SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too think something is a bit off about the head. Maybe it's too realistically sculpted, like the details are a bit out of scale for 1/6th. It looks like a PF head versus 1/6th. Maybe the details will soften a bit during manufacture?
The double capes and triple heads is all kinds of Supes love! Right on SS!

I too think something is a bit off about the head. Maybe it's too realistically sculpted, like the details are a bit out of scale for 1/6th. It looks like a PF head versus 1/6th. Maybe the details will soften a bit during manufacture?
The double capes and triple heads is all kinds of Supes love! Right on SS!

So, in other words, the sculpt is so good you feel unworthy of it? :lol

Glad this finally came up for preorder. Can't believe 2 capes and 3 HS are included! SS is definitely keeping my business with this line by throwing in all the extras. Now if I could only get a Batman in black instead of blue...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397196037.873601.jpg doesn't look too bad together IMO what do you guys think?
I would prefer a black and grey suit for Batman when pairing with Superman, however for the time being it doesn't look too bad. Just wanted to make that clear

View attachment 103394 doesn't look too bad together IMO what do you guys think?
I would prefer a black and grey suit for Batman when pairing with Superman, however for the time being it doesn't look too bad. Just wanted to make that clear

Yeah the black suit would look better, it does look fantastic already though, makes me want to PO the Batman too.

I'm okay with the blue Bats SSC's releasing, and I think their World's Finest do look great together. As awesome as this line is though, I don't plan to get a lot from it due to budget and space constraint. I PO'd Bats, now I'm thinking whether to pair him with Catwoman, or PO Superman instead. I'm more inclined to do the latter, though as I have the movie versions of both characters from HT.

So the HS is too good and the body isn't worthy then.

Well, it's a perfect 10 for me from head to toes.

Don't even feel like ordering a cape from Tony, if he ever makes one.

No, I'm saying they don't match. The execution of the body and suit are very toyetic, but the portrait looks more hyper detailed akin to a PF portrait. Neither are bad looking and these look great, they just seem off together, IMHO. Others have said the head looks a tad too large. I just think it looks over detailed..
BTW, I'm not saying this is a bad figure, just looks odd.

I'm holding out on this one for now. Sick of seeing everything I've been ordering from SS being part of the douple points deal.

Looking at them side-by-side, I know they probably have the same body but to me Batman looks to be a bit more defined and physically a little bigger. It's probably just the fit of the suit but i'd hate to pay this much for a Sideshow figure and then have to do some tailoring to the suit.

It might be the colors of the suit that make it appear more fitted, less shading etc.

It might be the colors of the suit that make it appear more fitted, less shading etc.

I can buy that. I am very excited to see the nuances of these new superhero style bodies Sideshow is putting out. Also Snake Plissken. I have a feeling Sideshow really has something going here and I am excited to see it.

Re: Article: Re: SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Talking about half-assed and overpriced...
Yeah, I Really can't belive those hot toys figures have rotting rubber, and weird rubber coatings on fabric that melt and come off.

These sideshow offerings of the comic book versions are MUCH better.

Superheroes on the page are drawn with smaller heads than would be normal for a real human being. comic proportioned figures - which would look silly in the real world. So these figures have heads closer to actual human proportions. The Medicoms are more faithful to the art and have tiny little heads.

And this post was deftly quote for its contents of epic truth.

( This post was made to match dave's signature in context)

No, I'm saying they don't match. The execution of the body and suit are very toyetic, but the portrait looks more hyper detailed akin to a PF portrait. Neither are bad looking and these look great, they just seem off together, IMHO. Others have said the head looks a tad too large. I just think it looks over detailed..
BTW, I'm not saying this is a bad figure, just looks odd.

I get what you mean, I'm not calling you out or anything, I disagree though, no biggie.

Back