost me 24 with shipping...

Also i re-did my Joker review so everyone can understand me and I dont sound like I'm dying... Trying to get better at these...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcoh5kFxhhM[/ame]

My follow up Joker review of being switched to an Hot Toys Narrow shoulder...

[ame]https://youtu.be/bbj4mKNoRcA[/ame]

Nope no issue at all. I posed him standing on his own for quite a while. No effort to get him to stand on his own, no issue with remaining standing.

Perhaps sideshow fixed the knees.

The knees on my figure might as well be made out of chewing bum or silly putty. Seriously, they are utterly useless. The whole body is made out of hard plastic, and then you have these stupid rubber knees. Like someone used the wrong material in the mold.

I just swapped the knees with an old pro body:

IMG_6634.jpg

Now his knees are rock solid, and hold any pose I want.

Waterboard him...oops...I mean water treat him...I have started using a spray bottle for 1/6 clothing....it is unbelievable how well it works...gives a natural hang to small clothing...

:goodpost:

Really went a long way with the collar and jacket on this figure.

Personally, I agree. It's usually best to keep an outfit on the body it was tailored for. But the knees need to go...

Again, it's just the knees.

You can find Pro bodies for pretty cheep, and swap the knees like I did.

Link to tutorial: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6115526#post6115526

If all these Joker figures have rubber or soft knees, how did I get one that I cannot bend at all???

Same knees as the Sand People / Boba Fett / Major Bludd...

Can't the knees just be pulled out of the thigh? They have pins on both the top and bottom? A little hair dryer heat to soften the ride and just pull out the knee from both leg pieces??

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as Dave. the knees on mine are ROCK SOLID. he's been standing stand free, on the 4th shelf of a bookcase for weeks now.

The knees on mine were indeed hard to articulate, but the rubber itself was bendy. Like, gumby bendy. And for some reason getting the legs in a straight pose was impossible. He looked bow legged at best, and I could only get him to stand without a crotch stand in sort of a crouch.

Are you guys saying that the knees on yours are made of hard plastic?

Back