SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. For the sake of my own sanity, I actually took a look at the initial preview photo and compared it to the released figure. They actually look very similar, other than the S emblem...
View attachment 153045

I'm staying optimistic!!!

Actually that's a whole different suit. Notice the stitch on the side of the abs. I have a feeling the picture on the right has the Batman body torso on it.

I see why the photo someone took verses proto pic. the proto has a heroic pose with shoulders back and chest outfront. like a puffed up manly man. wherre as sups in the other pic is at ease so he looks less muscular.

I will say this and maybe tony will agree with me i thin the snap should be just under the collar so there is no risk of it coming undone and exposing the cape edge. I guess im lucky i can sew.

SupesvsPromo.jpg

I think they have tried that "wide shoulders, thin waist" look that is so revered with bodybuilders. And while that look is amazing when they are competing, if you then put those guys in a spandex suit, it would likely look similarly off to your eye.
I also think that the figure will look a lot better in hand, instead of viewed on a computer screen of a pic taken by a camera at a weird angle.
I have lost count of how many times i have taken a pic of a figure that looks fabulous to my eyes, only to look at the pic of that same figure and find it looks off in some way...
This kind of thing is likely the reason for Supe's waspish waist.

4c2efd46285020ded00f1526948febf4.jpg

Actually that's a whole different suit. Notice the stitch on the side of the abs. I have a feeling the picture on the right has the Batman body torso on it.

Sure there is a different in the suit (stitching, emblem), but I doubt that the change stitching location is going to have that much of an impact on the figure. Also, just looking at the proportions of shoulders and arms,and thickness of the torso, it is definitely NOT the Batman body. I agree with Groovy, I think it's the same body, just a different pose. Also, the suit is pulled up higher, above the collar bones, which I think keeps the neck from looking longer, and allows more of the roman cape look on the back...

Why do all of these reviewers who get the figure have zero clue on how to film, photograph or generally handle these collectible figures? Is it their job to purposely make things look worse than they actually are?? I just don't understand why SS wouldn't try to find a competent filmer/reviewer/capable figure futzer who can better represent what the collectible actually looks like and offers. This and Snake. These videos are atrocious and almost un-watchable.

Sure there is a different in the suit (stitching, emblem), but I doubt that the change stitching location is going to have that much of an impact on the figure. Also, just looking at the proportions of shoulders and arms,and thickness of the torso, it is definitely NOT the Batman body. I agree with Groovy, I think it's the same body, just a different pose. Also, the suit is pulled up higher, above the collar bones, which I think keeps the neck from looking longer, and allows more of the roman cape look on the back...

I didnt say it was the Batman body, but it could be that its the upper torso. It is kind of removable after all. AND the suit would change how the figure looks.

Why do all of these reviewers who get the figure have zero clue on how to film, photograph or generally handle these collectible figures? Is it their job to purposely make things look worse than they actually are?? I just don't understand why SS wouldn't try to find a competent filmer/reviewer/capable figure futzer who can better represent what the collectible actually looks like and offers. This and Snake. These videos are atrocious and almost un-watchable.

They also constantly pose the figures so they look like Woody and Buzz from Toy story(When they freeze in place when a kid walks in). Arms sticking out at weird angles, legs in unnatural poses to be standing in, etc.

I didnt say it was the Batman body, but it could be that its the upper torso. It is kind of removable after all. AND the suit would change how the figure looks.

Looking at the 2 pictures, the chest/torso is no larger on the proto than the released figure. Even if it is the Batman torso, it's the Batman torso on both. I agree stitching makes a difference, if it changes the cut of the outfit. As both are spandex-type stretchy material, and they both look the same thickness, I don't think it makes any difference to this particular figure. It certainly wouldn't make one figure look more muscular than the other...

I think it's a combination of the pose... and as importantly, the fact that on the proto picture, the suit is pulled up above his collarbone. Changes the whole look of the torso and neck. They did the same thing with the figure in the display at SDCC

I responded about this on OPTs video review about reviewer's should kno some correct posing skill's, when reviewing figure's. If these reviewer's get these for free possibly and the review start bad review's what's the point of sideshow sending them out for free to review?:cuckoo: I dont understand why Sideshow or hot toys not hire some one who can pose these correct and promote the figure in right way. OMG forum member here always does great pic's n pose's just dont understand why this isnt promoted by Sideshow in House and still send out to reviewer's also but they should choose wisely on sending to reviewer's who can actualy work a cam n pose in right light. I'm not trying to put any reviewer down just remember when 1st of few to review please try film him correct otherwise a lot of negative will come. We wait at least a year for figure to arrive and urks me some one who not even a fan gets and make look poorly. Why not choose a huge fan like User to send this for free to or another big superman fan. What ever this reviewing will keep happening and thats why people like Sean long have a cake fn job and cant respect these revewers that get all 4 free and spread like disease's on youtube , net. What ever not canceling sorry 4 rant.:pfft:

As far as opt. He is a bit wordy maybe geeking out a lot. His reviews feel longer than the time. I guess I'm just use to the bomb show. But I sometimes fall asleep when I watch opt's reviews. My suggestion is to edit more on reviews get to the point and work on posing figures.

I just saw Thanos, and with all the other Hot Toys coming, I think I have to cancel this one...

I am still getting this. I agree, I had to stop watching OPT's video. Get tired of more hand action than seeing the figure and trying to decide if it is worth getting. I really get tired of seeing his hands. I have even stopped watching his other reviews. Come on SSC and others. Get a reviewer that actually can pose these things. I want to see what this figure is capable of.

I'm still keeping it on order. it does appear to be way over priced for what it is though. a rather average looking 12" superman action figure.

hopefully inhand we can make it work. otherwise we will be off loading these at a loss or paying another $200 in custom parts to make it acceptable.

I'm trying hard not to be pessimistic but i don't want a figure that has to stand at the back of the collection to hide its faults.

This is what Superman should have looked like. This Tony's work in progress on a SS Batman body. See Sideshow, its not so hard.

JLSuperman1220142_zps25344c8f.jpg

I would really like to know who makes these stupid decisions at Sideshow. How the hell do you decide to use a smaller body but keep the same big head?

Back